Strictly Come Dancing 2022 #35

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Dianne developed a loony following after she became partnered with Joe and it sort of stuck. The thing is she’s not that good and isn’t even a proper ballroom dancer, her background is in a discipline called Australian New Vogue which is sequenced group dancing. She will probably never win even if she was partnered with the biggest male ringer ever, she just isn’t good enough.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
Gorka is constantly clapping the winners. He looks disappointed but he's still clapping. It's okay to feel disappointed as much as it's okay to feel overjoyed.

Someone commented on how Gemma looked sat in the audience, like she should have made more effort and looked like she'd come straight from a play centre with Mia - bleeping cracked me up.
Haha I thought that ! Hair in a messy ponytail and no obvious make up 😂 considering it was the final, it was abit odd, think that’s her way though.

Reactions: 5
Last nights final felt so long and I was watching a bit behind so was able to fast forward bits. Didn’t they used to have one celeb who would go out half way through the final and miss out on doing one dance?
They used to turf off the 4th place before the show dances but I can’t remember when that last happened

Reactions: 6
Dianne developed a loony following after she became partnered with Joe and it sort of stuck. The thing is she’s not that good and isn’t even a proper ballroom dancer, her background is in a discipline called Australian New Vogue which is sequenced group dancing. She will probably never win even if she was partnered with the biggest male ringer ever, she just isn’t good enough.
This is interesting, didn’t know this. I agree.
I always think she sometimes massively over dances too and is very in your face. No light and shade.

Reactions: 7
Very happy that Hamza won! It’s so boring, Every year saying it is a fix! Thousands and thousands vote and just because you might of known 3 people who voted for Helen does not mean it was a fix 😂

Already of sick of Kai and Nadiya though!

Reactions: 10
Haha I thought that ! Hair in a messy ponytail and no obvious make up 😂 considering it was the final, it was abit odd, think that’s her way though.
I actually like this about Gemma - she's very no frills and genuinely doesn't seem to care about her appearance. I just wish she'd stop using Mia to make money.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
This is interesting, didn’t know this. I agree.
I always think she sometimes massively over dances too and is very in your face. No light and shade.
They went through a phase about ten years ago where they hired a lot of dancers from Burn the Floor who didn’t have any real ballroom or Latin training. So the likes of Karen, Alijaz, Janette and Robin. Kevin was the exception as he was in BTF but did have the ballroom training. This then changed and they started hiring proper ballroom and Latin dancers again.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Had to have a bit of a rant at the DS posters (not that it will do any good, I know). They're acting like Hamza's dances were shite and he still won only because he's popular. Yes, he's popular, but he only had a wobble in the showdance, and he picked it straight back up again. His other dances were amazing. Know who else didn't have a good showdance? Their precious Helen and Gorka 🙄 (And Molly).

Reactions: 10
Anton has been a terrible judge this season. If he's not spouting nonsensical fake Len Goodmanisms, he's slagging off his former partners or just flashing a 10 around to be the nice guy.
I really enjoyed him last year, then this year he's gone mad. The judges scores are almost pointless. Sometimes his feedback is constructive, but its never followed up in the scores, so they forget the feedback!

Reactions: 8
Very happy that Hamza won! It’s so boring, Every year saying it is a fix! Thousands and thousands vote and just because you might of known 3 people who voted for Helen does not mean it was a fix 😂

Already of sick of Kai and Nadiya though!
Its so silly, and happens every year. If it was down to pure dancing ability, Fleur or Molly would have won, not Helen. Its as if its a surprise that the best dancer doesn't win because of some BBC plot or other. If you're that upset, complain to Ofcom or try and trigger an investigation into voting fraud. ITV got done for that in the past. Its possible to do.

Reactions: 6
The Burn The Floor pros are actually trained ballroom/latin dancers, except for Janette & Karen (the latter's background has always been unclear), they all competed in it growing up. Just that I think most of them weren't getting anywhere with their competitive careers and went for the showy stuff instead once they hit adulthood.

They did hire a lot of weak pros in the 6 years that Louise Rainbow was the producer. For all that I hate Sarah James' idea of how the show should be with the overproduction and emotional crap, most of the pros taken on in her tenure have been much of a better standard and they've all shown up the older pros already even though they've only done a year or two. There's a reason why Oti, Katya & Giovanni dominated the years pre COVID.

Reactions: 8
On reflection, if Helen couldn’t take it with the Showdance mistake from Hamza, going last in the running order, Gorka being in his third final, all her justified public goodwill and doing her Mein Herr moment, she was never going to take it.

Reactions: 23
Why are Dianne fans so salty about Jowita? I've noticed it before and can't understand what it could possibly be based on other than Jowita perhaps daring to be shorter.

View attachment 1815246
Surely they have contradicted themselves in the last sentence? Its about the contestants, but they are talking about the professionals deserving to win, when they dont know who they are being partnered with!

Reactions: 3
Why are Dianne fans so salty about Jowita? I've noticed it before and can't understand what it could possibly be based on other than Jowita perhaps daring to be shorter.

View attachment 1815246
That poster has proper issues. I feel sorry for them more than anything else, they post often about how they are panicking about Nadiya and whether or not she'll get dumped for not doing well enough. It seems like the show almost flares up whatever anxiety they have.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Possibly because it was supposed to be Dianne's year - she got the best male dancer going in. But also, Hamza could easily have been partnered with Dianne so maybe there's some twisted logic going on there, in that they think Jowita somehow stole Dianne's chance?

For what it's worth, I reckon Hamza might have won without Jowita, but her creativity/ability with the lifts and their sweet partnership certainly helped them stand out
Jowita I thought was brilliant, but the fact that Hamza could throw her around at will and she was so smiley helped a lot. It will be interesting to see her next year with another pro.

Reactions: 9
Bottom 3 would likely be the following - Kai & Nadiya with one of the nice ballrooms, Michelle & Cameron doing whatever styles the youth does these days (with poor Cameron out of sync) and Neil & Dianne can do street/hip hop.

Gio & Lauren and Gorka & Karen would probably pair together since they already dance with each other on tours. Nikita & Carlos were fire! If Nikita danced with a female pro in this though, I'd say Katya since they are the two most batsh*t pros of the lineup.
BiB - okay Gramps 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I actually like this about Gemma - she's very no frills and genuinely doesn't seem to care about her appearance. I just wish she'd stop using Mia to make money.
Eh, I generally don't think she's too bad with overexposing Mia, but it did rub me the wrong way with them making such a big deal out of the Will thing. That's gonna embarrass the poor little thing so bad when she gets older.

I hope she doesn't continue too far down that influencer route and become like Lindsey and Witney from DWTS. I've recently unfollowed them, couldn't take how unbelievably gross they are about shoving a camera in their 1 year olds faces 24/7 anymore. Every bloody day it's 15 slides of ads for overpriced makeup and ugly clothes, then 15 slides of every moment their baby moved, talked or breathed. And if they go more than about 12 hours without posting a video of the babies, then they're all 'oh em gee you guuuyyyssss 😭 I'm so sorry I've been so bad about posting today, everything's just been crazy busy! I promise I'll do better!' :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.