Strictly Come Dancing 2022 #35

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Gilkison was definitely involved with Fleur's as he popped up in the VT (but then hers was the best of the 4 - maybe Leandro and Maria did most of it). I think it's LadyLav who said that he is in overall charge of them, which I guess makes sense though he didn't seem to be involved in the others from their posts.

Reposting this link to the fan edit - right at the end you see Graz gesticulating to Gio - Gio is on his way to console Gorka first and it looks like Graz is saying 'get over here and congratulate Hamza!' Gio ignores him and goes to Gorka and then on the show footage you see him coming back round and Graz grabbing him and having a go. I wonder if he was annoyed at the Gorka favouritism though in Gio's defence, apart from Gorka being one of his best pals, there were already 20 people around Hamza and Jowita.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Which pros have actually had a decent career afterwards? I think they are realising that unless they're settling down to start families or run a dance school at home, leaving doesn't bring them much.

Yeah havnt heard a peep from pasha since he left, Aljaz has his tour with janette, then what?!

I think karen, Neil and Cameron will leave, maybe dianne - not sure about Gio or Gorka, think they might have one last year?

Which pros have actually had a decent career afterwards? I think they are realising that unless they're settling down to start families or run a dance school at home, leaving doesn't bring them much.
Oti seems to have the best prospects, but even then, I don't think it's set in stone. The Masked Dancer and DOI are no way near the same profile as Strictly and her first solo presenting gig was a massive flop. She does have the charisma and personality to help though, which isn't the case for all pros

I does feel like Aljaz left before his time a bit. 9 years was a long run, but he could have easily moved into Anton's role without overstaying his welcome

Reactions: 12
Why are Dianne fans so salty about Jowita? I've noticed it before and can't understand what it could possibly be based on other than Jowita perhaps daring to be shorter.

Screenshot_20221218_075945_Chrome.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 20
In Jason Gilkinsons defence, he didn't choreograph the showdances. The VTs literally showed who choreographed them.
Why did he even need to be there? Why is he being given so much airtime this year? Does he have fingers in pies? Wonder if he is being given more visibility as the ptb see him as potential future judge?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
Why are Dianne fans so salty about Jowita? I've noticed it before and can't understand what it could possibly be based on other than Jowita perhaps daring to be shorter.

View attachment 1815246
Possibly because it was supposed to be Dianne's year - she got the best male dancer going in. But also, Hamza could easily have been partnered with Dianne so maybe there's some twisted logic going on there, in that they think Jowita somehow stole Dianne's chance?

For what it's worth, I reckon Hamza might have won without Jowita, but her creativity/ability with the lifts and their sweet partnership certainly helped them stand out

Reactions: 18
OK so I've watched Helen's CC back a couple of times now just to confirm my initial thoughts on it - I know it's easy for me to say, sat here in my pyjamas on a Sunday morning, but I think it was a lot of style over substance. It LOOKED impressive but the actual steps themselves don't seem to be technically that difficult? 🤔 And there's not a lot actually IN there, there's quite a lot of - as Len would put it - faffin' abaht.

Reactions: 23
I’m not getting the rage on the social media comments…..🤣🤣🤣 Fleur or Molly were never winning.

Reactions: 8
OK so I've watched Helen's CC back a couple of times now just to confirm my initial thoughts on it - I know it's easy for me to say, sat here in my pyjamas on a Sunday morning, but I think it was a lot of style over substance. It LOOKED impressive but the actual steps themselves don't seem to be technically that difficult? 🤔 And there's not a lot actually IN there, there's quite a lot of - as Len would put it - faffin' abaht.
Exactly. Although I enjoyed it as it was a big middle finger to her ex, if you take that element out it wouldn't really have the same impact

Reactions: 10
It did seem to take a while for the actual dancing to start in Helen’s CC, but I thought once it got going it looked great.
My one criticism was that I always felt like her arms were a bit “stiff”.

I’d be quite happy for the producers to be brave and shake up the lineup by not renewing some contracts.

Over the last 2/3 years, they’ve brought in some fantastic professionals: Jowita, Vito, Carlos, Nikita, Kai, Nancy (and Lauren who I’d love to see get a partner next year). They’re likely to be the ones who dominate over the next few years and this series has really highlighted their talent and personalities.

2015/16 had a lot of change with Ola, Kristina, Aliona, Natalie, Joanne and Tristan all going while Gorka, Gio, Oti, AJ and Katya all joined and it feels like time for that change again. We’ve gained lots of fab new pros and while some pros have left recently - Janette, Aljaz, Oti, Anton - I wouldn’t be sad to see some more go.

