Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LowCalCalzoneZone

VIP Member
Never thought I'd see the day when I wasn't annoyed by Stacey Dooley, but she was on BBC breakfast this morning and they asked her about the Gio thing in general terms - she said she didn't know him so couldn't comment but said that it's a slippery when people say they don't believe women from the outset and that she hoped the women involved were being looked after.

Which is a very sensible response. I'm no fan of Gio or Amanda (or Laura) but I'm just still really shocked at how it's all being dismissed out of hand by so many. Just because you don't like someone, doesn't mean they shouldn't be believed

Reactions: 30

soccergirl

VIP Member
I agree that she doesn't seem a particularly easy person to get along or work with. But he's obviously been a dick to more partners than just her. I don't think they'd be investigating if he'd just had one partnership that didn't gel.
I do have to check my internal FR-hater and ask: would the BBC really risk their show for him? If she had crisis meetings every week wouldn't they have done something?
But then two, potentially three other celebs complaining? And the pros very obviously not wanting anything to do with him...

Also: I saw this comment on his post. 😲 This girl, Korina Travis, seems to be a current Burn the Floor pro who is followed by Jowita, Arduino, Lauren and Kai. Shit's getting real: maybe it's all about to come out. Have you come across her @MidCenturyMadOne?

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 29

diamondthunder

VIP Member
I suspect Amanda is a bit on the sensitive side, and that some celebs would have been able to cope with his training style a lot better. But that's still not an excuse. The pro should tailor their teaching to the celeb and anyone who wasn't a narcissistic, arrogant, over-competitive dickhead would have backed off when it was clear it wasn't right for her.

I've said it before, but the show as a whole needs to just take a step back and calm the fuck down, before someone gets properly hurt. Ellie should never have attempted that ridiculous stunt in the showdance, the judges shouldn't have nitpicked Nigel to death and shattered his confidence, and obviously they should have made FR behave himself when Amanda first complained, or swapped him out for Neil or whatever instead of ignoring it until she couldn't take it anymore.

Reactions: 29
Gio ought to have turned the comments off the statement. To me keeping the comments on is encouraging negative behaviour towards those that put in the complaint and he knows that. No pros etc will like the statement they can’t as it’s now a legal case against him/bbc.
Yep, that’s exactly why he’s done it. He’s rallying his flying monkeys because he’s outraged that he’s been called to account

I actually I wonder if Gio gets how serious this is and that the those looking into this will not go by what his fans say about him, just evidence presented to them. Is the evidence he is using to defend himself going to be fan comments from insta?
I’m genuinely undecided as to whether it’s just occurred to him that it has all suddenly got very real and he’s shitting himself, or if he glibly thinks he can charm his way out of it 😐

We’ve seen the video of him shouting about ‘the stupid cow’

We saw how he treated Richie

We saw how detached he was last series, and how he disappeared mid-way through the finals

We’ve seen his multiple problematic partnerships

We saw how almost everyone connected to the show posted supportive messages for Amanda when she left, suggesting that she wasn’t a lazy diva who threw a hissy fit because she fancied him

We see that none of the other pros have anything to do with him most of the time (bar Lauren, who was employed by him)

We heard about his public comment about Krishnan being ‘shit’

But yeah, pulling a faux-naïf ‘gosh, I’m literally so shocked to hear that some people think I’m a bit mean, but it’s only because I care so much’ routine will do the trick. 🙄

Reactions: 25

Geetbo

VIP Member
I’ve no time for Abingdon or Whitmore but it’s obvious to anyone with eyes that Giovanni is a bit of a shit.

Reactions: 24

Geetbo

VIP Member
I couldn’t care less if Gios “member” is like a child’s arm or an acorn, it’s coming fuck all near me. I’d sooner spend a romantic weekend with Neil de Jaunse.

• Haha
Reactions: 23

soccergirl

VIP Member
Honestly there could be a date-stamped video of him punching Amanda in the face then whipping out his member and pissing on her and 5000 Sandras would immediately reply 'To succeed at that level requires a commitment that some people just don't want to give. She probably didn't want to work hard. When I met him he was lovely'

I am not easily shocked, but the internalised misogyny is shocking. He's not gonna shag you (unless you're 25 and busty)

Reactions: 22

UnknownTattler

VIP Member
I'm at pro tour now, it's the interval, and unfortunately I'm close enough to the front to be able to see that caterpillar on Nikita's face. It needs to go 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 22

BDY_97

VIP Member
I hate this new idea that anyone who has feelings or shows emotion about something is automatically called a snowflake 😂 It’s actually pathetic and the funniest part is the people calling them snowflakes are the ones who are actually offended by every little minor thing

Reactions: 21

glasgow27

VIP Member
I saw a few Lakitas on twitter complaining about the dance being sullied by a woman....

