Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #30

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The bloody DM long lens again - the show needs to really do something about this..

Have to say though, my interest was piqued at the sentence: ' Vito was even snapped whipping off his shirt as things became more intense during the saucy session', but it looks like he just took off a t-shirt and had his vest on! was hoping for him to whip off his shirt during the Dua Lipa medley!

Whilst the long lens seems intrusive as it is always seems to be the photographer that the pros seem friendly with - I don’t think they care and I don’t think Strictly cares about this type of article as it gives them some publicity. It’s just the usual rubbish from the daily fail saying a couple look cosy when all they are doing in rehearsing a dance.

Reactions: 7
I'm pretty sure that this is the first year we've had those kind of pics, nearly all the contestants have had them now. The show must be ok with it as that pap Curley is the one taking them and he's always outside the studios/rehearsal rooms. The show could easily ban him but they must feel it's all good publicity even if it's voyeuristic and creepy.
Jay and Aliona at least had it pretty regularly

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Jay and Aliona at least had it pretty regularly
Ooh I never saw that at the time - just as well as I'd have become a full-on Jaliona shipper! It's a bit different though as they are clearly not rehearsing, so there is some curiosity value to seeing them dance flirtatiously at a party, and be clearly into each other, as opposing to rehearsing a 'steamy' routine.

This picture was when he was in character as Dennis in Eastenders, one of his earlier episodes.

Thanks for looking for the picture and posting, any picture of Mr Harman is welcomed.

When you said 'lifting', I was totally shook thinking that I had no recollection of this, which is quite absurd as I almost know every picture shoot he has done. 😁

The attitude mag had black and white pictures. I did a bit of a search and found them.

s-l1600.jpg (1131×1600) (ebayimg.com)

Nigel-Harman-Attitude-Gay-Magazine-Feature-Interview-September.webp (640×480) (picclickimg.com)

Barely looks much older now apart from the hair colour, still as lovely as ever.
Gosh. Thanks for those!

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Ooh I never saw that at the time - just as well as I'd have become a full-on Jaliona shipper! It's a bit different though as they are clearly not rehearsing, so there is some curiosity value to seeing them dance flirtatiously at a party, and be clearly into each other, as opposing to rehearsing a 'steamy' routine.
The had the rehearsal ones as well, as well as well as waiting at bus stops and walking down the street (when Aliona’s husband was actually cropped out the shot).

Reactions: 3
All those comments from people on X and insta etc saying Layton’s wasn’t a paso ought to watch the dance with no sound - it’s 100% a paso.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I'm looking forward to his Rumba that isn't a Rumba and his Charleston that isn't a Charleston.

I'm sure the true experts, Brenda from Blackpool and Keith from Milton Keynes, will only be to happy to point out that he's far too much of a professional to be on the show, while also simultaneously declaring him as shite.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I'm looking forward to his Rumba that isn't a Rumba and his Charleston that isn't a Charleston.

I'm sure the true experts, Brenda from Blackpool and Keith from Milton Keynes, will only be to happy to point out that he's far too much of a professional to be on the show, while also simultaneously declaring him as shite.
He could do the Cha Cha Slide word perfect and somebody would say it wasn't the Cha Cha Slide.

All those comments from people on X and insta etc saying Layton’s wasn’t a paso ought to watch the dance with no sound - it’s 100% a paso.
Sadly I think we know that most of the people judging are not looking at the dance. Their issue is with who Layton is and I don’t think there is anything he can do to change their opinions. He’s damned whatever he does so he should just continue as he is - working hard and delivering amazing performances.

Reactions: 14
I will admit that at the start I was very much in the Layton shouldn’t be on the show camp but wow has he won me over.

I’ve been team Ellie since week 1 but do feel the last couple of weeks I’ve been a bit bored by her and I’m not inspired by her semi final dances at all, whereas I am becoming more obsessed with Layton each week

I wonder if more people are in the same boat as me, I’m starting to wonder if we might see a last minute surge up the votes for Layton making him the winner

I will admit that at the start I was very much in the Layton shouldn’t be on the show camp but wow has he won me over.

I’ve been team Ellie since week 1 but do feel the last couple of weeks I’ve been a bit bored by her and I’m not inspired by her semi final dances at all, whereas I am becoming more obsessed with Layton each week

I wonder if more people are in the same boat as me, I’m starting to wonder if we might see a last minute surge up the votes for Layton making him the winner
I've seen a rise in comments, not just on here and lots of people do seem to be getting on the Layton train.

I still don't think it will be enough for him to win but I can't help thinking Ellie's win will be from people who don't want Layton to win rather than people who actually think she should win.

Reactions: 6
I like Ellie and think she is a good dancer but do find her quite bland. I think she is very good at being smiley and cheerful but don’t get a sense of emotional connection. I wonder if the weird waffly bollocks from Vito is an attempt to make them appear more interesting and engaging.

I've seen a rise in comments, not just on here and lots of people do seem to be getting on the Layton train.

