Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #30

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This would be taken as further truth that Layton is a professional dancer. Look he has been teaching dance since he was a child! Burn him at the stake! 🔥🔥🔥
I saw some bleeping clown on twitter carrying on that Layton's better than Nikita and 'that's no surprise because he's been a professional dancer for longer than Nikita has.' It literally takes 10 seconds to google that Nikita started training when he was 4, and Layton when he was 10. Also, y'know, the part where none of Layton's training was in Ballroom or Latin. :rolleyes: These people are willfully stupid.

Reactions: 15
I saw some bleeping clown on twitter carrying on that Layton's better than Nikita and 'that's no surprise because he's been a professional dancer for longer than Nikita has.' It literally takes 10 seconds to google that Nikita started training when he was 4, and Layton when he was 10. Also, y'know, the part where none of Layton's training was in Ballroom or Latin. :rolleyes: These people are willfully stupid.
Or that Nikita is dancing below 100% to, y’know, let his celeb shine.

Reactions: 14
Or that Nikita is dancing below 100% to, y’know, let his celeb shine.
I cannot get over the ludicrous number of comments I've seen about 'feeling sorry for Nikita' because 'Layton's always trying to show off and outdance him.' It's literally his job to centre his celeb and make them shine! What the duck?!

Reactions: 21
I cannot get over the ludicrous number of comments I've seen about 'feeling sorry for Nikita' because 'Layton's always trying to show off and outdance him.' It's literally his job to centre his celeb and make them shine! What the duck?!
Yeah that's the whole point... all the pros know they are good, they should be confident enough to encourage their celebrity to outshine them!! This whole experience is meant to be about instilling a love of dance in a celebrity, the celebrity learning something new and falling in love with dance!! It's not really about the pros ego... Sorry Dianne!!! (I know she's going through a lot and I'm really trying not to get annoyed at her again but she is making it hard with her carry on 🙃).

Also, I had a glance at the replies to James Jordan's twitter comment on the Paso (which was that it was full of proper Paso content and 100% deserved a perfect score) and the majority of them are randos declaring that they didn't see any Paso in it.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Also, I had a glance at the replies to James Jordan's twitter comment on the Paso (which was that it was full of proper Paso content and 100% deserved a perfect score) and the majority of them are randos declaring that they didn't see any Paso in it.

That Paso was near perfection, I loved it!! It was all Paso!!

Reactions: 10
That Paso was near perfection, I loved it!! It was all Paso!!
Ikr, there is literally no way anyone could not recognise it as a Paso, these people are straight-up lying to have a socially acceptable reason to attack him.

My dad doesn't care about dancing, pays duck all attention to the show and was talking about something else through the VT, even he immediately went 'Paso Doble' and correctly guessed who was the celeb and who was the pro by halfway through the dance.

But, y'know, it wasn't a Paso Doble and Layton's better than Nikita, right? :rolleyes:

• Heart
So many armchair choreographers throwing around "Layton does a showdance every week" when they don't understand that Nikita packs the routines with technique and then adds something spicy for extra. What they're basically saying that they find L&N's routines more challenging and spectacular than the other couples, so crack on boys.

Because they all know better than the professional dancers….

Reactions: 4
So many armchair choreographers throwing around "Layton does a showdance every week" when they don't understand that Nikita packs the routines with technique and then adds something spicy for extra. What they're basically saying that they find L&N's routines more challenging and spectacular than the other couples, so crack on boys.
Yeah, honestly so sick of people pretending like a high kick or a couple of extra spins that last like 5-10 seconds somehow erases the entire rest of the routine. Funny how the cartwheel in Annabel's Jive didn't mean she'd magically done no Jive steps.

There was one particular comment on DS that made me laugh. In week 7, someone complained about Layton going another week without a ballroom dance, and was informed he'd done a Tango literally the week before. They then said they hadn't watched it, just seen a gif of the backflip on twitter. I mean, to give them credit at least they admitted somewhat graciously they were wrong to complain that he'd gone weeks and weeks without having to do a ballroom, but like lmao, what did they think he'd done the previous week? Backflip continuously for 90 seconds?

• Haha
I look forward every week to seeing the two guys. They are just amazing together.

The sparkle is a bit dimmed for me now with Nigel and Katya gone so abruptly but I still want to see what Layton and Nikita do.

Other than that, I like Ellie and Vito. I would like either Layton or Ellie to win.

Bobby now comes across better than Dianne. Annabel, I forget to watch her because I love watching Johannes.

Reactions: 13
The bloody DM long lens again - the show needs to really do something about this..

Have to say though, my interest was piqued at the sentence: ' Vito was even snapped whipping off his shirt as things became more intense during the saucy session', but it looks like he just took off a t-shirt and had his vest on! was hoping for him to whip off his shirt during the Dua Lipa medley!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
I look forward every week to seeing the two guys. They are just amazing together.

The sparkle is a bit dimmed for me now with Nigel and Katya gone so abruptly but I still want to see what Layton and Nikita do.

Other than that, I like Ellie and Vito. I would like either Layton or Ellie to win.

Bobby now comes across better than Dianne. Annabel, I forget to watch her because I love watching Johannes.
Funny, I do find myself watching Johanna's not Annabel too!!

Reactions: 4
The bloody DM long lens again - the show needs to really do something about this..

Have to say though, my interest was piqued at the sentence: ' Vito was even snapped whipping off his shirt as things became more intense during the saucy session', but it looks like he just took off a t-shirt and had his vest on! was hoping for him to whip off his shirt during the Dua Lipa medley!

Ellie and Vito should put on a display, like Chandler and Monica when Phoebe saw them 🤣

16A9F907-4AFA-4716-921A-D571D3BD593F.gif

• Haha

They look like they could be waiting for a bus in the first picture, hardly that cosy! Plus is it news, Vito gets warm and takes off a layer of clothing?

These training rooms need to invest in some blinds.

Reactions: 5
They look like they could be waiting for a bus in the first picture, hardly that cosy! Plus is it news, Vito gets warm and takes off a layer of clothing?

These training rooms need to invest in some blinds.
I'm pretty sure that this is the first year we've had those kind of pics, nearly all the contestants have had them now. The show must be ok with it as that pap Curley is the one taking them and he's always outside the studios/rehearsal rooms. The show could easily ban him but they must feel it's all good publicity even if it's voyeuristic and creepy.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.