Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LaBlonde

VIP Member
i’m reposting myself just because i have a lot of feelings 🤣

WHAT MORE DID CRAIG WANT FROM MOLLY’S RUMBA??!

that dance should be a 40.

also thought fleur’s cc was actually improved by the no backing dancers. just being able to focus on her and vito made it much more dynamic.

but on the flip side, i thought helen’s cc struggled from the lack of backing dancers.

fleur honestly had one of the best finals i’ve seen. but she was never going to win, and i think she and vito knew it and were able to just go out and have a great time. i love their friendship.

• Heart
Reactions: 42

Fillyjonk

VIP Member
I'm gutted for Molly to be the only one who didn't get a 40 - all the 40s were deserved but she absolutely earned it for the rumba and Craig had no reason not to. She seems to be a strong, positive woman so I don't think she'll take it to heart but I will say this - for that stunning rumba, Molly was robbed.

• Heart
Reactions: 40

LowCalCalzoneZone

VIP Member
Just thinking if Strictly wanted to create the ideal female pro in a lab then it wouldn't be too far off Jowita - great teacher, lovely personality, attractive, small so can be partnered with almost anyone, can do all the crazy lifts that Janette could but with way more creativity AND is amazing at ballroom too

Reactions: 39

Fillyjonk

VIP Member
It almost ruins the show because I can’t enjoy it as much when I’m watching dance after dance be overmarked. Tyler and Hamza were two for me that were insanely overmarked, it was like Anton forgot a 7/8 was a thing post week 2
Anton has been a terrible judge this season. If he's not spouting nonsensical fake Len Goodmanisms, he's slagging off his former partners or just flashing a 10 around to be the nice guy.

• Haha
Reactions: 38

KeriRhys

VIP Member
Congratulations to Hamza and Jowita!!!
1000001496.jpg

Just like that another season over and we're left bereft having glitter withdrawals!

• Heart
Reactions: 35

soccergirl

VIP Member
The shade! Good on him.

Kaye's post-final post popped up for me: I found it really interesting. There is such a big 'journey' narrative around SCD, especially for women (look at the 'Helen gets her groove back' stuff) but what happens if it makes you feel worse? if you get the boot early, and feel like an aged failure.
I am really glad doing the final helped her get closure and feel good, and it is nice that she thanks Kai, who seems to have been a true gent.
If it's any comfort to Kaye, she wasn't a great dancer, but she looked fantastic, conducted herself with dignity, and took her exit with grace. Others could learn from her!

• Heart

Fanny Muchmore

VIP Member
Just seen this comment on DS

"As for Hamza he will never be an other Attenborough let’s hope he is as nice as he has been promoting himself to be but I have my doubts I’m not sure the shy modest persona is real I think he has played the public and has a ruthless streak he will certainly capitalise commercially on this win but will the public stay in love with him ? Time will tell"

I replied

"I bet Hamza trapped that poor Robin just so he could film himself releasing it and get more public love!!!

I'm sorry, but I've never seen anything remotely close to 'ruthless' in Hamza. He probably thinks the word means to 'be without someone called Ruth'.

How utterly preposterous."

Honestly, some people.

• Heart
  • Haha

Elleyunsun

VIP Member

Richie putting up his ‘goodbye strictly’ post and not including any pictures of Gio or even mentioning him.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34

BDY_97

VIP Member
Just looked back and my eagle eye spotted Vito being the first to run up to and hug Hamza to congratulate him. Vito was so happy for him and was smiling like he won!
#Hamzito

Ngl, was a bit disappointed that no one attempted to lift Hamza as well with Jowita. I reckon Graz and Kai would have been able to carry him on their shoulders. What's the use in posting all those topless photos of your muscular torso if you can't deliver when it matters? ...but I digress
Look at Vito in this picture 😭❤

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 34

orlyb1310

VIP Member
i’m reposting myself just because i have a lot of feelings 🤣

WHAT MORE DID CRAIG WANT FROM MOLLY’S RUMBA??!

that dance should be a 40.

also thought fleur’s cc was actually improved by the no backing dancers. just being able to focus on her and vito made it much more dynamic.

but on the flip side, i thought helen’s cc struggled from the lack of backing dancers.

fleur honestly had one of the best finals i’ve seen. but she was never going to win, and i think she and vito knew it and were able to just go out and have a great time. i love their friendship.
Fleur was fantastic and deserved to have an amazing final. I felt for her and Molly because they must’ve known that nothing they could’ve done would’ve made a difference. Ashley Roberts and Maisie Smith were in similar situations. All very strong women for holding their heads high when they knew the public weren’t on their side.

