Strictly Come Dancing 2022 #35

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think Gorka will stick around for at least one more series - he's said as much in a recent interview that he doesn't want to leave anytime soon.

If anything, I would have thought not winning this year would make him more likely to stay

Reactions: 16
I think Karen and Giovanni (possibly Diane too) might be leaving too
I think that Karen & Gio are definitely going, the signs point to it from both. I feel like Gorka will be asked back since he was a finalist with Helen but they might start phasing him out. My gut feeling is that we'll see him in 2023 but not for much longer.

I'd say that all of Neil, Dianne, Amy & Cameron should be axed though but I don't know if they will be and I feel all will come back if asked. 😕

Reactions: 8
i’m reposting myself just because i have a lot of feelings 🤣

WHAT MORE DID CRAIG WANT FROM MOLLY’S RUMBA??!

that dance should be a 40.

also thought fleur’s cc was actually improved by the no backing dancers. just being able to focus on her and vito made it much more dynamic.

but on the flip side, i thought helen’s cc struggled from the lack of backing dancers.

fleur honestly had one of the best finals i’ve seen. but she was never going to win, and i think she and vito knew it and were able to just go out and have a great time. i love their friendship.
Molly was friggin awesome. Fleur and Vito were magical. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Me and the old dear were ar Aljaz and Janette's Christmas show tonight 🎄🎄🎄

It was very good - lovely dancing and dresses. The male singer was a bit ropey and definitely not as good as the male singer in their earlier shows.

Aljaz and Janette both a crack at singing tonight. Janette has quite a pleasant voice. Aljaz - not so much 🤣🤣🤣

He mentioned he was in a film and didn't make the cut and when they talked about Janette hosting the strictly tour, he said that he didn't have any on till May!!!

You have to wonder if he regrets leaving strictly. Between the show and the tour, it's 6 months steady work, plus free publicity for your own shows.

But I suppose we'll never know.

Reactions: 17
Anton has been a terrible judge this season. If he's not spouting nonsensical fake Len Goodmanisms, he's slagging off his former partners or just flashing a 10 around to be the nice guy.
I'm bringing this post from a previous thread, I think it sums up Anton this time around.

F29727D1-3813-473D-BF07-FD2C1A06AE97.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Mollys Rumba was one of favourites this series should have been a 40 tonight. I hope Vito, Jowita and Carlos are back next year.

Karen - Yep think this was her last year. Gio I think it will depend on how his travel show goes with Anton and what other offers he gets.

Just thinking if Strictly wanted to create the ideal female pro in a lab then it wouldn't be too far off Jowita - great teacher, lovely personality, attractive, small so can be partnered with almost anyone, can do all the crazy lifts that Janette could but with way more creativity AND is amazing at ballroom too

Reactions: 39
I don't think Gorka is going yet. Next year I'd like to see him with someone he can just have fun with with no pressure to win - someone who brings out his silly side.

I don't think Gorka is going yet. Next year I'd like to see him with someone he can just have fun with with no pressure to win - someone a bit better than Katie who brings out his silly side.
Give Gorka his Judi Love type contestant! He had it with Tameka but that was his first year and he’s come out of his shell so much since then, having a celeb with that type of outgoing personality who is up for a laugh would be perfect for him.

Reactions: 10
Just looked back and my eagle eye spotted Vito being the first to run up to and hug Hamza to congratulate him. Vito was so happy for him and was smiling like he won!
#Hamzito

Ngl, was a bit disappointed that no one attempted to lift Hamza as well with Jowita. I reckon Graz and Kai would have been able to carry him on their shoulders. What's the use in posting all those topless photos of your muscular torso if you can't deliver when it matters? ...but I digress

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Just looked back and my eagle eye spotted Vito being the first to run up to and hug Hamza to congratulate him. Vito was so happy for him and was smiling like he won!
#Hamzito

Ngl, was a bit disappointed that no one attempted to lift Hamza as well with Jowita. I reckon Graz and Kai would have been able to carry him on their shoulders. What's the use in posting all those topless photos of your muscular torso if you can't deliver when it matters? ...but I digress
Look at Vito in this picture 😭❤

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I think Dianne will be axed, same with Amy. The intake was poor in 2017 and imo, nadiya, amy and Dianne are very lacklustre in comparison to the other pros, however, they won’t axe nadiya now she is the girlfriend of strictly’s new golden boy

• Wow
Reactions: 9
I think Dianne will be axed, same with Amy. The intake was poor in 2017 and imo, nadiya, amy and Dianne are very lacklustre in comparison to the other pros, however, they won’t axe nadiya now she is the girlfriend of strictly’s new golden boy
They won't get rid of Amy she is a British Champion and they need someone to steer around the 'nice young man' celeb.

I don't think Amy has a purpose any more really beyond dancing with George Webster in the Christmas show - she peaked from 2018 to 2020 and has since underperformed with both James & Tom. Now they have Lauren to fill the "British woman" role and she & Jowita can take turns partnering the "nice young men" types (just basing that on personality).

She lacks dynamism and I feel they could do with another Oti in there instead of bringing Amy back for the same old choreo again.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Jowita, Vito, Nancy, Carlos, Kai, Nikitta without a doubt will be back the are now the core of the new crop of Pros that are likely to dominate the coming years.

I would love them to give Laura a partner next year.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Neil, Karen and Gorka move on. Gorka has been there longer than Gio!

Gio is a funny one I feel like it’s time he moved on despite being groomed by Anton I don’t think he has the personality or the ego to withstand duffer duty.

Cameron he sticks out like a sore thumb it’s time he’s gently let go after years on the bench he is nowhere near the standards of the other Pros. I don’t see keeping him justifiable to the license payer Strictly isn’t dancing finishing school.

Reactions: 13
Looking at twitter I wonder what Helen’s chances of winning would have been had they performed their favourite dance first. There’s a reason she performed last because the producers know it’s a smash of a dance than will go down as iconic, but it was a bit too late when voting had already been open for about an hour.

Jowita, Vito, Nancy, Carlos, Kai, Nikitta without a doubt will be back the are now the core of the new crop of Pros that are likely to dominate the coming years.

I would love them to give Laura a partner next year.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Neil, Karen and Gorka move on. Gorka has been there longer than Gio!

Gio is a funny one I feel like it’s time he moved on despite being groomed by Anton I don’t think he has the personality or the ego to withstand duffer duty.

Cameron he sticks out like a sore thumb it’s time he’s gently let go after years on the bench he is nowhere near the standards of the other Pros. I don’t see keeping him justifiable to the license payer Strictly isn’t dancing finishing school.
Gorka joined the year after Gio. I think Karen might go but I can see the rest staying.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.