Strictly Come Dancing 2022 #35

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Nicest person won...best dancer didn't!

Agree!! Hamza was the weakest dancer, but Strictly is not just about the dancing as we know. Would have loved Gorka and Helen to win but it was still nice to see Hamza win. He's such a lovely chap and great role model.

I would have been FEWMIN if someone like Mardy, Jayde or a Kevin Clifton type had won. I reckon Helen has got a lot out of Strictly and she'll continue to rise.

Edit: get rid of Dianne or Amy next year & replace with Lauren

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
Can I ask, I watched the Strictly Weakest Link before the final and Jayde and Karen were both on it. Almost everyone voted Karen off first round as she was the WL but Jayde said she could never EVER do that, so voted for someone else. Is Jayde more fond of Karen than Karen is of Jayde?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I'll have to rewatch some of the dances later and taken them in properly - felt like last night flew by! the only one I missed was Mollly's showdance - watched it there and was a bit underwhelmed. I thought Prince was going to be iconic but the cane bit didn't really fit . The second track was better but hated the bloody Marigolds!

Hate the narrative that Helen was robbed I'm seeing on twitter - her own showdance was not great and her CC and Hamza's cancelled each other out for quality, plus his salsa and her jive are fairly even.

The only interesting bts stuff I saw this morning was a video of Fleur singing 'Sax' at the afterparty, with Helen and Molly on backing vocals! Apart from that, everyone being too discreet - I need to know who Vito was snogging!

Attachments

Reactions: 6
Can I ask, I watched the Strictly Weakest Link before the final and Jayde and Karen were both on it. Almost everyone voted Karen off first round as she was the WL but Jayde said she could never EVER do that, so voted for someone else. Is Jayde more fond of Karen than Karen is of Jayde?
Could depend when it was filmed. Karen looked panic-stricken at times last night and Luba was definitely a human shield! But Jayde isn’t backwards in coming forwards so I’m sure if she has something to say, she’ll say it especially now the series has finished

Reactions: 5

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
I totally get Gorka’s disappointment. It’s his third final, he’s had amazing dancers before but never one who has connected with the public like Helen has. He thought this was his shot after being there so long. He’s a fan favourite and he is an incredible choreographer. It really was a two horse race between Helen and Hamza (unfairly because Molly and Fleur are amazing) so he did have a real shot! Then with them being higher on the leaderboard than Hamza he maybe thought it was a foregone conclusion. He’s the oldest pro left standing the other 3 were in their first year, he’s a huge social media following. This is his profession, it’s like when you see someone at the Olympics not coming first they’re gutted it doesn’t make them unhappy for the winner but they’re gutted for themselves.
Being a gifted dancer is amazing but it doesn’t necessarily mean a glittering career and he’s put his heart and soul in to this series. He’s the only pro left with a child who he clearly adores ans he’s had to leave her so much, it’s a huge sacrifice. I even think back to 2020 when he was in the final with Maisie and they had to bubble and he wasn’t allowed to see Gemma or Mia at all for months and he lost then too. It must sting.
He’s posted about Hamza and Jowita and he seems like a great guy so I’m sure he is delighted for them but gutted for himself.
Like I’ve said before judging by his reaction, Gemma’s reaction and the other pros I think this is him done now.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
It didn’t look very angry To me 🤷🏼‍♀️
not to me either 🤷🏼‍♀️

like said above it just looks very italian 🤣 i think, like said above, gio is obviously making a beeline for gorka (because they’re close friends) and graz is trying to get him fo congratulate hamza first. then lots of 🤌🏻

to be fair to gio, i get wanting to go straight to your friend in that moment, hamza already had loads of people around him.

I totally get Gorka’s disappointment. It’s his third final, he’s had amazing dancers before but never one who has connected with the public like Helen has. He thought this was his shot after being there so long. He’s a fan favourite and he is an incredible choreographer. It really was a two horse race between Helen and Hamza (unfairly because Molly and Fleur are amazing) so he did have a real shot! Then with them being higher on the leaderboard than Hamza he maybe thought it was a foregone conclusion. He’s the oldest pro left standing the other 3 were in their first year, he’s a huge social media following. This is his profession, it’s like when you see someone at the Olympics not coming first they’re gutted it doesn’t make them unhappy for the winner but they’re gutted for themselves.
Being a gifted dancer is amazing but it doesn’t necessarily mean a glittering career and he’s put his heart and soul in to this series. He’s the only pro left with a child who he clearly adores ans he’s had to leave her so much, it’s a huge sacrifice. I even think back to 2020 when he was in the final with Maisie and they had to bubble and he wasn’t allowed to see Gemma or Mia at all for months and he lost then too. It must sting.
He’s posted about Hamza and Jowita and he seems like a great guy so I’m sure he is delighted for them but gutted for himself.
Like I’ve said before judging by his reaction, Gemma’s reaction and the other pros I think this is him done now.
fully agree with all of this 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

i think this is his last strictly. i hope he stays involved in some capacity as he’s a great teacher and apparently helpful to everyone, but maybe in a way where it doesn’t take up so much of his time.

i absolutely think lauren is getting promoted next year, but in place of which pro i don’t know. maybe amy or karen (if karen leaves).