Reactions: 11
I do agree. I still think Kym would have danced it better. I wonder how well it would have gone down without Helen's emotional backstop making the song an obvious duck You and Neil in a corset instead of Gorka.

Reactions: 6
I’m not getting the rage on the social media comments…..🤣🤣🤣 Fleur or Molly were never winning.
I felt like Fleur picked up a bigger following the longer she stayed in. I did think she had a chance last night; I thought it would be between her and Helen.

Reactions: 4
Just seen this comment on DS

"As for Hamza he will never be an other Attenborough let’s hope he is as nice as he has been promoting himself to be but I have my doubts I’m not sure the shy modest persona is real I think he has played the public and has a ruthless streak he will certainly capitalise commercially on this win but will the public stay in love with him ? Time will tell"

I replied

"I bet Hamza trapped that poor Robin just so he could film himself releasing it and get more public love!!!

I'm sorry, but I've never seen anything remotely close to 'ruthless' in Hamza. He probably thinks the word means to 'be without someone called Ruth'.

How utterly preposterous."

Honestly, some people.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
Gilkison was definitely involved with Fleur's as he popped up in the VT (but then hers was the best of the 4 - maybe Leandro and Maria did most of it). I think it's LadyLav who said that he is in overall charge of them, which I guess makes sense though he didn't seem to be involved in the others from their posts.

Reposting this link to the fan edit - right at the end you see Graz gesticulating to Gio - Gio is on his way to console Gorka first and it looks like Graz is saying 'get over here and congratulate Hamza!' Gio ignores him and goes to Gorka and then on the show footage you see him coming back round and Graz grabbing him and having a go. I wonder if he was annoyed at the Gorka favouritism though in Gio's defence, apart from Gorka being one of his best pals, there were already 20 people around Hamza and Jowita.

idk, it does look a smidge odd, but if it was an argument it was a bloody short one! I think they were most likely just being very Italian with the hand gestures.

Reactions: 2
Gorka is constantly clapping the winners. He looks disappointed but he's still clapping. It's okay to feel disappointed as much as it's okay to feel overjoyed.

Someone commented on how Gemma looked sat in the audience, like she should have made more effort and looked like she'd come straight from a play centre with Mia - bleeping cracked me up.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Sorry for the long post, I’m still reading the last thread so imagine it’s lots of mini posts 😂.

The final was a bit of an anticlimax for me really but it normally is. I didn’t have a dog in the race but towards the end of the series I wanted Hamza to win so I’m pleased they got the glitterball. I understand Gorka’s disappointment but he is a Strictly veteran and like Nancy the other night, he should have done better as a Pro. I didn’t expect him to be there this year and I do think he’ll leave now. I think Helen knew they were unlikely to win and it relaxed her a bit.

Fleur was rightly top of the leaderboard on the night, I agree with the poster who said she knows how to channel her nerves. I thought they were gracious in defeat and while I don’t see what others see in Vito, he was genuinely pleased for Hamza and Jowita. He’s going to win one year, 100%.

Molly didn’t look massively impressed but there was no way she was winning. I thought she had accepted she doesn’t really have a fanbase but I wonder if she found it easier to say people didn’t vote because they thought she’d be safe.

It was lovely to see all the families cheering on the other contestants too.

I didn’t really like any of the showdances but if I had to pick one I would say Helen’s.

I’m glad we got through the series without someone withdrawing and NOT ONE CONTESTANT DANCED WITHOUT SHOES 🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳

I couldn’t sleep last night and made the mistake of going on Facebook and Instagram Strictly accounts. bleeping hell, I won’t be doing that again. I’ve never been on the DS forum but this feels like a ‘safe’ space to be honest and unless a line is crossed, accepted. I have to be honest though, I think there has been a lot of gate keeping for Fleur here even when there hasn’t been a hint of nefarious reasons for the comments. I get why but I don’t think it’s fair to compare here to cesspits and assume that everyone is coming from a bad place.

Kinell, I feel like Gwyneth Paltrow at the Oscars but I’d like to say that I have loved sharing this year with you guys again. I have needed an escape from life more than ever lately and this has been the distraction I’ve needed. I’ll never be able to look at the word mardy and not laugh, I’ll never be able to see Tony Adams without remembering I’ve seen his spangly boxer shorts and I’ll always be grateful to people who keep my ‘How’s Trish’ obsession alive. So thank you all, I’m grateful to a mainly fab group of strangers who have made me laugh and cry over the last few months ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Last nights final felt so long and I was watching a bit behind so was able to fast forward bits. Didn’t they used to have one celeb who would go out half way through the final and miss out on doing one dance?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.