Strictly Come Dancing 2022 #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No disrespect to streetdance/commercial and those who perform it, but I can't bloody stand it on Strictly.
I agree but I think it's because strictly dancers aren't trained in street dance an commercial which explains some of the flow lacking in their performances...

Reactions: 6
Praying with everything in my non religious being that the pro dances are regular ballroom and latin this year.

I know we won’t fully escape the street nonsense but I limit it to one before I combust
It’s Jason Gilkeson … he will proudly announce ’this dance is based on West Side Story’ and then the week after … ‘this dance is based on West Side Story, ah no did that last week, I know Romeo and Juliet.

Reactions: 7
No disrespect to streetdance/commercial and those who perform it, but I can't bloody stand it on Strictly.
It's BRILLIANT when it's done well: some of the groups that perform at festivals and street events in my city are jaw-droppingly good, and so are the various groups you see on the talent shows like Britains Got Talent, etc. They have been trained to flow together and act as a unit, its great.

But when danced by a set of persons whose background is competitive ballroom/Latin (ie, to stand out of the crowd on a dancefloor), and who have been given two weeks to learn it and a bunch of other group dances? No. You are never going to get that beautiful effect where it seems like the whole crew are almost psychically connected and moving as one body.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Please god do not have a bearded Neil and the other pros pushing 40 dressed up to do bad street dance again, at least one of the dances last year was basically this:
Yes, it was truly horrible. Praying they don't try to shove more than two of those down our throats (even that's probably too much to hope for)

At least there were a few moments of comedic value in it. My favourite bit is at 1:59. Luba and Gorka do some horrible but at least recognisable street dance move, but the best Aljaz can manage is to flutter off with some delicate ballroom fingers 😂

ezgif-1-080dee35f7.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Anyone have any last predictions for pairings before potential spoilers? I think it’s very difficult to match people up this year 😭

Reactions: 1
It's BRILLIANT when it's done well: some of the groups that perform at festivals and street events in my city are jaw-droppingly good, and so are the various groups you see on the talent shows like Britains Got Talent, etc. They have been trained to flow together and act as a unit, its great.

But when danced by a set of persons whose background is competitive ballroom/Latin (ie, to stand out of the crowd on a dancefloor), and who have been given two weeks to learn it and a bunch of other group dances? No. You are never going to get that beautiful effect where it seems like the whole crew are almost psychically connected and moving as one body.
And then dress them up as Homer Simpson.

• Haha
Reactions: 4

This is exactly what I mean. Choreographers wouldn’t force street/hiphop etc dancers to do ballroom and latin so why the other way round? They have these top class ballroom and latin dancers in front of them and won’t even use it to their advantage

It’s Jason Gilkeson … he will proudly announce ’this dance is based on West Side Story’ and then the week after … ‘this dance is based on West Side Story, ah no did that last week, I know Romeo and Juliet.
Omg this. It’s so boring! The pro dances are in need of some fresh ideas and creativity, as well as banishing street and commercial to the fiery depths of hell.

Parting ways with Gilkison would be the bravest move the show has made but I think it would be worthwhile because he's got too much control and it has felt very Burn The Floor lite for years.

Poach Darren & Lilia from DWTS Ireland and maybe get some rotating choreographers from the ballroom world to help out. I know many don't like him as a competing pro but could Neil be good in a choreographer role? I think he works well with other pros just not with celebs.

Reactions: 11
Anyone have any last predictions for pairings before potential spoilers? I think it’s very difficult to match people up this year 😭
I'm no longer confident about any of my early predictions 😂

A few last minute guesses:

Gorka and Helen
Karen and Matt
Kym and Graziano
Hamza and Katya

Reactions: 2

Yeah, I can certainly appreciate it when performed by great street dancers in the right context but it seems so awkward and out of place on Strictly.

I was hoping for a new presenter this year, new singers, new costume designer and change of the X factor sob story format. The show definitely needs a shake up.

Reactions: 9
Who knows - the red hair maybe? 😂 I do wonder whether most folk are that fussed about her outside a few very vocal fan accounts but I could be wrong. Just basing this on hardly anyone listening to that BBC podcast she did and all those week 4 exits

She seems nice enough, but I just don't get it - there are better, less annoying dancers in the pro line up
how many people listened to diannes podcast, i didn't know they realeased figures for it.

how many people listened to diannes podcast, i didn't know they realeased figures for it.
I remember checking the podcast charts (on Chartable) when it was out and it didn't feature on any of them, even more obscure categories, which I was a bit surprised about. Just based on her insta followers, I thought it would be more popular

In general, follower counts don't always reflect how active their fans are. Having a large following doesn't mean people are going to vote for you, engage in your projects or buy your merch.

Also, no spoiler for pairings yet?!

Reactions: 3
Dave Thorp says he is waiting for his #mole (I can't believe we are here again!!)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.