Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #30

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's a shame Nigel isn't a Tattler we could have had a really high "DADDY'S FIIIIIIÌIIIIIIIIIINNE!"

• Haha
Reactions: 24
It was interesting what Gorka said about the pressure when you have someone good, because you know the choreography has to really show them off (maybe this is why Karen has never had a massive ringer...)

I like Karen, but her saying prepping doesn't really work for her? Well, clearly throwing it together last minute doesn't either, going by Eddie's dances. Imagine being a celeb and putting your trust in your pro, and they turn up on the first day winging it. You'd tit yourself

I always thought this a bit with Vick Hope too. I'm not keen on her and some of the things she said when she left, but I do think it stemmed from Graziano not really knowing what he was doing in his first year, and if you're a celeb with a clueless pro, that must be a bit scary. But he has turned into a decent pro now with lots more experience
---

Do we?
Yes he said he was retiring in an interview, think next season is his last

Reactions: 1
I didn't know Craig was leaving! Tried to find some info and there was an "Entertainment Daily" article in which Joanne suggested Giovanni could replace him (though the article also said Kevin might be interested.)

And Brendan had a comment, "Obviously I would pop my hand firmly in the air to replace Craig. But I don't think that will be on the cards any time soon and I'm not vying for his job. The show needs spice, you can't have it nice all the time. Craig gives that spice. It'd be a shame for him to leave the show because he is such a presence within it. I don't think he's replaceable. If anyone were to replace him, they would need to have Craig's humility but that little bit of spice that keeps everybody a little bit on edge."

Oh and the bit about his possible/likely retirement: "Well, earlier this year, the panel's very own Mr Nasty said in an interview that he wanted to 'hang up his shoes and enjoy life' when he turns 60. Craig turns 60 on January 4 2025 - and that would mean, if he sticks to his word, the next series in 2024 would be his last."

ETA Yikes I missed some posts and this has all been covered. Sorry!

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
I’ll be shocked if they don’t have a major overhaul after this series, never seen such a shambles. We know Craig is going in 2024, but definitely a reshuffle of pros should happen as well as producers.
I always think if it can survive series 6 and 7 it can survive anything. For me, the best think they could do would be not hire anyone who decides To go on a social medial clean up and delete before hand. It’s as,ing for trouble and monitor and cleanup the official accounts swiftly … there must be a couple interns somewhere would wouldn’t mind spending time the monitoring social media … and back off with the heavy handed storylining.

Reactions: 4
I always think if it can survive series 6 and 7 it can survive anything. For me, the best think they could do would be not hire anyone who decides To go on a social medial clean up and delete before hand. It’s as,ing for trouble and monitor and cleanup the official accounts swiftly … there must be a couple interns somewhere would wouldn’t mind spending time the monitoring social media … and back off with the heavy handed storylining.
It amazes me how long they leave horrible comments in the bbcstrictly accounts

Re: judges leaving, yes that was the article I saw. Shirley has threatened several times too

Reactions: 3
I didn't know Craig was leaving! Tried to find some info and there was an "Entertainment Daily" article in which Joanne suggested Giovanni could replace him (though the article also said Kevin might be interested.)

And Brendan had a comment, "Obviously I would pop my hand firmly in the air to replace Craig. But I don't think that will be on the cards any time soon and I'm not vying for his job. The show needs spice, you can't have it nice all the time. Craig gives that spice. It'd be a shame for him to leave the show because he is such a presence within it. I don't think he's replaceable. If anyone were to replace him, they would need to have Craig's humility but that little bit of spice that keeps everybody a little bit on edge."

Oh and the bit about his possible/likely retirement: "Well, earlier this year, the panel's very own Mr Nasty said in an interview that he wanted to 'hang up his shoes and enjoy life' when he turns 60. Craig turns 60 on January 4 2025 - and that would mean, if he sticks to his word, the next series in 2024 would be his last."
The 'Gio for judge' thing has been floated a few times. What a nightmare scenario but I am positive the show has too much sense. Craig has the judgment, the knowledge, the taste, and the charisma. I can just imagine Gio sitting there trying to make some of his catchprases happen.

He also appears to be not well liked by the pros so can't see it being popular. Anton at least seems to be fairly well liked.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Of all the people - I'm really shocked to think about it being Gio!

Maybe they could bring Bruno back? Though he's older than Craig, at 68. I'd like to see Ian Waite I think.

Reactions: 8
Gio as a judge - he wouldn’t be able to resist being snarky and the professionals he doesn’t like he wouldn’t be able to be positive about whatsoever. I don’t think he respects Strictly and therefore doesn’t deserve to ever be considered as a judge.

Reactions: 12
The thought of Gio as a judge horrifies me!! No thanks!! Someone like Karen Hardy might be good?

King Kev would be better than Gio at least he seems to respect the Strictly machine.
I have wanted Karen Hardy as a judge on Strictly for years.

I dunno, I think Craig will stay a long time yet. It's a very well paid and not overly demanding job, imo.

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.