Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LowCalCalzoneZone

VIP Member
No one person makes or breaks a show. Yes, we all have ones we really like, (or not), but even if they leave, the show will go on.
I think I be more devastated if Claudia or Craig left the show than any of my favourite pros, as their absence would have the potential to fundamentally change the vibe of Strictly

Plus I can still thirst after Gorka on insta when he leaves, so I won't be entirely bereft

Reactions: 16

gdw1910

Can’t say I’ll miss Gio massively, he’s done nothing the last 2 years. I think he’s most likely been forced to leave, or at least advised to. I don’t think he’d actually leave of his own accord, especially given that the bbc stood by him with the whole Amanda situation. Frankly a good Strictly year would boost his reputation, so I think there may be something in the cctv Amanda requested. If he has decided to leave voluntarily what a stupid desicion! I don’t think he’ll have a lot of success without Strictly. I think some pros forget how much they need strictly to remind people that they exist, and hence boost their other projects! I think it goes without saying I don’t class celebrity big brother, I’m a celeb and celebs go dating appearances as success 😂

Reactions: 16

Honeystar

VIP Member
It certainly feels like the last series was where everything reached boiling point in more ways than one. For the past few series you've had the judges getting more and more picky, clearly choosing favourites etc which seemed to reach a head with Nigel and the very clear and obvious impact it had on his confidence. Then you've had the pressure to do something daring and "never done before" that's been ramping up, as Craig said you would have never had Natasha K attempting a showdance like Ellies, which of course reached its peak with the poor girl nearly breaking her neck on live TV. That's without all the Gio stuff.

As has been said, it's an entertainment show. Nobody is joining up because they want to become a professional standard dancer, even the ones that do well probably never dance again and have forgotten it all by Easter (as seen by the many winners who return for the launch show and are meh at best). They sign up for the paycheck and exposure and experience. It is, in my opinion, just as much a pros job to provide a memorable and enjoyable experience as it is to teach them to dance.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

DoseofReality

VIP Member
I think Rose coped with Gio by taking the piss out of him every time the 'lizzard' appeared and no I'm not talking about his member. She was able to not take it personally and turn it on him but that's just her personality. I think he tolerated being called a lizard and his fierceness being exposed because it endeared people even more to Rose and the more that happened the higher the odds of 'his' win. Ritchie has a similar outlook/ lightheartedness but they didn't get on at all.

Didn't Nicola Roberts not get on with him as well?

Boogs

VIP Member
I imagine he is like the colleague who management don’t know what to do with and are so relieved when he resigns.

ChastityDingle

VIP Member
He knew he had the winner in Rose, too, so I'm guessing that combined with the fact that she knew how to deal with him, softened his cough, so to speak.

soccergirl

VIP Member
Woah, this investigation stuff is mad! Yesterday the S*n was saying BBC were standing behind him?? Surely they knew of this??

So who are the Fanny Rat Three: Amanda, Laura, Ranvir?
Given that half of my identity on here is Gio-hating (the other half obviously being Vito-loving), today is like my birthday and Christmas at once.

• Haha
  • Heart

glasgow27

VIP Member
I've said before that they should give Karen the podcast gig that Joe Sugg has. Easy way to try her out in a presenting role rather than the baptism of fire Janette got and cancels out any ageism claims by dropping her entirely from the show.

Janette should be gone from ITT - they couldn't let her go last year because she was returning after maternity leave, but she's had 3 series and is still hopeless at interviewing, and lacks any ability to go off-script. There's a whole myriad of ex contestants who are trained presenters and would be better. Ellie Taylor, Angela Scanlon, Helen Skelton etc.

It’s the comments from people saying I bet she signed up to raise her profile and for the money - makes me laugh. Think that is why 90% of the celebs sign up!
That’s indisputably why 100% of them sign up. The BBC have done a great job of spinning the show as some sort of spiritual vocation, but it’s a paid reality TV gig and no one - front of stage or backstage - is turning up for free.

