Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #30

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Gio as a judge. 😮 :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

One end of the judging table we would get the Ooooo, ahhhhh, over here, there, gawwwwjussss.

At the other, luvly jubbly.

Karen Hardy or Erin Boag. Darcy Bussell was so good and fair.

Just get rid of Shirley, far too toxic and like a b**** school headmistress. These are celebs not professionals she is giving critique on, she is not even balanced either, she brings an element of who she prefers as people and that is not what is is all about. She even talks down to the pros, unless it is Gio or Kai. Awful woman and to think our BBC licence fee is paying her ÂŁ500k wages, she ain't worth it. There must be somebody cheaper and far far nicer in personality.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I would prefer Shirley to be the judge to leave. She keeps saying she’s had enough of criticism on SM and wants to move back to America, where her son lives. So I’m not sure what’s keeping her here? Whilst she is undoubtedly a brilliant dancer, who really knows her stuff, I don’t think she is a good judge. She always has her favourites (usually young and male) and she is overly harsh towards those she doesn’t like. I don’t know how she kept a straight face when saying that Bobby deserved a 9 on Saturday for making a good effort with that lift. Any other contestant she would have torn apart, saying ‘we‘re heading into the semi final now, I shouldn’t still be seeing mistakes like that’.

Reactions: 18
Maybe AJ could fill time next week by doing her show dance/beating the shite out of Nadiya.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
After Nigel withdrawing and Im still gutted about that my support will be going to Layton & Nikita so couldnt be happier they are doing Charleston and Rumba. Looking forward to seeing what songs they have.

Really rooting for a Layton, Ellie, Annabel final 3 so even though I like her I want Ellie to be in the bottom 2 because I want Bobby and Dianne out of the competition and I dont want Layton to be in the bottom 2 again.

Reactions: 9
I have wanted Karen Hardy as a judge on Strictly for years.

That would be totally worth it for a) the drinking game you could play to “well, when I won with Ramps …” and variants thereof, and b) hearing her talk about ‘central frugal’ forces in dancing.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I would prefer Shirley to be the judge to leave. She keeps saying she’s had enough of criticism on SM and wants to move back to America, where her son lives. So I’m not sure what’s keeping her here? Whilst she is undoubtedly a brilliant dancer, who really knows her stuff, I don’t think she is a good judge. She always has her favourites (usually young and male) and she is overly harsh towards those she doesn’t like. I don’t know how she kept a straight face when saying that Bobby deserved a 9 on Saturday for making a good effort with that lift. Any other contestant she would have torn apart, saying ‘we‘re heading into the semi final now, I shouldn’t still be seeing mistakes like that’.
Bobby’s dance and comments reminded me of Jason Donovan’s jive … which was a hot mess from start to finish and culminated in random jigging about on one leg until he got back in synch. It has also been bigged up as The Dance Of The Week all week … which also got soft soap, never mind it went a bit wrong but the rest was fabulous (it wasn’t) and scored 2 8’s and 2 9’s. It was like they were marking and commenting on what they expected to see and couldn’t swivel to do it on what was actually in front of them.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Nikita and Layton have really lucked out with their dance draw.

You’d imagine Charleston will be a piece of piss for Layton and all their supporters will be wet as an otters pocket watching them do the Rumba.

• Haha
Is that Mrs Tom? She’s very cute but not who I pictured him with at all. ( Mostly because I thought he was gayer than a maypole)
That’s not a great photo of her! She’s called Zawe Ashton, she’s an actress. I know her from Fresh Meat on C4. I was quite surprised to see them together, I won’t lie!

Reactions: 2
Bobby’s dance and comments reminded me of Jason Donovan’s jive … which was a hot mess from start to finish and culminated in random jigging about on one leg until he got back in synch. It has also been bigged up as The Dance Of The Week all week … which also got soft soap, never mind it went a bit wrong but the rest was fabulous (it wasn’t) and scored 9 8’s and 2 9’s. It was like they were marking and commenting on what they expected to see and couldn’t swivel to do it on what was actually in front of them.
Yes! I wasn't watching back then but when it was posted on a previous thread, I watched with my eyes out on stalks thinking OMG! And not in a good way. 😁 It was awful! And then it got those scores!

Oh so true, so very true. She had her hands high up in the air to clap them, as they finished. I was agog. I dont know why she has been so soft on Bobby while being overly harsh on others, especially Nigel. If he and Katya had done that lift like that - not that they would - Shirley would have torn him apart.

Reactions: 9
Nikita and Layton have really lucked out with their dance draw.

You’d imagine Charleston will be a piece of piss for Layton and all their supporters will be wet as an otters pocket watching them do the Rumba.
No more than Annabel & her 300th VW 😂 I think lucky in terms dances that may suit them but actually, quite a tough draw in terms of learning two dances in a week. They are completely different & both quite technically demanding. Plus inevitably the Facebook Karen’s will have double ammunition of ‘he’s a trained dancer, of course he can Charleston’ and the thinly veiled homophobia will go wild at two men dancing a rumba.

Reactions: 5
That’s not a great photo of her! She’s called Zawe Ashton, she’s an actress. I know her from Fresh Meat on C4. I was quite surprised to see them together, I won’t lie!
I remember a lot of his more.. let's say rabid fans (I am a fan of his but I like to think I'm a bit more sensible, lol) refused to believe they were together, and even when it came out that she was living with him, they decided she was just 'renting a room in his house'. 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Ellie and Dua Lipa remix - it’s going to be a street style dance couple choice isn’t it?

• Sad
  • Sick
Yassss, Layton and Nikita going old school for the Charleston! Exactly what I wanted.

As for Ellie's Dua Lipa medley... Oh dear.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.