I still don't think it will be enough for him to win but I can't help thinking Ellie's win will be from people who don't want Layton to win rather than people who actually think she should win.
I think that’s a bit harsh. There’s always going to be a lot of people who dislike ringers, even Danny Mac. The trolling aside, Layton has actually done a lot better than other perceived ringers like Ashley. Even Fleur last year, who had much less experience, hit four dance-offs! I love Layton but I have to say I’m not that surprised by his (brilliant) performances just because of the extent of his experience. Whereas with Ellie, even if she had some training when she was younger, I feel like I’m seeing someone grow into her love of dancing and surprise herself, and I know other people IRL who say the same.
Other people’s mileage might vary (and do, clearly! Here and on DS Layton is by far the most popular and Ellie is despised on DS).

• Heart
I think that’s a bit harsh. There’s always going to be a lot of people who dislike ringers, even Danny Mac. The trolling aside, Layton has actually done a lot better than other perceived ringers like Ashley. Even Fleur last year, who had much less experience, hit four dance-offs! I love Layton but I have to say I’m not that surprised by his (brilliant) performances just because of the extent of his experience. Whereas with Ellie, even if she had some training when she was younger, I feel like I’m seeing someone grow into her love of dancing and surprise herself, and I know other people IRL who say the same.
Other people’s mileage might vary (and do, clearly! Here and on DS Layton is by far the most popular and Ellie is despised on DS).
I find that a bit surprising. What on earth is their problem with her?

Reactions: 7
That's fair enough. I wasn't trying to be harsh, I do like Ellie and she's come a long way since her iconic "Oh no!" about doing the jive as her first dance.

I have to say, I'm really not seeing that Ellie is despised on DS. She's always first or second in the "who's your favourite" polls. Can't imagine what there even is to dislike about her unless it's simply her being a young female soop star dancing with an Italian pro making them a threat to Saint Rose and the blessed Giofanny.

Reactions: 8
I find that a bit surprising. What on earth is their problem with her?
Boring, bland, smug, falsely modest, Poundshop Georgia May Foote. And a lot of them hate Vito (some Gio fans). And a lot of Layton and Nigel fans who feel a bit aggrieved at her (to them, inexplicable, popularity).
yeah there are clearly silent Ellie fans on DS but the comments are harsh. Someone said recently that basically only homophobes wanted Ellie to win! Whereas some of us enjoy their partnership and lust after Vito!
(Also imagine FR’s face if Vito wins!)

FTR, I'd be pleased for Layton if he won but the likelihood is that it’ll be Annabel if it’s not Ellie (provided she survives Sat).

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Yeah they are really relying on his personality. Which is a shame because she is a lovely girl and very talented. She hasn't got the Rizz, to use the word of the year.

Boring, bland, smug, falsely modest, Poundshop Georgia May Foote. And a lot of them hate Vito (some Gio fans). And a lot of Layton and Nigel fans who feel a bit aggrieved at her (to them, inexplicable, popularity).
yeah there are clearly silent Ellie fans on DS but the comments are harsh. Someone said recently that basically only homophobes wanted Ellie to win! Whereas some of us enjoy their partnership and lust after Vito!
(Also imagine FR’s face if Vito wins!)

FTR, I'd be pleased for Layton if he won but the likelihood is that it’ll be Annabel if it’s not Ellie (provided she survives Sat).
Ah OK. So they’re barmy then.
For me it’s either Layton or Ellie. I don’t actually mind either way. I think they’re both great and a Vito or Nikita win would be lovely.
I can’t bear the idea of Bobby winning. Firstly because of Dianne, but mostly because his ballroom bores me and his Latin repulses me.
Much as I love Johannes, and much as I’d like him to win at some point, Annabel does absolutely nothing for me. I find her popularity utterly baffling.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Yeah they are really relying on his personality. Which is a shame because she is a lovely girl and very talented. She hasn't got the Rizz, to use the word of the year.
I think she’s quite funny and has a cheeky side. But young women often struggle to connect with the public (think Maisie) so tbh she’s done amazingly.
Anyway, let us enjoy this classic piece of television. The background reactions! The WTF expressions! Vito pretending he has a clue what’s going on!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
I’m never bothered by those that have dance experience as long as they don’t have an extensive background in ballroom/latin. Whilst it does give you an advantage at the start, once say someone like Ellie who I think is a natural dancer - has natural rhythm etc and has got the basics it’s pretty much a level playing field after a month or so. I am not trying to take anything away of Ellie - she is fantastic, with an excellent work ethic and clearly loving learning to dance. Ellie and Layton to me are both deserving of the lifting the glitter ball.

Layton and Ellie to me are pretty much equal now technique wise, yes perhaps Layton has the advantage of doing some tricks - Ellie can also do these as her Charleston proved. For me what separates them now is the choreography and I love Nikita’s choreography for Layton, I also enjoyed what he did with Ellie S. Vito is also an excellent choreographer, I just prefer Nikita’s.

Different genres of dance have such different techniques and you have to unlearn.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.