Willow9999

Just the cleanse the plate from the odious Fanny Rat, have just got back from seeing Johannes show. My word that man is a beautiful force of nature who just radiates joy. Amazing staging and production and camper than Christmas. I know he’s not having a partner this year ( sure he said this at a recent show) but I’d love to see him with someone that he could just have fun with and let loose.

ilovedogss

Why does everyone hate Rachel Riley? I only know her from 8 out of 10 Cats Does Countdown and thought she seemed nice enough. Is it just because of those kinda stupid statements she made about needing therapy for Strictly-related trauma, or has she done/said something worse?
She'd probably call you an anti-semite just for looking in her direction, then sue you for the trauma.

Also she always manages to make herself victim, like the Australia mall attack. She's vile.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Tanley

VIP Member
The show will carry on being popular, no matter who leaves. I don’t believe anyone stops watching just because their favourite dancer is no longer there. Most people couldn’t name the pros anyway.

All I want from Strictly is to see some good dancing, a bit of light hearted entertainment, and enjoy watching ‘The Journey’ of contestants I like. That’s it.

• Heart

Fillyjonk

VIP Member
Tbh, I am not really bothered about Neil getting a partner and it seems likely he will if Johannes opts for the bench to concentrate on rehearsals for Kinky Boots, even if we get a new male pro. We have to suffer Dianne with a partner every season so why not have an extra loo break this year and let Neil have a go? Even better if they put Neil and Di back to back so we can pop down to the shop and not miss anything.

• Haha

DoseofReality

VIP Member
The misogyny in those comments. I bet they're all be kind folk but only towards Fanny Rat not anyone else. Amanda was in no way lazy, most forums were calling her a robot and it was obvious she was a perfectionist too. She'll be well used to putting the hours in for her job but she was entitled to eat and to leave after so many hours to be with her family. The way he used to push and pull her about the Clauditorium in the background used to trigger controlling vibes in me.

I'd laugh if the third complaint was from Rose. The way people are using her to defend him is really demeaning and act like he's responsible for her career success but she was already successful off her own back. They'd soon turn on her.

Or the 'I've met him and he was lovely' comments. Because you'd paid for him to be.

posy

VIP Member
Went to see the show yesterday - quick review no one asked for! No one really stood out and I don’t mean that in a bad way, they were all fabulous. This year I thought the female pros were stronger than last year.
A fav of mine was the fosse section - Carlos looked particularly beautiful in that section.
The re staging of Something just like this was done well and kudos to Graz and Carlos for holding and moving the stairs whilst Nikita and Vito danced on them.
Nikita creates a hell of a lot of chemistry with whoever he dances with. He and Vito have grown in confidence when doing the talking sections.
Nikita/Luba - they need to lead a group number this year.
Jowita and Carlos also did a beautiful rumba.
Tribute to Robin was just joy.
Said it before, say it again for the professional tour Dianne and Neil are needed - they are good ‘hosts’ and don’t take themselves seriously what so ever.
I’m not sure this year if it flowed as well as last year it felt a bit rushed and a tad bitty at times, not sure if that is a consequence of perhaps not having a huge amount of rehearsal time altogether. Still worth going to see as 2hrs of joy.

Reactions: 14

posy

VIP Member
Gio ought to have turned the comments off the statement. To me keeping the comments on is encouraging negative behaviour towards those that put in the complaint and he knows that. No pros etc will like the statement they can’t as it’s now a legal case against him/bbc.
---
I actually I wonder if Gio gets how serious this is and that the those looking into this will not go by what his fans say about him, just evidence presented to them. Is the evidence he is using to defend himself going to be fan comments from insta?

Last edited:

soccergirl

VIP Member
So obsessed with anti-semitism that she said the Sydney mall attacker was Muslim with zero evidence. Photoshopped a picture of Corbyn at an anti-apartheid protest to call him racist, said she wept with joy when Boris was elected. Has now gone hard right and lost the bap.

Dianne has posed two tour vlogs. She does at least deliver content. The latest one has a nice speech by Michelle who seems very well liked so the rumour of her being an evil diva seems bollocks