Strictly Come Dancing 2022 #35

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Gorka joined the year after Gio. I think Karen might go but I can see the rest staying.
I can't see Gio being back either. Vito has taken over his old role as the star Italian pro and I don't think he has the patience to handle regular duffers/middlers with no chance of winning.

Reactions: 15
My random thoughts from tonight, as I can't keep up with the thread during the show:

Considering people kept complaining this was a lacklustre series, I thought that was a brilliant final. I enjoyed every single dance. Fleur was the best of the night imo, I love that she knew she had no chance yet performed as passionately as ever. Molly's 2 past routines were also incredible but showdance was underwhelming (and the return of the red washing up gloves from that pro dance a few weeks ago??) Helen and Hamza showdances also a bit underwhelming although I really enjoyed Hamza's.

I voted for Hamza as I knew it was a 2 horse race and I'm delighted for him and Jowita. I'm baffled that a lot of people online are saying Helen was robbed, I'm no professional but I felt that she was the weakest dancer tonight- surely if anyone was robbed, it was Fleur or Molly??

Very telling that when the winners were announced, Fleur/Vito and Molly/Carlos were looking at them and clapping but Helen and Gorka turned and hugged each other- they knew it was a 2 horse race. Agree that Gorka knew Helen is that rare female contestant who has a chance- similar to Stacey Dooley but far, far more likeable imo. Helen looked happy for H&J while Gorka looked miserable

• Heart
Reactions: 22
When Craig was joking with Helen that her finger wasn't right in the CC and the pros were booing, he looked up and said 'be quiet darling your time is over!' and I'm taking pleasure in believing he was talking to Gio 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I can't see Gio being back either. Vito has taken over his old role as the star Italian pro and I don't think he has the patience to handle regular duffers/middlers with no chance of winning.
Agreed, he’s very competitive and I think after rose he’s lost his love for it.

Reactions: 6
As I said earlier I was out tonight and am now wathcing the final.

I know this is a recurring theme, but please, please, PLEASE, can we get rid of that screechy female singer (hayley???) She is god awful.

Who the hell is responsible for her being on strictly to murder so many songs??? It's baffling!!! And infuriating!!!

Reactions: 16
I think this is Gorka’s last year judging by his reaction, Gemma’s reaction and the other pros. He deserved a glitter ball.

Reactions: 9
Considering people kept complaining this was a lacklustre series, I thought that was a brilliant final. I enjoyed every single dance.
Completely agree. Took me a while to get into it at the beginning, and thought something was missing after the past few years ( and would definitely make some changes i.e. sack Gilkinson, get rid of sob stories and make the judges scores actually reflect the dancing), but was watching tonight and thinking that I actually really enjoyed this series overall and liked a lot of the partnerships.

It was a cracking final where it wasn't clear who would win. Loved that the series had some beautiful authentic partnerships instead of nonsense showmances that steal the limelight. Loved that nearly every celeb had highs and lows and a standout dance during the series.

Reactions: 10
I think this is Gorka’s last year judging by his reaction, Gemma’s reaction and the other pros. He deserved a glitter ball.
If it is then I’m torn between respecting him or thinking he’s an idiot for not milking it. 3 time finalist who’s a fan favourite that’s last chance to win with the female celeb that’s found her confidence again after cheating. They’d have won it if they’d pushed all the right buttons.

Reactions: 7
On performance on the night, it should have been Helen or Fleur to win, imo.
But all audience participation shows are popularity contests, hence the vote closing so soon after the final dance, imo (barely any time for anyone swayed towards Helen after her last dance to get their votes in) - people vote for their favourite, not the best performance on the night.
I’m really pleased for Hamza, but to be honest, I’ve felt he’s been over marked at times. He’s very graceful for a bigger man, and that carried him a long way with the judges. He seems lovely and I’m glad he won, but the ending seemed rushed and strange; He didn’t seem to be getting many congratulations from everyone at the end -
and I thought both Helen and Gorka looked gutted; Helen maybe on Gorka’s behalf.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Where is the video where the pros were announced? I didn't watch the launch show, was it on that?

Do you think the final would be better if they just dropped the showdance altogether and just had everyone do 1 Latin, 1 ballroom and 1 couple's choice (to be saved for the final) that way it would be a more fair playing field? And no-one's CC would be forced into a horrid theme week tune either.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I'm so happy! It's not often my favourites win. I mean I was happy with Rose winning last year, but no one else ever had a chance so it wasn't exactly exciting.

A bit gutted for Gorka, that was probably his last chance and almost any other year Helen would have been his winner, but it was the right winner for me. Helen just didn't have 'it'.