• Heart
Reactions: 33

lavendervase

VIP Member
I totally get Gorka’s disappointment. It’s his third final, he’s had amazing dancers before but never one who has connected with the public like Helen has. He thought this was his shot after being there so long. He’s a fan favourite and he is an incredible choreographer. It really was a two horse race between Helen and Hamza (unfairly because Molly and Fleur are amazing) so he did have a real shot! Then with them being higher on the leaderboard than Hamza he maybe thought it was a foregone conclusion. He’s the oldest pro left standing the other 3 were in their first year, he’s a huge social media following. This is his profession, it’s like when you see someone at the Olympics not coming first they’re gutted it doesn’t make them unhappy for the winner but they’re gutted for themselves.
Being a gifted dancer is amazing but it doesn’t necessarily mean a glittering career and he’s put his heart and soul in to this series. He’s the only pro left with a child who he clearly adores ans he’s had to leave her so much, it’s a huge sacrifice. I even think back to 2020 when he was in the final with Maisie and they had to bubble and he wasn’t allowed to see Gemma or Mia at all for months and he lost then too. It must sting.
He’s posted about Hamza and Jowita and he seems like a great guy so I’m sure he is delighted for them but gutted for himself.
Like I’ve said before judging by his reaction, Gemma’s reaction and the other pros I think this is him done now.

• Heart
Reactions: 31

LowCalCalzoneZone

VIP Member
I totally get Gorka’s disappointment. It’s his third final, he’s had amazing dancers before but never one who has connected with the public like Helen has. He thought this was his shot after being there so long. He’s a fan favourite and he is an incredible choreographer. It really was a two horse race between Helen and Hamza (unfairly because Molly and Fleur are amazing) so he did have a real shot! Then with them being higher on the leaderboard than Hamza he maybe thought it was a foregone conclusion. He’s the oldest pro left standing the other 3 were in their first year, he’s a huge social media following. This is his profession, it’s like when you see someone at the Olympics not coming first they’re gutted it doesn’t make them unhappy for the winner but they’re gutted for themselves.
Being a gifted dancer is amazing but it doesn’t necessarily mean a glittering career and he’s put his heart and soul in to this series. He’s the only pro left with a child who he clearly adores ans he’s had to leave her so much, it’s a huge sacrifice. I even think back to 2020 when he was in the final with Maisie and they had to bubble and he wasn’t allowed to see Gemma or Mia at all for months and he lost then too. It must sting.
He’s posted about Hamza and Jowita and he seems like a great guy so I’m sure he is delighted for them but gutted for himself.
Like I’ve said before judging by his reaction, Gemma’s reaction and the other pros I think this is him done now.
I agree, but I don't think he's going to leave. I was just listening to Helen's 5live show and they had him phone in and were both in good spirits - they all had a laugh about Gorka's 'Joey Tribbiani face' and Gorka said that of course he's really happy for Hamza and Jowita, but as a pro, they just care so much and love their jobs so much that he was just disappointed for Helen and that he couldn't get her the last cherry on top of the cake. But he sounded fine really

Helen was also laughing about how when she turned up at the reception this morning and their was a 12 foot screen of Hamza holding the glitterball and she just thought 'TOO SOON!'

But fair play to her for turning up for work and sounding chirpy on the radio when she must be immensely hungover 😆

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30

hughjars

Just want to wish you all a Merry Christmas if you celebrate, and if you don’t, or this is a tough time of year for whatever reason I’ll be thinking about you.

• Heart
Reactions: 29

Lostcat

Chatty Member
I had an emergency just after the first set of dances (my neighbour had to go to A&E and I had to go sit with her kids until their gran could come pick them up, all is well now)

I managed to get through the remaining 2 hours of the programme in a mere 37 minutes via sensible use of the fast forward button, it was great.😅

Reasonably pleased Hamza won, despite the mistakes, though Fleur properly beasted it in terms of sheer dancing style, and Molly and Helen also damn good!

Hamza seems a dear sweet man, and I'm sure the exposure will do him the world of good (and the money will help too, not sure how well Cbeebies presenter pays but from his talk on that Channel 4 film last year I don't think he was exactly rolling in it)

Laughed my head off at the Annual Finale Celeb Car Crash Dance. Especially Ellie T, and Kym bouncing out the hospital bed. 😂

Pleased for Jowita, Carlos and Vito, who have had a cracking start to thir Strictly careers, and a wee bit sad for Gorka.

I hope they all have a lovely afterparty and their hangovers are mild!

• Heart
Reactions: 29