Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #30

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Depending who gets into the final -
There are too many of Laytons that I would like to see again - mainly - his quickstep and Argentine Tango.
Ellie - her America smooth and either paso or Argentine tango.
Bobby - just don’t care
Annabel - don’t care

Reactions: 14
I don’t think their lack of critique has helped Bobby. I think unless they directly say something he needs to improve Dianne would be happy to just coast along as long as they stay in.
Yes!!! Critique is important!! How else are you to improve!! I only didn't like it when they went overboard with it like with Angela S and Nigel. Fair criticism is constructive, this false "omg you were amazing" bullshit like they do with Bobby and used to do with Angela R is insulting to the celebrity.
---
I thought the Quickstep was ballroom? (Not that I care about Dahnce Purity)
Quickstep is ballroom.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
I would have preferred to see a Waltz or a Tango from Ellie than a Cha Cha, but I don't really mind if she does a Contemporary CC. I think she's one of the few celebs that probably could do a pretty good one. Just praying it's not some random jumping about street dance.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Oh yeah! Sorry, it was so barely a quickstep I forgot that one.
Yeah I didn't realise it was a quickstep when I was watching it! I enjoyed her footwork, thought she was light on her feet and nimble but there was a lot going on in that dance with all the acting and lifting and others dance partners that it wasn't really apparent until the judges actually said it!

Reactions: 6
Yeah I didn't realise it was a quickstep when I was watching it! I enjoyed her footwork, thought she was light on her feet and nimble but there was a lot going on in that dance with all the acting and lifting and others dance partners that it wasn't really apparent until the judges actually said it!
It's a shame it had to be on musicals week to a bloody song with completely the wrong tempo, as she'd have delivered a fantastic quickstep with loads of content otherwise.

I'd like to see her American Smooth and, controversially, her jive in the finals.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
There are too many of Laytons that I would like to see again - mainly - his quickstep and Argentine Tango.
Bobby - just don’t care
Annabel - don’t care
Layton - I agree it’s a tough choice but think I would agree with you. Quickstep and Argentine Tango.
Ellie - Again agreeing with you. American Smooth and Paso.
Bobby - I’m not that fussed but I guess they would probably do Samba and Viennese Waltz.
Annabel - struggling here as all her dances seem to be so very similar 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 9
Bobby - just don’t care
Annabel - don’t care
I'm stuck with Annabel.

I'd definitely like to see her Foxtrot again, and also maybe her Foxtrot. But then, her Foxtrot was also nice 🤷🏻‍♀️ I just hope the judges, at the very least, pick her Foxtrot.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I'm stuck with Annabel.

I'd definitely like to see her Foxtrot again, and also maybe her Foxtrot. But then, her Foxtrot was also nice 🤷🏻‍♀️ I just hope the judges, at the very least, pick her Foxtrot.
You're forgetting Annabel's Foxtrot.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Layton has lucked out with his dances next week that’s for sure, he’s also managed to swerve 2 ballrooms so I would say he’s both a shoe in for the final and top of the leaderboard

Ellie seems to have the worst draw as neither are big crowd pleasers, depending on the vibe, but I’m hoping they’ll surprise us

Bobby has 2 potential big crowd pleasers but I’m not convinced he’s going to pull either off that well

Annabelle VW will save her salsa but I presume she’ll still be bottom
The thing is Layton had foxtrot and waltz in his AS so technically he has done all the ballroom dances. He is actually doing 2 new dances. Annabel had the VW as her base for the AS and is going to do it as an actual dance (same as Bobby did).

Reactions: 4
I didn't rate her hugely, since I started watching Strictly, but wasn't pushed about her one way or the other. She is probably my least favourite of the pros, now that I think about it.

I do remember her blaming height difference with Tyler for them not doing well. I don't remember any other pro saying stuff like that. Blaming the celebrity for something they can't help - like their height. And then she was partnered with Bobby 🤷‍♀️

I fast forwarded through most of their talky bits in the series so far. I actually find her quite grating to listen to. She really does centre herself not her pro. Bobby is now the one who is coming across as the more mature of the two of them.
And wasn’t the height difference whinge the same year as Nikita and Ellie S?!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Layton - Salsa and Quickstep
Ellie - American Smooth and Paso
Bobby - Cha cha cha and Viennese Waltz
Annabel - Foxtrot and foxtrot- nah, Jive and Couples Choice

• Heart
Ellie and couple choice - I think she would really suit a theatre/jazz/fosse style. I have just never really enjoyed any contemporary on strictly - not even Rose’s or Ashley’s. I liked Caroline Flack’s contemporary. Just not a fan of lyrical contemporary.

Reactions: 8
Ellie and couple choice - I think she would really suit a theatre/jazz/fosse style. I have just never really enjoyed any contemporary on strictly - not even Rose’s or Ashley’s. I liked Caroline Flack’s contemporary. Just not a fan of lyrical contemporary.
I don't see Ellie doing contemporary at all. I think she'll go for commercial (PLEASE NOT STREET) or theatre/jazz.

I'd like to see her American Smooth and, controversially, her jive in the finals.
Actually I could see the judges picking her jive. I’ve just watched it back and, whilst I think she could definitely move a bit quicker now as her fitness levels have massively improved, it was very good. She was one of the best from week one.
Weirdly looking at week 1 scores Ellie, Bobby and Layton were scored the same at 29 and Annabel was only 1 point behind at 28.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.