Furious Molly didn't get a 40 for her rumba. Hamza deserved a 40 for his salsa too.

I don't think Fleur or Helen's Couple's Choices, especially Helen's, worked very well without the backing dances and were stupid choices for the final. Also fuming that they got 40s and Molly didn't, her rumba and quickstep should both have been 40.

Can Gilkinson be put on the next rocket to Mars and never return please? Some of those showdances should have been better. I don't think any of them were as tit as Rose and John's though, so that's something.

Fleur's showdance was the best. It's a shame she had basically no chance of winning.

I like that Molly and Carlos did something a bit different, but it was a bit messy in places. I'm blaming Carlos for that to a certain extent. That spin that was well out of time, for example. He should have known she couldn't possibly spin as fast as him and toned it down a bit, but it's his first year, I'm sure he'll learn.

I really wish Hamza's showdance had been amazing, and it's such a shame about the mistake. I still liked it, but it didn't feel spectacular enough for a showdance, it was basically just an American Smooth. Bloody Gilkinson. At least he let him actually dance though, unlike Rose's boring swaying about.

Helen's showdance was pretty good, but once again, just a bit bland and a bit stiff. Gorka's arse was again the star of the show and some of that has to be down to her. His arse has always been amazing but I've never had this much trouble paying attention to any of his partner's before. I have to force myself to look at her, and I 90% of the time my reaction is just 😐 .

Reactions: 7
I'm so happy! It's not often my favourites win. I mean I was happy with Rose winning last year, but no one else ever had a chance so it wasn't exactly exciting.

A bit gutted for Gorka, that was probably his last chance and almost any other year Helen would have been his winner, but it was the right winner for me. Helen just didn't have 'it'.

Furious Molly didn't get a 40 for her rumba. Hamza deserved a 40 for his salsa too.

I don't think Fleur or Helen's Couple's Choices, especially Helen's, worked very well without the backing dances and were stupid choices for the final. Also fuming that they got 40s and Molly didn't, her rumba and quickstep should both have been 40.

Can Gilkinson be put on the next rocket to Mars and never return please? Some of those showdances should have been better. I don't think any of them were as tit as Rose and John's though, so that's something.

Fleur's showdance was the best. It's a shame she had basically no chance of winning.

I like that Molly and Carlos did something a bit different, but it was a bit messy in places. I'm blaming Carlos for that to a certain extent. That spin that was well out of time, for example. He should have known she couldn't possibly spin as fast as him and toned it down a bit, but it's his first year, I'm sure he'll learn.

I really wish Hamza's showdance had been amazing, and it's such a shame about the mistake. I still liked it, but it didn't feel spectacular enough for a showdance, it was basically just an American Smooth. Bloody Gilkinson. At least he let him actually dance though, unlike Rose's boring swaying about.

Helen's showdance was pretty good, but once again, just a bit bland and a bit stiff. Gorka's arse was again the star of the show and some of that has to be down to her. His arse has always been amazing but I've never had this much trouble paying attention to any of his partner's before. I have to force myself to look at her, and I 90% of the time my reaction is just 😐 .
In Jason Gilkinsons defence, he didn't choreograph the showdances. The VTs literally showed who choreographed them.

I'm bringing this post from a previous thread, I think it sums up Anton this time around.

View attachment 1814836
The bits where he’s like Oo Ello that’s what len used to be like isn’t it. But len actually made sense and we all respected Len!

As I said earlier I was out tonight and am now wathcing the final.

I know this is a recurring theme, but please, please, PLEASE, can we get rid of that screechy female singer (hayley???) She is god awful.

Who the hell is responsible for her being on strictly to murder so many songs??? It's baffling!!! And infuriating!!!
On dancing with the stars they just use the original song don’t they? And it’s so much better. I don’t feel they need the orchestra really. I’d Much rather hear a CD version of songs. Especially Beyoncé and prince 🙈

Reactions: 4
In Jason Gilkinsons defence, he didn't choreograph the showdances. The VTs literally showed who choreographed them.
Yeah, I wasn't totally sure (also, can't watch the VT's yet), but I've seen lots of people attributing Rose's boring ass showdance to Gilkinson's influence, but I know Arduino actually choreographed it.

Am I wrong in thinking that Gilkinson has ultimate creative control over all of them and influences all of them? Or is that something people have assumed/made up because he choreographs all the crappy pro dances where they just walk/jump about and pose?

Which pros have actually had a decent career afterwards? I think they are realising that unless they're settling down to start families or run a dance school at home, leaving doesn't bring them much.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.