Gio has posted this. Comments as expected. Thus far no likes/comments from pros/Rose/others

The guy just doesn't get it. I'm not even gratifying the "I just want them to be the best dancers they can be" shite with a response. He's way too far gone.
---
ETA - F*ck it.

Not even remotely interested in taking accountability for the fact that his teaching methods clearly have not worked for multiple celebs, and that a good teacher should respond to the needs of their student. He's too much of a narcissist to see this, as evidenced by the multiple mentions of "I" and "me" in this statement, it's clearly all about him in his mind.

And no Giovanni, I am not surprised at allegations like this being made. If you'd come across a nicer person over 9 years on the show, then maybe I would be.

Last edited:
Reactions: 20

ChastityDingle

VIP Member
I've said it before, but the show as a whole needs to just take a step back and calm the fuck down, before someone gets properly hurt. Ellie should never have attempted that ridiculous stunt in the showdance, the judges shouldn't have nitpicked Nigel to death and shattered his confidence, and obviously they should have made FR behave himself when Amanda first complained, or swapped him out for Neil or whatever instead of ignoring it until she couldn't take it anymore.
Yes, I have said similar, previously, as have as other posters.
It's a light entertainment show. Nobody should be getting injured either mentally or physically. The producers, the judges and the pros need to learn from the last series in particular.

No more potentially dangerous stunts, no more beating people over the head, by the judges, and most definitely no more ignoring of problematic situations between the celebrities and the pros.

If things were that bad, Gio should have been benched, asap. They could have used an excuse, if necessary, about an injury, replace him, and meanwhile, investigate properly. Not let a situation get as bad as is being described.

fluffycow172

Reading the article he is taking a 3 week break to consider his decision so I guess no announcement until he is back. The article actually reads as if he is bored of strictly can’t be arsed with it and has had a better offer that will pay the bills until his tour next year.
He thinks he’s bigger than the show and has done for many years (although always came across arrogant to me even before that). Last year he missed some of the pro rehearsals/pre records to go film his show with anton and said something along the lines of it doesn’t matter cause they’re the part everyone skips anyway. Arrogant prick I’ll be glad to see the back of him as I’m sure most of his colleagues will be too.

Rose hasn't liked any of his posts since Amanda-gate. She could easily have dropped him a nice comment. At the very least, she just doesn't want to be involved.

There's been a leak from Amanda's side. Apparently he deliberately stamped on her foot, reduced her to tears regularly, was 'abrasive', there were crisis talks every week, but nothing changed. And he had to talk to a workplace counseller when she left.
If any of this is true the show massively fucked up by indulging him

Fucking hell.

I don’t blame Amanda’s side for dropping a few details. She’s been subject to horrific abuse since she left the show, as is usual for every woman who has the temerity to publicly call out bad male behaviour.

But, you know, there are still idiots asking why Laura, Ranvir, etc., didn’t speak up at the time 🙄

Reactions: 19

soccergirl

VIP Member
There won't be any complaint from Rose. She thinks the sun shines out of his backside.
Rose hasn't liked any of his posts since Amanda-gate. She could easily have dropped him a nice comment. At the very least, she just doesn't want to be involved.

There's been a leak from Amanda's side. Apparently he deliberately stamped on her foot, reduced her to tears regularly, was 'abrasive', there were crisis talks every week, but nothing changed. And he had to talk to a workplace counseller when she left.
If any of this is true the show massively fucked up by indulging him

• Wow
  • Sad

Geetbo

VIP Member
I love how the Beryls on DS are all saying tattle is toxic. This is genuinely the least toxic place I’ve ever seen to discuss strictly. Everyone generally just has a laugh.

UnknownTattler

VIP Member
Tattle is only toxic when your favourite is being criticised :sneaky: I like the way Tattle is used as a measurement scale though, when someone is being slagged off, "it's even worse on Tattle", but when this thread likes someone, "even Tattle like them!" :LOL:
I forgot to mention the Italian section of pro tour that Vito, Graz, Nikita and Luba do, but I did think during it that Gio is not missed.

Reactions: 18

gdw1910

But he'll find that without strictly there will be a big drop off in his audience. Just like Brendan did.
I think this too. He as all these ‘projects’ lined up, but what I think Brendan, AJ, and now Gio don’t realise is that although Strictly may not be the best paid job money wise (for the hours they put in) the exposure is invaluable. Good luck trying to sell a tour if people aren’t seeing you every Saturday night!

Reactions: 18