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Yeah, I wasn't totally sure (also, can't watch the VT's yet), but I've seen lots of people attributing Rose's boring ass showdance to Gilkinson's influence, but I know Arduino actually choreographed it.

Am I wrong in thinking that Gilkinson has ultimate creative control over all of them and influences all of them? Or is that something people have assumed/made up because he choreographs all the crappy pro dances where they just walk/jump about and pose?
Arduino was involved in Hamzas showdance too, despite the Bafta I find him a boring choreographer.

My dearest wish (which won't happen!) is they clear out the whole Choreo team leave just the AT couple and maybe Beth.
The Pro dances have been dreadful this year and the dances choregraphed by the professional choreographers have been really weak, all the best dances this season have been choregraphed by the Pros. They need to give the Pros more control and freedom over the dances.

I really hope Neil moves back into the Pro choreo team, despite not shining with his celebs, the Pro dances were better when he was on the team.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Had to have a bit of a rant at the DS posters (not that it will do any good, I know). They're acting like Hamza's dances were shite and he still won only because he's popular. Yes, he's popular, but he only had a wobble in the showdance, and he picked it straight back up again. His other dances were amazing. Know who else didn't have a good showdance? Their precious Helen and Gorka 🙄 (And Molly).
I would recommend avoiding the FB page of my local newspaper. Apparantly, you can only win Strictly if you're black.

I mean, they have a point. I'm wracking my brains trying to think of the last white winner 🤔

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
I would recommend avoiding the FB page of my local newspaper. Apparantly, you can only win Strictly if you're black.

I mean, they have a point. I'm wracking my brains trying to think of the last white winner 🤔
What a ridiculous thing to say - the last 5 winners have been white 🙄

I think it might be time to move.

Reactions: 8
I'll have to rewatch some of the dances later and taken them in properly - felt like last night flew by! the only one I missed was Mollly's showdance - watched it there and was a bit underwhelmed. I thought Prince was going to be iconic but the cane bit didn't really fit . The second track was better but hated the bloody Marigolds!

Hate the narrative that Helen was robbed I'm seeing on twitter - her own showdance was not great and her CC and Hamza's cancelled each other out for quality, plus his salsa and her jive are fairly even.

The only interesting bts stuff I saw this morning was a video of Fleur singing 'Sax' at the afterparty, with Helen and Molly on backing vocals! Apart from that, everyone being too discreet - I need to know who Vito was snogging!
This is all i’ve seen 🤣

What a ridiculous thing to say - the last 5 winners have been white 🙄

I think it might be time to move.
4/20 winners of the show have been poc, what a load of shite.

Reactions: 5
Arduino was involved in Hamzas showdance too, despite the Bafta I find him a boring choreographer.

My dearest wish (which won't happen!) is they clear out the whole Choreo team leave just the AT couple and maybe Beth.
The Pro dances have been dreadful this year and the dances choregraphed by the professional choreographers have been really weak, all the best dances this season have been choregraphed by the Pros. They need to give the Pros more control and freedom over the dances.

I really hope Neil moves back into the Pro choreo team, despite not shining with his celebs, the Pro dances were better when he was on the team.
I really liked Arduino's choreography for the dance Nikita and Carlos did, but I didn't think much of Rose's showdance, or Couple's Choice.

I sometimes wonder if at least part of the reason for the way the pro dances are lately is that someone in production has some idea in their heads that it'll make the celebs look too bad by comparison if they have the pros do solely ballroom/latin routines in the pro dances? Or if it is solely because some idiot thinks that 90's themed street dances will entice the youth demographic 😂

Reactions: 1
Just looked back and my eagle eye spotted Vito being the first to run up to and hug Hamza to congratulate him. Vito was so happy for him and was smiling like he won!
#Hamzito

Ngl, was a bit disappointed that no one attempted to lift Hamza as well with Jowita. I reckon Graz and Kai would have been able to carry him on their shoulders. What's the use in posting all those topless photos of your muscular torso if you can't deliver when it matters? ...but I digress
I thought that Graz was trying to get a lift going but Hamza didn't seem to want lifted?

Reactions: 2
I agree, but I don't think he's going to leave. I was just listening to Helen's 5live show and they had him phone in and were both in good spirits - they all had a laugh about Gorka's 'Joey Tribbiani face' and Gorka said that of course he's really happy for Hamza and Jowita, but as a pro, they just care so much and love their jobs so much that he was just disappointed for Helen and that he couldn't get her the last cherry on top of the cake. But he sounded fine really

Helen was also laughing about how when she turned up at the reception this morning and their was a 12 foot screen of Hamza holding the glitterball and she just thought 'TOO SOON!'

But fair play to her for turning up for work and sounding chirpy on the radio when she must be immensely hungover 😆

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.