Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #30

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yassss, Layton and Nikita going old school for the Charleston! Exactly what I wanted.

As for Ellie's Dua Lipa medley... Oh dear.

Yes I'm super excited for the Charleston now, that music is a PROPER Charleston choice, they can get goofy and fun with it- I hope they pull out all the stops with it. Costume wise maybe something like the movie? Matching suits?

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I think Layton and Nikita's music choices are both great. I will no doubt cry.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I think Ellie must be way ahead with the public vote if they have given her a cha cha cha and then the Dua Lipa medley for couples choice. Hopefully she will smash them both.

Reactions: 6
Run Boy Run is a great tune for a paso tbf.

Hopefully Tryanne won't take it literally.

7tNoz.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Ellie has been done over quite a bit with music and themes this year but Vito has always come through for her with the choreography

I am fuming that she’s got those 2 in the semi final, especially compared to the showstoppers they’ve given Layton and even Bobby

It's a real shame Ellie couldn't have something elegant and soft for contrast. I think people will vote for her regardless, but her two dances are just not exciting on paper.

I’m in a training session on teams this morning and look who we were just showed a video of 😳 I can’t escape from his face!
IMG_6736.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Do feel like Ellie has been a bit fucked over with this dance/music combo but hopefully she’s popular enough still for it not to matter

Ellie has been done over quite a bit with music and themes this year but Vito has always come through for her with the choreography

I am fuming that she’s got those 2 in the semi final, especially compared to the showstoppers they’ve given Layton and even Bobby
I think this shows that Ellie is miles ahead in the public vote. Also Vito is a very good choreographer so I think they will nail both dances.

Reactions: 5
What a naff song for Layton's Rumba. Lift Me Up is a dirge, easily the worst thing Rihanna's ever done.

Run Boy Run has been used at least once before for a paso (Chris Ramsey). I wish somebody on the music team would get some imagination!!

Gene Kelly & Donald O'Connor for L&K is just perfect, though. Bet he won't get Gene's widow flown in though!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Eek I'm worried about Ellie those are two bad draws! I'm trying to hold onto Vito managing to produce a good paso from a dance song but he doesn't get to choreo the CC.

Reactions: 3
I wonder if Ellie’s couples choice will be a similar style to the dance the pros did for hotter than hell?

Reactions: 3
Eek I'm worried about Ellie those are two bad draws! I'm trying to hold onto Vito managing to produce a good paso from a dance song but he doesn't get to choreo the CC.
Honestly I think Ellie is the one contestant guaranteed a place in the final. She has been consistently good the whole way through and is very popular.

I think this shows that Ellie is miles ahead in the public vote. Also Vito is a very good choreographer so I think they will nail both dances.
Ellie Leach – Couple's Choice to Dua Lipa Medley and Cha-Cha-Cha to "Mambo Italiano" (Bette Midler)
Layton Williams – Charleston to "Fit As A Fiddle" (Gene Kelly) and Rumba to "Lift Me Up" (Rihanna)
Bobby Brazier – Quickstep to "Mack the Knife" (Bobby Darin) and Paso Doble to "Run Boy Run" (Woodkid)
Annabel Croft – Salsa to You’ll Be Mine (Party Time) by Gloria Estefan and Viennese Waltz Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want by Slow Moving Millie

I'm a bit devvoed at Ellie's CC. With an uptempo CC I was hoping for something contrasting like theatre/jazz. Or at the very least pair a CC with a waltz or Tango. She's been a bit shafted. And Vito won't be choreographing so it will probably be the usual stuff they do for medleys - Fleur and Vito's CC was a real exception.
Layton has a great Charleston track.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.