Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Woolmercardington

VIP Member
Aw, was listening to a podcast earlier, and the guest mentioned he'd written a play that, our first boot, Les Dennis had a role in a few years ago. He said Les was literally the nicest man he'd ever met in his entire life. Another guest agreed, he was indeed, the nicest man he'd ever met also.

I then came across these tweets Les made. What a top bloke 🥰

Screenshot_20231205_170150_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20231205_170925_Chrome.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 52

LowCalCalzoneZone

VIP Member
I'm sure Jowita's caption is perfectly innocent, but I'm totally reading it as a reference to Dianne's comments last night 😆

1000005302.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46

Willow9999

Dianne bigging herself up. Shame all of the pro men made it to the final without being able to lift their partner
She must certainly wouldn’t have been if our Nige was still standing and not off his nut on painkillers. The difference in choreography, partnering and pure ability between her and Katya is night and day. Not be mention humility.

• Heart
Reactions: 39

Willow9999

I’m sure Juliet was there and said that Nigel just walked over to his family and friends who were next to the floor - no storming off. She was sat behind them, so saw it all.
I was there too. ( I will stop mentioning this I promise!) and there was no storming off. He’d been goofing about with other pros and celebs. He was shaken by the criticism certainly which seemed so unnecessarily harsh on a night when it was all aren’t we having a lovely time in Blackpool. Definitely no storming off or diva antics

• Heart
Reactions: 39

ChastityDingle

VIP Member
If they go out of the competition on Saturday night, the place will have to be evacuated due to flooding - Dianne's tears. Bobby will have to carry her off the floor still sobbing...while the pros look on, thinking oh no, we couldn't possibly lift her.
🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 34

Willow9999

This will probably be the one and only time I big up Neil but Amy gave a lovely insight into him on her Insta stories. As part of her treatment she has to inject herself in her stomach. I had to do the same with a different drug and it’s bloody awful. I couldn’t do it so roped the poor husband in. She was struggling with it when at the Strictly show/ studios and she thanked Neil for helping her out. Sounds like he maybe did it for her? If so massive respect to him. I’m sure he’ll be back to be a cling film twat in no time and normal service can resume.

• Heart
Reactions: 33

MeghanSnarkle

VIP Member
I just love how Nigel has been apparently outed as difficult and described as things like 'a gay and diva' in the last 48hrs on top of Layton being called difficult, can't take direction and called out as a 'gay diva' for the whole of the series.

Nigel openly calling men handsome and liking musical theatre.
Layton's boyfriend needing to named and 'shamed' publicly.

Seriously these are the sticks being used to bash people and then shared around.

Those two gorgeous confident men can hold their heads high imo .

• Heart
Reactions: 32

Honeystar

VIP Member
Random but I was reading an article about how Kate Middleton took the kids to the studio rehearsals on Friday and they got to watch and “score” Nigel and Katya which means Charlotte and Louis are the only ones who have seen that Charleston and tbh they may have palaces and Crown Jewels at their disposal but I’m now eternally jealous of that….

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 30

MeghanSnarkle

VIP Member
I feel like Nigel and Layton will either need a long holiday or a lot of therapy after all this ends, the amount of shit on and off screen those two genuinely nice blokes have had to put up with .

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 30

ChastityDingle

VIP Member
Just going back to the chat between Karen, Gorka and Luba, on ITT, it was very interesting. I love hearing little insights into the world of the pros.

Nikita Kanda came across as a lovely lass. She wasn't a dancer, although I enjoyed their performances. They were upbeat and fun. She was really sad to leave. To me, that says Gorka did his job properly. He knew he didn't have a finalist by any means but he made the Strictly experience a good one for his partner. That's what the pros work is all about.

Luba did likewise. Put her heart and soul into working with Adam - who worked his socks off - despite an ongoing health issue, and having to keep the day job going. They put in some very nice performances. Again, a pro, working hard to make it a good experience for their partner.

Karen let Eddie down, imo. She said it all when she said to the others that she USED to do the things that were talking about. Maybe time to hang up her dancing shoes.

Reactions: 29

Fillyjonk

VIP Member
The need to have to prove it though or getting her boyfriend in on it
Its all a bit lame .
Imagine if Katya had spent so much time defending herself and Nigel's mistakes, popping up all over Facebook groups and comment threads unwarranted. She never would because Katya understands the boundaries of her job.

Dianne needs a talking to about her behaviour - it's making her look unprofessional and even Bobby looks embarrassed.

• Heart
Reactions: 28

jfletcher

VIP Member
Dianne bigging herself up. Shame all of the pro men made it to the final without being able to lift their partner
Who needs enemies when you can have a friend and colleague like Dianne? We’ll never know but I’m pretty confident that if the shoe was on the other foot and it had been Bobby injured, Katya would never be so tactless as to brag like that especially when that achievement wasn’t earned on merit but rather misfortune.

Dianne could have said something about being sad Katya was out and how they’d been so excited to be the last two female pros left and how she’s going to go out there this week to do it for all the female pros but instead she showed no empathy and centred herself. It was the same with her lift comment. She could have bigged Bobby up by saying she felt as safe doing that lift with him as with any of the male pros - a blatant lie but a thing all the pros say - but instead she insulted the male professionals by saying she didn’t trust them. I’d be bringing that up in every pro dance from now on if I was Gorka.

I actually used to quite like Dianne in her first couple of seasons until the mess with Dev’s exit. She’s further proof that no good comes from someone becoming an influencer and the impact the Suggs have had on her doesn’t seem to be a positive one unfortunately.

jfletcher

VIP Member
Every so often, a Strictly partnership comes along that truly feels like a partnership rather than just a student and teacher. I felt that with Danny and Oti and I felt it with Nigel and Katya. They were a little bit of magic ❤

And Nigel getting teary and talking about not being able to imagine having done the show with anybody else was so lovely. Often I feel like the “friends for life” comment is an empty platitude but you get the feeling that Nigel and Katya will stay in each other’s lives in one way or another for a long time to come.

• Heart