Strictly Come Dancing 2022 #35

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think showdances used to be more exciting when you were only allowed lifts in the American Smooth. There’d only be a couple of Argentine Tangos a year too so basically no lifts until the showdance. I’m sure lifts in the Salsa is only a recent thing too. We have Charleston as a main dance as well as CC so very little unseen moves to put in the showdance. I can think of about 5 memorable showdances since the beginning of Strictly.

Reactions: 8
I've been surprised at the amount of 'Helen was robbed' posts I've seen on social media today. I found Helen to be a pretty average dancer most weeks (even their couple's choice) and her party latin dances in particular were often lacklustre. Her show dance last night felt like the first dance at a wedding rather than something from the final of Strictly.

Reactions: 20
But fair play to her for turning up for work and sounding chirpy on the radio when she must be immensely hungover 😆
Helen is made of stainless steel and titanium, honestly. Three kids, a radio job, Countryfile, that Life on the Farm show, various other presenting jobs, and Strictly! A mere hangover will not stop Helen Skelton! I have the greatest admiration for her energy, her stamina and her professionalism.

Actually, same for all the finalists, they put their all into it last night. I hope it leads to more success for them in their chosen fields, and that when wee Molly wakes up this morning cuddling the Tiny Shoes she nicked out of Shirleys' dressing room during the afterparty, she does not panic too badly and can safely return them to Madam Ballas without incident

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Ultimately did all the people who wanted someone else win vote for them ? If not then tough. It is a popularity contest not a dancing one.

Reactions: 5
Ultimately did all the people who wanted someone else win vote for them ? If not then tough. It is a popularity contest not a dancing one.
Yep, don't complain if you didn't vote.

Oh, and Helen just pretty much said she is doing the tour too 😆
I wonder if she is going to do it with Gorka. His own tour starts on the 23rd February, so things will be tight for him because he has to rehearse for it. The Strictly tour ends like over a week before Firedance starts.

Do they ever release the vote score so we can see how they were positioned and how close it actually was ...or wasn't?

Reactions: 1
Dianne developed a loony following after she became partnered with Joe and it sort of stuck. The thing is she’s not that good and isn’t even a proper ballroom dancer, her background is in a discipline called Australian New Vogue which is sequenced group dancing. She will probably never win even if she was partnered with the biggest male ringer ever, she just isn’t good enough.
She's an Australian open champion.

Reactions: 4
Dianne developed a loony following after she became partnered with Joe and it sort of stuck. The thing is she’s not that good and isn’t even a proper ballroom dancer, her background is in a discipline called Australian New Vogue which is sequenced group dancing. She will probably never win even if she was partnered with the biggest male ringer ever, she just isn’t good enough.
I agree, her technique is quite sloppy at times and I feel she gets left behind a bit at times in group dances, her choreography never stands out for me. She’s also very bitter whenever she is put out, her and max george had to be the most awkward pairing ever.

Reactions: 3

What you talking about she studied ballroom and Latin dancing?!??

I do think some people on here are actually more obsessed with her than her actual fans 😆

What you talking about she studied ballroom and Latin dancing?!??

I do think some people on here are actually more obsessed with her than her actual fans 😆
Fact is she isn’t a patch on Katya, Nadia or even Amy though it pains me to say it.

• Haha
Which Australian Open did Dianne win? I know she was a Western Australian Open champion in New Vogue, but that was a State championship, when did she win a National title?

Do they ever release the vote score so we can see how they were positioned and how close it actually was ...or wasn't?
They've never done this before, which I always find annoying - especially since they stopped announcing fourth and third places and who was runner up.
It find it really odd that we know who placed 15th, 14th etc. but we don't know who came 2nd.

Reactions: 9
They've never done this before, which I always find annoying - especially since they stopped announcing fourth and third places and who was runner up.
It find it really odd that we know who placed 15th, 14th etc. but we don't know who came 2nd.
I would be curious to know how close it actually was or if Hamza was a sure winner from the start 🤔

Thats fine if thats your opinion; she will most likely be asked back regardless.
Of course she will. She’s popular and if Janette can be asked back year after year despite being rubbish at everything apart from salsa then Dianne will. I like Janette as a person, but she ruined the chances of quite a few ringers who should have gone further.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I agree, but I don't think he's going to leave. I was just listening to Helen's 5live show and they had him phone in and were both in good spirits - they all had a laugh about Gorka's 'Joey Tribbiani face' and Gorka said that of course he's really happy for Hamza and Jowita, but as a pro, they just care so much and love their jobs so much that he was just disappointed for Helen and that he couldn't get her the last cherry on top of the cake. But he sounded fine really

Helen was also laughing about how when she turned up at the reception this morning and their was a 12 foot screen of Hamza holding the glitterball and she just thought 'TOO SOON!'

But fair play to her for turning up for work and sounding chirpy on the radio when she must be immensely hungover 😆
aww I listened too and when she said “every pro was desperate for him to win” I got quite emotional!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.