Strictly Come Dancing 2022 #35

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've been surprised at the amount of 'Helen was robbed' posts I've seen on social media today. I found Helen to be a pretty average dancer most weeks (even their couple's choice) and her party latin dances in particular were often lacklustre. Her show dance last night felt like the first dance at a wedding rather than something from the final of Strictly.
So am I. I liked Helen a lot, have been rooting for her all along and would have been happy if she or Hamza had won but people are acting like she was the best dancer and she wasn’t. That would be Fleur, who unlike certain other people looked delighted for Hamza.

Reactions: 17
Has anyone seen Karen's latest IG post, a bunch of photos from this season as it was her 11th one...Jayde doesn't even feature 😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
I'm curious to see what Jowita would be like with other partners in the future.

Hamza had good dances but it strikes me his best two dances were choreographed by outside choreographers. He was the weakest out of the four last night as well; he definitely had good dances throughout the competition but some of his worst dances and mistakes were covered by his nice personality and the judges not giving him proper critique and overmarking. I still remember Anton critiquing Hamza saying his bottom half was not good for his AT and still giving it a 9?!?! When the AT is all about the leg action! It would interesting to see if she got someone who couldn't lift or do lifts as well as Hamza did; I know its a technique Janette relied on quite a few time during her time as a pro.

I know a lot of people want to see Katya with a ringer in the future but personally I don't see TPTB let that happen.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I would recommend avoiding the FB page of my local newspaper. Apparantly, you can only win Strictly if you're black.

I mean, they have a point. I'm wracking my brains trying to think of the last white winner 🤔
Imagine embarrassing yourself publicly like this (not you, the fb nutters). I guess the literal millions of voters were in cahoots with the mysterious, woke Strictly higher ups to pull off this master plan? You just know these people lead miserable, miserable lives.

Reactions: 7
Not to mention that if the show was pushing anyone last night - it was Helen. She got the pimp slot right before voting opened, and at the end Craig was saying 'that is the dance that deserves to win' - not to mention the reaction of the pros etc. Just shows the dastardly power of the Woke Agenda! Anyway, Helen seemed to be having a great time at the afterparty, I doubt she's bothered bar wanting Gorka to win it.

Arduino was involved in Hamzas showdance too, despite the Bafta I find him a boring choreographer.

My dearest wish (which won't happen!) is they clear out the whole Choreo team leave just the AT couple and maybe Beth.
The Pro dances have been dreadful this year and the dances choregraphed by the professional choreographers have been really weak, all the best dances this season have been choregraphed by the Pros. They need to give the Pros more control and freedom over the dances.

I really hope Neil moves back into the Pro choreo team, despite not shining with his celebs, the Pro dances were better when he was on the team.
Totally agree with this. Think it's a case of too many cooks spoiling the broth. The standard was far higher when the pros were given the sole responsibility for choreographing the routines for the celeb. They know their partner inside out and have a much better understanding of what they are capable of. I think the celebs made much clearer progression this way. The choreo team should be only there to consult with our all advice from.

I like Arduino but don't find his and Ashleighs choreo very exciting. Even the Bafta winning CC last year was really weak and the only thing that made it a success was the silent moment.

Reactions: 7
Apparently James Jordan ran a poll on his Twitter feed last night which had Helen as the runaway winner, he commented that his polls are usually pretty accurate.
I’d like to echo @LennyBriscoe and say thank you to the people in this thread for getting me through some tough days. Many of you are utterly hilarious, and have made me properly laugh.
Anyway which celebrities would you like to see announced in 2023?

• Heart
Reactions: 10
i’ve been hoping for max whitlock for years 🤣 it clashed with commentary duties this year so i’m hoping next year 🤞🏻 gymnasts tend to be decent on this show and i feel he would be great!

in a magical world though, tom holland and/or aidan turner. i know past dance experience would make them the ringiest of ringers but still 🤣

Reactions: 2
Apparently James Jordan ran a poll on his Twitter feed last night which had Helen as the runaway winner, he commented that his polls are usually pretty accurate.
I’d like to echo @LennyBriscoe and say thank you to the people in this thread for getting me through some tough days. Many of you are utterly hilarious, and have made me properly laugh.
So, that FB page was right after all! It WAS a fix 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I have absolutely loved the threads here. I only discovered Tattle earlier on this year and adore the Strictly threads, I read back over the old ones one night and was cackling 🤣!

