Strictly Come Dancing 2022 #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think Robert’s health was ultimately the reason why he left however, I also feel like the producers wanted him to be the joke contestant and ham it up, a la Chris Ramsay or Jamie Laing, but he doesn’t strike me as that type of guy. Add in the relentless intensity of Strictly and that would be enough for most people to nope out of there.

Reactions: 5
I think Amy is with Tony - seen a couple of things indicating that pairing now. An older plucky trier is probably a decent palate cleanser for Amy and the audience after Tom.

If Karen dances in a same-sex pairing then I can see Jowita as Hamza's partner. That might be a nice match.

Reactions: 4
I think Robert’s health was ultimately the reason why he left however, I also feel like the producers wanted him to be the joke contestant and ham it up, a la Chris Ramsay or Jamie Laing, but he doesn’t strike me as that type of guy. Add in the relentless intensity of Strictly and that would be enough for most people to nope out of there.
But he did a whole routine to What A Feeling in a unitard for Comic Relief so you can't blame them for thinking that. Plus his repertoire of character work on That Mitchell & Webb Look would make the producers think "Ah, here's someone who will.play up to the crowd". It was clear he wasn't going to do that from the moment he started that Ra Ra Rasputin dance which could have been peak silly camp but was just... Meh Meh Thatwasmeh.

I don't know, maybe he actually wanted a dance journey?

I think Amy is with Tony - seen a couple of things indicating that pairing now.

If Karen dances in a same-sex pairing then I can see Jowita as Hamza's partner. That might be a nice match.
That would be cute, actually. Jowita seems very sweet and yes, I am basing this on the fact that she has a lovely cat called Roger. I mean, Roger! 😻

Reactions: 3
I 100% think that Robert's health issues were what caused his withdrawal. Heart issues are no joke when doing hours of dance training a day.

However, would he have publicly called the show 'brutal and weird' if he had a good time with his pro?
Which is why I really can’t understand them going for Tony Adams.
I would have thought the insurers would have been backing away nervously.

Reactions: 1
Which is why I really can’t understand them going for Tony Adams.
I would have thought the insurers would have been backing away nervously.
Agree completely. I wonder if they're banking on Tony being an early out as a 50-something ex footballer. The body has got to hurt and that would undoubtedly affect his dancing. But equally, he seems likeable based on his VT earlier today and can bust a few moves so who knows?

Does seem strange that they're willing to clear 30/40/50 somethings with medical issues but completely dodge the over 60s regardless of health.

I’m actually warming to Tony- he seems like he’ll have fun with it and I think he’d be a good celeb partner even though he might not go too far.

Have always got the vibe that Strictly is amazing if you love the experience and are half decent, fine but nothing to write home about if you find it ok, but if you don’t like it it’s really tough going.

How strange. Do they comment on things?
I left the group a few weeks ago but Mum would comment regularly and was made a group expert before I left. Sister didn't really comment but she had just joined the group. Although she did post a pic of his little nephew.

But he did a whole routine to What A Feeling in a unitard for Comic Relief so you can't blame them for thinking that. Plus his repertoire of character work on That Mitchell & Webb Look would make the producers think "Ah, here's someone who will.play up to the crowd". It was clear he wasn't going to do that from the moment he started that Ra Ra Rasputin dance which could have been peak silly camp but was just... Meh Meh Thatwasmeh.
I do think the producers, dancers and celebs should really discuss their expectations and hopes together beforehand, to avoid situations like this, where Robert was clearly dying internally of horror at being made into the Comedy Contestant (just as Scott Mills was before him, poor sod). Bill Bailey managed to avoid it, I think because both he and Oti are both very strong-willed, and would not allow themselves to be pigeonholed.

Perhaps instead of pairing people up by height, gender or location, they should pair them by temperament first. Therefore Dianne -who apparently cannot say no to a neon-flavoured comedy routine, especially on theme weeks- could get an equally bouncy contestant who would adore being painted yellow, or blue, or green with googly eyes and a tail on. And a contestant who would rather twirl around the dancefloor in a nice outfit could get Gio or Kai.

Reactions: 13
I do think the producers, dancers and celebs should really discuss their expectations and hopes together beforehand, to avoid situations like this, where Robert was clearly dying internally of horror at being made into the Comedy Contestant (just as Scott Mills was before him, poor sod). Bill Bailey managed to avoid it, I think because both he and Oti are both very strong-willed, and would not allow themselves to be pigeonholed.

Perhaps instead of pairing people up by height, gender or location, they should pair them by temperament first. Therefore Dianne -who apparently cannot say no to a neon-flavoured comedy routine, especially on theme weeks- could get an equally bouncy contestant who would adore being painted yellow, or blue, or green with googly eyes and a tail on. And a contestant who would rather twirl around the dancefloor in a nice outfit could get Gio or Kai.
Far too common sense for the likes of Strictly but 100% yes!

Imagine slogging your guts out all week trying to learn a new dance and perfect a routine only to be told you're going to do it dressed as a sodding Oompa Loompa.

I would fume!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Imagine slogging your guts out all week trying to learn a new dance and perfect a routine only to be told you're going to do it dressed as a sodding Oompa Loompa.

I would fume!
As long as there is enough common sense to not ask Ellie Simmons to dress as an Oompa Loompa. Though this is Strictly, so no guarantees.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I left the group a few weeks ago but Mum would comment regularly and was made a group expert before I left. Sister didn't really comment but she had just joined the group. Although she did post a pic of his little nephew.
You are very sensible Huph. I loved the Gio and Rose partnership which is partly why I joined the group but the majority are proper job barking on there. The endless sucking up to the admins is also absurd. NB - mods on here, can I just say how fetching you are looking this morning?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Hopefully we'll get some spoilers from the launch show filming today, so I'm checking if I remember how to use the spoiler tag
Hamza is adorable and I would die for him

• Haha
Reactions: 8
This is a good point, just gonna do a spoiler test too as hopefully we'll have something to discuss

Ok, that didn't work 😂. How do you do spoiler tags again?

• Haha
Reactions: 2
testing testing :D

This is a good point, just gonna do a spoiler test too as hopefully we'll have something to discuss

Ok, that didn't work 😂. How do you do spoiler tags again?
if you go to the bar at the top of the reply box where the bold, etc is. Go to the one with … (8th along)
pick spoiler out of the options .
put a title if you want to name it and then continue.
tyoe what you want as a spoiler and then post.

hope that’s okay :cool:

Reactions: 3
ok, just testing - manifesting Hamza and Katya +costume featuring crochet hairnet

• Haha
Reactions: 7
You are very sensible Huph. I loved the Gio and Rose partnership which is partly why I joined the group but the majority are proper job barking on there. The endless sucking up to the admins is also absurd. NB - mods on here, can I just say how fetching you are looking this morning?
Brilliant post and I totally agree with you, when I first joined I couldn't believe some of the things I was reading. The way they carried on re chief admin was bonkers.

The trailer is decent this year. Hopefully the pro dances will resemble something like ballroom and Latin, they were a bit naff last year.

Reactions: 7
The trailer is decent this year. Hopefully the pro dances will resemble something like ballroom and Latin, they were a bit naff last year.

That's a definite improvement on last year's slightly underwhelming trailer (apart from Dianne being front and centre of everything 🙄). Hopefully the launch show dance will be be big and dramatic and memorable

I'm honestly struggling to remember most of last year's pro dances

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.