Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #30

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think she’s quite funny and has a cheeky side. But young women often struggle to connect with the public (think Maisie) so tbh she’s done amazingly.
Anyway, let us enjoy this classic piece of television. The background reactions! The WTF expressions! Vito pretending he has a clue what’s going on!

Neil is enjoying that far more than any person ever should!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
CaughtThe pro insight with Gorka, Karen and Luba really highlighted how little Karen has respect for the show/celeb...its just a job to her.
She shows disdain for ballroom- me no like.

Janette's walk down into show each time irritates me, it's just so "I love myself alot".

On the positive - Layton & Nikita, just brilliant, I'd rather a whole ITT of them talking.
NEIL! I'm pleased for his joint leadership with Nadiya. And he was funny!

Reactions: 7
Genuine question - not being aggy, but what amount of experience do people think would be the bar for someone not being able to compete on strictly?

We've had lots of people with experience of some shape or form over the years - westend performers, girl/boy band members, ex stage school, dance trained, etc. Caroline Flack won it despite having been danced trained (albeit not ballroom and Latin, I don't think) but I think the fact she wasn't actively working in a job that involved some form of dancing helpedher.

I don't mind people with experience being in the mix. I'd probably draw the line at someone like Scarlett Moffat who competed as a ballroom dancer in her teens. How much experience does everyone think is too much experience?

As far as I’m aware, the only caveat as far as casting is concerned is that someone mustn’t have had training in ballroom and or Latin, hence the fact that we will never see junior ballroom/Latin champion Ray Quinn on the show.

There was a rumour that Jill Halfpenny had some background in ballroom/Latin competition, but nothing tangible has ever come to light about that.

You watch Layton and Nikita on ITT and feel all warm and fuzzy about Nikita crying at Layton dancing and how much they love each other. Then you go on TikTok and see Nikita taking a run at Layton - this is not the time to risk injury boys!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
You watch Layton and Nikita on ITT and feel all warm and fuzzy about Nikita crying at Layton dancing and how much they love each other. Then you go on TikTok and see Nikita taking a run at Layton - this is not the time to risk injury boys!
Omg that mirror in the background had me so confused 😅 Nikita runs like my toddler 🤣🤣

• Haha
They're really trying to promote Annabel's improvement implying that going from a 4 to a 10 (from different judges nonetheless) in 2 months is unprecedented. BS.
It would have been much more honest to compare their first weeks score to last week
considering in week 1 Layton and Ellie got 29, Bobby 28, Annabel 27 so they were all pretty close in scores. With Layton, Ellie and Annabel all getting a 7 from Craig and Bobby got a 6.

Reactions: 3
CaughtThe pro insight with Gorka, Karen and Luba really highlighted how little Karen has respect for the show/celeb...its just a job to her.
She shows disdain for ballroom- me no like.

Janette's walk down into show each time irritates me, it's just so "I love myself alot".

On the positive - Layton & Nikita, just brilliant, I'd rather a whole ITT of them talking.
NEIL! I'm pleased for his joint leadership with Nadiya. And he was funny!
Which pros haven’t appeared on the challenge yet? I know kai and gio dodged it again. Has Jowita appeared yet?

Reactions: 1
Jay and Aliona at least had it pretty regularly
Believe it or not even Anton du Beke was a victim of long lens when he partnered Kate Garraway. They sued and she got a big payout from the Mirror (she was married)

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 12
I hadn't watched last Thursday's ITT and wanted to see Johannes and Gorka in the pro challenge, so watched it tonight.

Nigel and Katya aww, looking great in their training.
I bet their dance was going to be fantastic, what a shame that their time in Strictly ended like it did.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.