Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #30

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Definitely want Ellie to get the 40 she already should've gotten for her American Smooth in the finale. I wasn't that enamoured with her Paso (and I was mostly busy staring at Vito's chest anyway) but I assume it's very unlikely not to be one of her finale dances. Her Salsa's possibly another option, My favourite dances of hers (other than AS) have actually been her Viennese Waltz and her Rumba, but I can't see them being likely final picks.

Too many options to choose from for Layton! It wasn't my favourite, but I suppose Argentine Tango is a certainty. I think Quickstep would be the best other choice for them. Cha Cha would be good too but I'd be so afraid of the pot-stirrer going wrong. Presumably, the Paso is too much of a production to redo, but then again they did it for Helen's CC. I really hope no repeat of Layton's CC, it just wasn't that great.

One of Bobby's best dances, out of the few that aren't totally forgettable, was his Samba, but they tend not to repeat theme week ones. I suppose the costume's not that elaborate though so could probably be done.

I suppose Paso is an obvious choice for Annabel.

I absolutely loathe the idea of the other obvious choice for either of them. I didn't even like it when Rose did it. I think it totally ruins the impact to repeat dances like that, but I can't see the producers agreeing with me. Ugh, imagine Bobby or Annabel redoing their CC in the finale and managing to win from the emotional manipulation votes. :sick:

Reactions: 6
Actually I could see the judges picking her jive. I’ve just watched it back and, whilst I think she could definitely move a bit quicker now as her fitness levels have massively improved, it was very good. She was one of the best from week one.
Weirdly looking at week 1 scores Ellie, Bobby and Layton were scored the same at 29 and Annabel was only 1 point behind at 28.
One of my fave moments of Ellie's was her coming down the stairs and whirling her ponytail! (Though I'd prefer her paso or AS in the final, the gods permitting)

Vito making pasta at 1:30am and saying he'll be up choreographing most of the night :oops: I think we forget how absolutely exhausting semi-finals week is for the pros..

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 18
And wasn’t the height difference whinge the same year as Nikita and Ellie S?!
Indeed. And again, what a tactless comment by Dianne.

I remember Nikita was criticised one night by Craig for something he did, possibly in a lift, that he had to do in a not 'by the book' way, because of Ellie's disability. It was really stupid of Craig but Nikita just took it on the chin, and didn't start whining. I think he referred to the comment, afterwards, laughingly, in the Clauditorium. Like this -> 🤷‍♂️

I have loved Nikita from the start, and he has just gone from strength to strength in the way he works and interacts with his partners. I still laugh if I watch his dance with Tilly and his shirt. 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 20
They definitely shouldn’t allow the CC in the final.

Looking at the weekly scores shows how Bobby has always been generously marked. Whilst he’s never got really high scores he has the highest lowest score out of all the finalists which is bonkers when you look at how consistently good Ellie and Layton have been.

Reactions: 9

I remember Nikita was criticised one night by Craig for something he did, possibly in a lift, that he had to do in a not 'by the book' way, because of Ellie's disability. It was really stupid of Craig but Nikita just took it on the chin, and didn't start whining. I think he referred to the comment, afterwards, laughingly, in the Clauditorium. Like this -> 🤷‍♂️

I have loved Nikita from the start, and he has just gone from strength to strength in the way he works and interacts with his partners. I still laugh if I watch his dance with Tilly and his shirt. 😁
In a similar vein it used to really boil my blood when he used to criticize Johnny Peacock for sticking his bottom out. The prosthetics might’ve had something to do with that. Still riles me now!

Reactions: 16
And wasn’t the height difference whinge the same year as Nikita and Ellie S?!
To be fair, it's not as if Ellie S was truly being judged to the same standard as everyone else. It had to be accepted that all her dances would have gapping, for example, as it obviously would've been impossible to avoid.
---

I remember thinking Nikita had amazing self-restraint to be able to manage to keep the 'you bleeping moron' out his tone when explaining there was no other way to get her down (off the prop that I'm sure the producers were responsible for putting her on) 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
To be fair, it's not as if Ellie S was truly being judged to the same standard as everyone else. It had to be accepted that all her dances would have gapping, for example, as it obviously would've been impossible to avoid.
It was more the fact that Diane was complaining about how difficult it was for them as a couple because of the difference when you had Ellie there whose whole life would be having to adapt. To me it’s another example of how tone deaf she is

It just further shows how self centred Dianne is. She only sees things in relation to how they impact her.
I think with her moronic comment about not trusting any of the pros to do the lift that Bobby fucked and boasting about being the final female pro standing when it was only due to Nigel’s injury really won’t have done her any favours with the other pros.

Reactions: 17
In a similar vein it used to really boil my blood when he used to criticize Johnny Peacock for sticking his bottom out. The prosthetics might’ve had something to do with that. Still riles me now!
Or Steve Backshall for not being able to point his foot with the surgically fused ankle.

well, okay then Craig, I’ll undergo major orthopaedic surgery and months of rehab to be able to point my foot in the jive …

Alex Scott couldn't point her toes either due to a football injury and the judges were still whinging about it in Week 8 or 9.

If they're going to get paid that much for two hours of work a week, it would be nice if they managed some coherent, usable feedback occasionally.

It’s shocking really when they are casting in such an inclusive way that the judges are so tone deaf in some of their critique.

Reactions: 15
It was more the fact that Diane was complaining about how difficult it was for them as a couple because of the difference when you had Ellie there whose whole life would be having to adapt. To me it’s another example of how tone deaf she is
Fair. It was stupid of the producers to pair them up, and again with Bobby this year, but I don't think I ever have heard any pro complain as much as Dianne did that year, even with bigger height differences. Tony was too tall for Katya too but she still got more out of him than Dianne got from Tyler (or complain about it in front of Ellie.)
I still can't believe Anton gave Tyler's terribly choreographed, almost entirely Cha Cha-free Cha Cha a bloody 10. His best dance by a mile was his Charleston and she didn't choreograph that.

Reactions: 7
I was thinking I don’t think I would want to live in a flat underneath one of the professionals - wonder if you hear them marking out their routines. I would turn into Mr Heckles from Friends.

• Haha
I was thinking I don’t think I would want to live in a flat underneath one of the professionals - wonder if you hear them marking out their routines. I would turn into Mr Heckles from Friends.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I dunno, if I was living underneath Vito I'd be popping round in the middle of the night to offer him 'help' with his furniture-moving/pasta-making/sweat-wiping etc. .

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Dianne has always been partnered with potential contenders apart from the first year and when Robert Webb had to withdraw, although following his flashdance for sports relief I initially thought he would go quite far.

If they don’t bench her next year they should give her someone with a disability to partner as it might humble her. In fact that would be an awful idea as she would still make it all about her wouldn’t she? It’s quite telling that after all these years she still seems to get dealt an easy hand.
---
I dunno, if I was living underneath Vito I'd be popping round in the middle of the night to offer him 'help' with his furniture-moving/pasta-making/sweat-wiping etc. .

If I lived below Nikita he would have to take out a restraining order 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Dianne has always been partnered with potential contenders apart from the first year and when Robert Webb had to withdraw, although following his flashdance for sports relief I initially thought he would go quite far.

If they don’t bench her next year they should give her someone with a disability to partner as it might humble her. In fact that would be an awful idea as she would still make it all about her wouldn’t she? It’s quite telling that after all these years she still seems to get dealt an easy hand.
---

Love how there is a Friends Gif for every situation 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10

---

God, imagine if you and I were flatmates - poor lad would have no peace 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.