I loved the dance last night where all the eliminated dancers appeared one by one, in the order that they were eliminated. I definitely want to watch that one again. Apart from Jayde, they were a nice group this year and worked very hard. They also seemed to get on very well.

I am delighted for Hamza and Jowita!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
This is so lovely:
Molly is an absolute delight. I hate that the british public put her through so many undeserved dance offs, but she came back fighting every single time! They will all have a blast on tour.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I wonder if she is going to do it with Gorka. His own tour starts on the 23rd February, so things will be tight for him because he has to rehearse for it. The Strictly tour ends like over a week before Firedance starts.
He might do a Gio like last year, who hadn’t really planned to, but ended up doing it (probably in large part because they won and he wanted to milk the glory, fair enough).

I could see Helen and Gorka on tour being the Joe and Dianne of their tour and winning it, but as they didn’t win maybe he’ll protect his body after last year’s injuries as she’ll be fine with another pro (Graziano?)

Reactions: 1
I totally get Gorka being really disappointed for all the reasons people have said (although he should have done a slightly better job at plastering a fake smile on).
He's been in the final 3 times and I really respect him for the way he works with his celeb. I've said before that I like how he doesn't play a game like some of the others - there's no showmance, no lying about their experience, no disrespecting previous partners and he doesn't use gimmicks (except maybe his butt this year) or make fun of his partners dance skills. He talks about how hard his celeb is working but doesn't lay it on thick about how they work harder than everyone else. He just gets in the studio and works hard with them, building up their skills. He's also one of the pro who goes on to support his ex partners publicly after the show.
So it must really sting for him to see others who have won through playing those games.

• Heart
What has happened to the showdances the past couple of years? It can't be blamed on covid cos even in 2020 there was bigger staging, themes and more impressive choreo. Where has it all gone!?
Thought the group dance was a bit lacklustre as well.
Sad as they're the best bits about the final! They need to make a comeback next year!

Also didn't like having the showdance second. Meant I was bored by the time they were doing the third dances. So much needs to be improved about strictly and its so obvious what needs to change surely the producers can see it!

Reactions: 8
I think this is Gorka’s last year judging by his reaction, Gemma’s reaction and the other pros. He deserved a glitter ball.
I don't think he deserved it any more than Jowita just because he's been there a long time. They both put in the time and effort with their celeb.

Reactions: 14
Lool Rylan's insta story of the pros reacting to Hamza winning is so subdued 😳
Just looked - you can see Nadiya hopping up and down and then.. just stop when they announce Hamza, and politely applaud. They really wanted Gorka to do it. Also Tony turns round with quite a shocked look on his face..

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Bottom 3 would likely be the following - Kai & Nadiya with one of the nice ballrooms, Michelle & Cameron doing whatever styles the youth does these days (with poor Cameron out of sync) and Neil & Dianne can do street/hip hop.

Gio & Lauren and Gorka & Karen would probably pair together since they already dance with each other on tours. Nikita & Carlos were fire! If Nikita danced with a female pro in this though, I'd say Katya since they are the two most batsh*t pros of the lineup.

Nikita and Katya, what a pairing, both have that watchability. As we have all said before Katya is so innovative, Jowita is catching her up though with her lifts. I am amazed that Katya doesn't have her own theatre show on the road by now. I know it may not be to everyone's taste but her and Gio would have a major following and would sell tickets if they had a show together.

Surprised that Kai and Nadiya have their own show lined up, with both going out so early this year they have hardly been at the forefront to drum up ticket sales. More time on their hands to pull the dances together though. After a great first year we have not seen much of Kai, his choreography was so good last year. As for Nadiya I see nothing but a grinning, posturing 'look at me' dancer, who gives nothing in addition to her dancing, am still looking for some personality which all the other dancers give in abundance, on their social media too. Lauren and her wonderful brummie accent must have a partner next year. All the newbies have been brilliant, Vito and Carlos, what a first year giving it large with their personalities and so much fun. Pros have to be more in the forefront, gone are the days when they say nothing and just teach.

Reactions: 5
Agree!! Hamza was the weakest dancer, but Strictly is not just about the dancing as we know. Would have loved Gorka and Helen to win but it was still nice to see Hamza win. He's such a lovely chap and great role model.

I would have been FEWMIN if someone like Mardy, Jayde or a Kevin Clifton type had won. I reckon Helen has got a lot out of Strictly and she'll continue to rise.

Edit: get rid of Dianne or Amy next year & replace with Lauren
I felt that Hamza was a far better dancer than Helen, but what do I know

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.