Strictly Come Dancing 2022 #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That's a definite improvement on last year's slightly underwhelming trailer (apart from Dianne being front and centre of everything πŸ™„). Hopefully the launch show dance will be be big and dramatic and memorable

I'm honestly struggling to remember most of last year's pro dances
I do wonder why they keep trying to make Dianne happen. And why is Jowita, the smallest pro, shoved at the back?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I think I'd be less surprised if he married Anton... πŸ˜‚

Honestly, I just cannot see Gio and Rose together romantically at all. Imagine if they do live happily ever after and I have to eat my words... πŸ™ˆ πŸ˜‚

Come to think of it, either Strictly has a high percentage of unlikely couples, or I'm just completely tit at predicting them in general, because I think I've had a 'wait, really, them? They're together? Them?!' reaction to basically every Strictly pair. Karen and Kevin, Kevin and Stacey, Neil and Katya, Gorka and Gemma, even Kai and Nadiya and Janette and Aljaz took me by surprise. Ok sure, why not Rose and Gio? πŸ˜‚
I thought Kevin was into stacey from day one. They were on the one show together near the start of their strictly season and if he could have sat on her he would have. Stacey always seemed a bit awkward about it imo.

Reactions: 3
I do wonder why they keep trying to make Dianne happen. And why is Jowita, the smallest pro, shoved at the back?
Who knows - the red hair maybe? πŸ˜‚ I do wonder whether most folk are that fussed about her outside a few very vocal fan accounts but I could be wrong. Just basing this on hardly anyone listening to that BBC podcast she did and all those week 4 exits

She seems nice enough, but I just don't get it - there are better, less annoying dancers in the pro line up

Reactions: 2
I miss the trailers that feature the celebrities. I think the last time they had one with celebrities was 2017

Reactions: 4
Just seen Helen’s little intro VT- she comes across well as expected- but I notice it features AJ’s bloody Showdance dress 🀣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Dianne has 860k followers on Instagram, far more than others like Amy, Katya and Karen (all 200-320k). Even Oti only has 600k, and Gio has 800k. Not that it means everything but clearly they see an audience for her..

Reactions: 1
Dianne has 860k followers on Instagram, far more than others like Amy, Katya and Karen (all 200-320k). Even Oti only has 600k, and Gio has 800k. Not that it means everything but clearly they see an audience for her..
Sigh, I suppose. One of the perks of being with Joe Sugg, I guess.

Reactions: 7
A solid 70% of which came from her being partnered with Joe. Of course she has built on that and made her own success but I can guarantee she wouldn’t even have half of those followers if she wasn’t partnered with joe.

Reactions: 8
This is one of the few I remember! And regularly rewatch 😜

(have now remembered the OTHER Halloween dance last year which was horrendous)
Nooo, I loved it. 😭

It was so bad it was amazing! It's probably the one I rewatch most, laughing my arse off. I don't know which is the funniest bit - Kai hamming it up as Voldy, the outtake where he slipped on his Voldy cloak, all of the costumes being reasonably detailed and recognizable, except then there's Nadiya just in a sparkly dress and grey beard as ... Saruman? I guess? Oti Hermione randomly banging on some bongos while Gio Hannibal Lecter twerks in a tassel-y jumpsuit. Cameron, stony faced as he stands still and enthusiastically flaps his cape. Nikita tugging Nadiya by her Saruman beard as they spin past each other near the end. Nikita mugging to the camera and enthusiastically pretending to eat his plastic jam tart. The sparkly, pirouetting and lute-strumming Darth Vader I didn't even notice until like the fifth viewing because I was too traumatised by... whatever the hell VoldeKai and PinocoNeil were doing. And the naff cherry on top, the random whoops, off-time clapping and counting out loud. πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚

It's a complete mess, a bloody shambles and I happily watch it on a loop when I need cheering up. A camp masterpiece. I rest my case. πŸ’…

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Just seen Helen’s little intro VT- she comes across well as expected- but I notice it features AJ’s bloody Showdance dress 🀣
That dress is going to haunt Elstree for decades to come. Will laugh if Helen ends up being partnered with Kai now

• Haha
Nooo, I loved it. 😭

It was so bad it was amazing! It's probably the one I rewatch most, laughing my arse off. I don't know which is the funniest bit - Kai hamming it up as Voldy, the outtake where he slipped on his Voldy cloak, all of the costumes being reasonably detailed and recognizable, except then there's Nadiya just in a sparkly dress and grey beard as ... Saruman? I guess? Oti Hermione randomly banging on some bongos while Gio Hannibal Lecter twerks in a tassel-y jumpsuit. Cameron, stony faced as he stands still and enthusiastically flaps his cape. Nikita tugging Nadiya by her Saruman beard as they spin past each other near the end. Nikita mugging to the camera and enthusiastically pretending to eat his plastic jam tart. The sparkly, pirouetting and lute-strumming Darth Vader I didn't even notice until like the fifth viewing because I was too traumatised by... whatever the hell VoldeKai and PinocoNeil were doing. And the naff cherry on top, the random whoops, off-time clapping and counting out loud. πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚

It's a complete mess, a bloody shambles and I happily watch it on a loop when I need cheering up. A camp masterpiece. I rest my case. πŸ’…
I was like WTExtraEffingF when I first watched it and though I still am very much confused by it, I think it's absolutely hilarious and they must have had a ball doing something so silly. Nadiya was weirdly hot with that beard too.

Reactions: 4
Nooo, I loved it. 😭

Nah, I still put it in the so bad it's bad category, but you make a compelling case!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Praying with everything in my non religious being that the pro dances are regular ballroom and latin this year.

I know we won’t fully escape the street nonsense but I limit it to one before I combust

Praying with everything in my non religious being that the pro dances are regular ballroom and latin this year.

I know we won’t fully escape the street nonsense but I limit it to one before I combust
Please god do not have a bearded Neil and the other pros pushing 40 dressed up to do bad street dance again, at least one of the dances last year was basically this:
1662561576815.png

• Haha
Reactions: 10
No disrespect to streetdance/commercial and those who perform it, but I can't bloody stand it on Strictly.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.