Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #30

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hopefully the judges will continue their habit of over marking a couples choice to boost Ellie up the leaderboard, my concern is her dances could be forgettable compared to Laytons and even Bobbys which might impact her vote

Annabel surely has to be in the dance off but given the amount of support she has she may well sail through

She’s boring but I would much prefer her in the final to Bobby
---
Genuine question- what happens if this happens 😂 (second number from public vote)

Layton 4 + 1 = 5
Bobby 3 + 2 = 5
Ellie 2 + 3 = 5
Annabel 1 + 4 = 5

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Hopefully the judges will continue their habit of over marking a couples choice to boost Ellie up the leaderboard, my concern is her dances could be forgettable compared to Laytons and even Bobbys which might impact her vote

Annabel surely has to be in the dance off but given the amount of support she has she may well sail through

---
Genuine question- what happens if this happens 😂 (second number from public vote)

Layton 4 + 1 = 5
Bobby 3 + 2 = 5
Ellie 2 + 3 = 5
Annabel 1 + 4 = 5
Public vote wins out, so Layton and Bobby in the bottom two

• Heart
Reactions: 3

---

Layton 4 + 1 = 5
Bobby 3 + 2 = 5
Ellie 2 + 3 = 5
Annabel 1 + 4 = 5
The bottom 2 would be Lauyton and Bobby because they came bottom of public votes

Reactions: 2
I’m hoping for a Bobby/Annabel dance-off -
Layton 4 + 1 = 5
Ellie 3 + 4 = 7
Bobby 2 + 2 = 4
Annabel 1 + 3 = 4

Reactions: 5
Ooooh in all my years of watching strictly I never knew that the public vote would be the decider! You learn something new everyday (personally I was hoping for another Tom Chambers chaos)

Which is why everyone saying they're not going to vote for Layton if he's top of the leaderboard 'just to get Bobby out' worried me - he still needs as much public vote as possible to avoid the DO.

Reactions: 8
I’m giving all my votes to Layton, regardless of where he is on the leaderboard.
I want him to go straight through to the final, along with Ellie.
I hope the DO will be between Bobby and Annabel.

Reactions: 18
I will be voting Layton. I think Ellie will be fine. As long Layton and Ellie make the final - I don’t care out of Annabel or Bobby which one goes through.

Reactions: 14
When it is a two dance week, the couples in the DO choose which routine to do. Usually the highest scoring, but not always.
Who was it who said years ago that it was best to concentrate on one of the dances and make it really good, rather than produce two good but not great routines?

When it is a two dance week, the couples in the DO choose which routine to do. Usually the highest scoring, but not always.
Who was it who said years ago that it was best to concentrate on one of the dances and make it really good, rather than produce two good but not great routines?
There have been a few occasions when the contestant has chosen their lower-scoring dance but not many. I imagine Annabel will pin everything on her VW, though Bobby might be equally ok with his dances.

Last year Fleur's Charleston was up against Will's CC - she had got 39, he got 38. His problem was that his other dance, the paso, was tit (#tinycape) so he had to go with the (overmarked and tit) CC. With any other dance he'd definitely have knocked Fleur out.

Last edited:
Was it Kevin Cliffton on his podcast? I'm sure Gio has mentioned similar. Because of costuming I think they might have to choose the dance in advance too, I can't remember who it was but they ended up doing their lower scoring dance.
That's a good tactic to give more time to one dance over the other if you have someone who is significantly better in one discipline than the others but Layton and Ellie are good all rounders so it would feel a disservice to them to take that approach.

Last year Fleur's Charleston was up against Will's CC - she had got 39, he got 38. His problem was that his other dance, the paso, was tit (#tinycape) so he had to go with the (overmarked and tit) CC. With any other dance he'd definitely have knocked Fleur out.
I just went on YouTube to watch this paso. I don’t know what made me laugh more the tiny cape or the fact that ‘Will Mellor Daddy’s ok’ came up as a suggested search 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Brendan. When Lisa robbed Austin it was because they had basically ignored the jive (scored 33) in favour of the nice Waltz (scored 39). Austin and Erin split the time between the AS (34) and salsa (36j. Nothing Austin had could beat a 39 waltz so he did a salsa and Erin’s hair extensions fell out and she manifested The Island.
(I will let it go at some point).

• Haha
  • Sad
From this tiktok I’m hopeful that if they make the final we will see the AT and quickstep again.

Reactions: 7
I don't really think there's much if any risk of Ellie ending up in the dance-off. Her dance choices this week aren't the greatest, but at this stage I can't see it being enough to majorly affect her vote. And even if her dances aren't the highest scorers, I still can't see her ending up below Annabel.

They usually overscore Bobby, so I am a little worried he could get ahead of her seeing as he has better dance choices, but I'm still not worried for Ellie in that situation, it would just put Layton in the dance-off instead.

I think sadly it's a given that Layton will be bottom of the public vote, if dave's poll is at all accurate. If they didn't get ahead of Bobby last week, there's no way it's ever going to happen. I'm pretty sure the only way he can avoid the bottom two is if both the leaderboard and expected vote remains the same as last week. Or the unlikely chance that he does have a larger contingent of voters who don't participate in the online polls.

Still keeping my fingers crossed that there's a decent chance of this outcome, but of course all it takes is one tie to ruin it.

Layton - 4 + 1 = 5
Ellie - 3 + 4 = 7
Bobby - 2 + 2 = 4
Annabel - 1 + 3 = 4

I think even if Annabel is bottom of the leaderboard, she'll probably beat Bobby in the dance-off. If we assume she does very well with her Viennese Waltz as she already scored fairly highly with a VW based AS, and it's her Salsa that puts her at the bottom of the leaderboard, she'd still have a good chance of beating Bobby, as I can't see him being particularly great at either Paso or Quickstep, especially with half the time to learn them. I really couldn't care less which of them are in the final, they're both boring.

Seeing the clip from Layton and Nikita's dance from Saturday night, on ITT last night, oh my goodness. I have to go off and watch the whole thing again. It was smokin' 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Because of costuming I think they might have to choose the dance in advance too, I can't remember who it was but they ended up doing their lower scoring dance.

I can’t see why - they’ve got as long as they need to get ready for the dance off while the voting is still open, the judges bits are filmed, etc.

They’re not on a strict deadline; they don’t have to start filming the results show segments involving the couples until everyone is changed and ready.

Reactions: 1
From this tiktok I’m hopeful that if they make the final we will see the AT and quickstep again.
I know it's just for TikTok but I'm surprised Nikita is using Abby Lee Miller impressions, EVERY pro dancer I've came across hates her guts.

Reactions: 1
I just went on YouTube to watch this paso. I don’t know what made me laugh more the tiny cape or the fact that ‘Will Mellor Daddy’s ok’ came up as a suggested search 😂
I've just watched it and...it's not that bad? Not the Dance Disahaster I've been expecting from the comments on here anyway 😂

Tbh, I thought the worst part wasn't the cape but the way he minced over to Nancy in his mesh shirt like he was in a Right Said Fred video 😂

• Haha
The good news is that Bobby is favourite for elimination, then Annabel.

OMG I just rewatched Tiny Cape in its entirety for the first time. The worst thing is actually his Paso Face - pursed lips like a cat's bum, which combined with the aforementioned mincing, the Boden waistcoat, and total lack of any paso shaping creates a deeply unfortunate effect.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.