Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #30

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t think Craig will actually leave, feel like it was more of a potential scenario and one that won’t actually happen. He would be mental to step back from the main thing that’s giving him a steady income.

Some great songs this week. Layton & Nikita have 2 brilliant ones and I have no doubt we will be seeing them in the final, even if he has to dance off. Annabel will struggle with salsa but I think as long as there’s improvement from her last party latin they will praise it regardless, and her vienesse waltz will be stunning. Bobby also has 2 great songs but they both need a lot of personality and performance which i’m unsure if he can pull off. Hate both of Ellie’s dances and the Dua Lipa medley is criminal, but at this point she could come out, stand still for 2 minutes and still get voted through. I am intrigued to see what style it will be…

Reactions: 11
In case you're wondering what calibre of people are voting for Bobby:

Screenshot_20231205_142811_Facebook.jpg

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
I think this shows that Ellie is miles ahead in the public vote. Also Vito is a very good choreographer so I think they will nail both dances.
What makes you think the music monkeys have access to the secret vote?

Reactions: 2
Wow just wow - why do they even bother to watch Strictly? Please can Layton win so Strictly doesn’t have viewers like that anymore.
They all say they won't watch any more if he wins so 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

The press have named Laytons boyfriend today. When he ‘hard launched’ last week he deliberately didn’t name him. That’s not on, he hasn’t chosen to be in the public eye.

• Angry
Reactions: 15
Yassss, Layton and Nikita going old school for the Charleston! Exactly what I wanted.

As for Ellie's Dua Lipa medley... Oh dear.
Yay!! I'm so happy about this!! Really looking forward to Saturday now!
---
The press have named Laytons boyfriend today. When he ‘hard launched’ last week he deliberately didn’t name him. That’s not on, he hasn’t chosen to be in the public eye.
I just don't understand the rags at all, there is so much they could be reporting on and they choose this type of shite!? Must be depressing as duck working for one.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
This just popped up on Facebook as a suggested post, and the comments are really quite something - people arguing with each other because some people misinterpreted "back for the final" to mean "allowed to continue competing", some people insisting he's definitely a diva and wasn't just upset because there were sources that said so, as though they'd heard from the sources personally, and one woman who says it's not Nigel who's the diva, it's "Leyton" because "he loves hisself". Christ on a bike!

Screenshot_2023-12-05-15-32-47-060_com.facebook.katana.jpg

Reactions: 7
Yay!! I'm so happy about this!! Really looking forward to Saturday now!
---

I just don't understand the rags at all, there is so much they could be reporting on and they choose this type of shite!? Must be depressing as duck working for one.
I mean gosh, what a story that is … person has partner.
Hold the front page

Reactions: 6
That's got to be a spoof comment, surely?!! If not it's alarming 😳 it's one step short of "RIP ur wiv da angles now"
I don’t doubt it’s real sadly. The fail have used a photo of him all in pink wearing make up from their AS week as the top photo. I’m sure you can imagine how the comment section is going. One of the most liked comments is just one word. Hideous 😡 They know about the hate he is getting and they are stirring that pot further for clicks 😡

And racist and homophobic. Are they really who Dianne wants in her fan club?
I said the other day that by going into Juliet’s Facebook group to point out that Bobby has no experience she was trying to catch the Layton haters in there. Whilst they don’t necessarily make any comments that are overtly homophobic or racist I have no doubt that this is what is driving a lot of them unconsciously. They just never stop ranting about his experience and how he shouldn’t be there incessantly without saying a word about Nigel’s experience which says it all really.

Reactions: 10
I am going to, for once, criticise Vito (gasp!) I can't imagine they were forced to do a CCC in the semi-final so he could have chosen Tango. And a Dua Lipa CC sounds like Ellie's choice which he should have Vito-d in favour of something more sophisticated to show her journey to a beautiful butterfly (and I like Dua Lipa!). If she goes out on Saturday because of it, I swear to God..

Having said that, obsessed with Vito ringing his nonna to get her to cure his headache 💗 . Italian men and their health fussing! (having said that, please don't let him actually be ill and the spectre of a 2-person final raising its ugly head again, or Ellie suddenly being given to Neil..)
The only way I can forgive Vito is if he performs the CCC in his pants. Or out of them.

• Haha
I really cannot call who is going this week

Layton could potentially have 3 40’s (including last weeks rolled over), his Charleston has 40 written all over it at least, rumba MAY be slightly harder technique wise.

Annabels VW will be a solid scorer and even her samba the judges seemed to like so her salsa may not be that low.

Bobbys both could go either way, they have showstopper written all over them but that’s only if he can pull them off which I’m not sure about, Annabel may beat him on the leaderboard with the help of her VW

Ellie I’ve just no idea, she should have done her couples choice weeks ago, I think she’ll be good at the cha cha but it’s a shame she’s skipped two ballrooms as I would actually say she’s stronger at ballroom

I also don’t see the point in doing couples choice in the semis and then a show dance in the final next week (presuming she gets there)

Reactions: 9
The only way I can forgive Vito is if he performs the CCC in his pants. Or out of them.
He's warming up.

1701792525011.png

I'm wondering if Bobby might actually overtake Ellie on the LB? I think the QS to Mack the Knife is very good for him, he'll be in tails etc. The Paso just doesn't need to be a disaster (#tinycape). Given they love to overpraise him I can see them giving him big praise for his maturity etc. Of course he only has 2 days to learn it so technique might be an issue, but they've definitely overlooked his ballroom technique before

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.