Strictly Come Dancing 2023 #30

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The show doesn’t want Layton to win 😂 Imagine how much outrage there would be from the idiots on social media, the BBC would genuinely receive about 5000 complaints & have to investigate. The ringers are for entertainment, the bosses know they never win. Keeping Layton out of the bottom two is probably beneficial for all the remaining celebs as he would likely knock any of them out. That said, I’m still kinda expecting him to be to honest..
I remember seeing some idiotic comment, might've been on DS, saying that Layton's casting was 'so obviously' the BBC trying to push for a same-sex pair to win, and scathingly being like 'I bet they thought the audience would love him, but I see through it and I won't be voting for him!' and like yeah, um, I'm pretty sure TPTB are well aware by now that the voters do not love a ringer 😂 well, unless there's bigger ringer to hate instead - Layton and Nigel, Faye and Ashley, Alexandra and Debbie etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
This is very sweet of Layton ❤ Their friendship 🥰 I like to joke as much as the next person about their chemistry while they dance but beyond that, it’s just so lovely to their (obviously platonic) bond. I usually don’t buy the friends for life shite on Strictly but I do with these two .. who ironically are probably the only couple who haven’t said that on national TV yet!

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 25
The only response to a hit piece like that really is to go off peoples opinions who have actually worked closely in a theatre company with him, or chatting to people who have had a relationship with him, or talked with guys who have worked theatre doors or been backstage crew on TV shows and I can honestly say over the years (and even recently here on tattle) I've nattered with all of the above.

What you see is what you get with him with the exception I would say that irl people usually say he's very funny and loves a bit of banter which I do think he's had to reign right back/hasn't always translated over on ITT and in the clauditorium other wise it's just people who know him (including ex girlfriends that I know) having fond, happy memories of being with him.

A lot in that piece we saw for ourselves on the night in Blackpool, if thats him at his worse or his most upset it's out there he owned it but we can make our own mind up without the fail trying to dredge up some crap .
Absolutely. I'm not even going to read that nonsense article and I'm sure there will be plenty more of the same. 🙄

He came across as a really genuine, nice man. Who despite the career he has had to date, struggled with nerves.
His interviews on ITT especially with Fleur were great tv. A very self-deprecating character with a wry sense of humour.

I'm so sorry that this is how Strictly finished for him, and 'Kat'.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
This is very sweet of Layton ❤ Their friendship 🥰 I like to joke as much as the next person about their chemistry while they dance but beyond that, it’s just so lovely to their (obviously platonic) bond. I usually don’t buy the friends for life shite on Strictly but I do with these two .. who ironically are probably the only couple who haven’t said that on national TV yet!
How sad that he wrote ‘Think what you like about me’. All he has done is go on an entertainment show and do his best. I’m sure he knew from the start he wouldn’t win and that he would get some ringer accusations but not the level of vitriol and abuse he’s had thrown at him.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Bets on Shirley! She probably did her signature spinny dance to impress him and he said nah Layton did it better 🤣
Nigel definitely stood on her corns (as my granny used to say) at some point.

I still don't understand the way she goes overboard about Bobby. She defended 'the lift' to the other judges when they were in the Clauditorium. A good attempt or something like that. If that was Nigel, she would have lacerated him.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I don’t think their lack of critique has helped Bobby. I think unless they directly say something he needs to improve Dianne would be happy to just coast along as long as they stay in.

Reactions: 11
Funny how so many people are moaning about Layton not having done a pure ballroom since week 6 and not having a ballroom in the final when Ellie's last pure ballroom was week 3 (maybe week 2 if you don't count the VW) and she's not doing a ballroom either.
I thought the Quickstep was ballroom? (Not that I care about Dahnce Purity)

Reactions: 5
I don’t think their lack of critique has helped Bobby. I think unless they directly say something he needs to improve Dianne would be happy to just coast along as long as they stay in.
The problem is the biggest things he needs to improve can't be done because of the mismatched heights. His posture/frame can't ever be as good as it could be if he had a taller pro, so their only options are either to ignore it or harp on about it even knowing it'll never get much better. But given that they kept complaining about things like Jonnie Peacock's bum sticking out and Matt Goss's frame being weak when it was physically impossible to fix, I think they picked the wrong option...

Then again, he might have gotten more sympathy votes if they were harsher on him, so probably for the best.

Reactions: 9
Totally agree.
In fairness to him, I think he has started to take it more seriously, and is working hard. Maybe with a different partner he would be better by now.

Shirley has definitely adopted him as her pet, but we saw how that particular adoption scenario ended for Will 😆
And I can't stand the way Tess talks to him, and about him. That also plays into the 'little girl' vibe Dianne portrays 🥴

Reactions: 11
My favourite is the theory that the producers paid the backing dancers to drop Nigel.
We all know BAFTA-stealer Arduino has no scruples. Dianne will have offered him a packet of Tim-Tams and a chance to choreograph her showdance (Bobby may make an appearance in it..)

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I think Ellie is really good at ballroom. I hope to see her American smooth again in the final.
Yeah I think a lovely romantic waltz would have been good along with an uptempo CC. But with a Cha Cha I fear a contempowaft CC about Ellie's self-confidence or something.

The Nigel tinhatters have absolutely gone off the deep end? why do the producers want to 'sabotage' a popular BBC star? Given that Ellie is the favourite, why do they want an ITV person to win?

I agree. For example at Blackpool they got mostly, if I remember correctly, praise for that jive and she was sucking it all up. Then came the dance off and she falls apart. I don't think she's bright enough to understand that if you are prepared to suck up praise then you must be equally prepared to listed to criticism. Her response to the lift stuff is just bloody stupid. I find her beyond annoying at this point.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.