Strictly Come Dancing 2022 #35

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
See this whole give katya a ringer thing, she had a ringer, she won with a ringer, I don’t get it
I think it’s already been explained but it’s not about her winning again, it’s more to see what she can do with someone who can actually dance. I wouldn’t call Joe McFadden a ringer at all, even if he had done theatre, especially compared to others.

She’s been on duffer duty for long enough imo and as probably the best female pro, it would be a shame if she never got a Danny Mac type partner.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Mike Wozniak would be good too. I’m sure Neil Morrissey says he’s been asked more than once to do Strictly. What about Craig Parkinson from LoD

Reactions: 3
I think it’s already been explained but it’s not about her winning again, it’s more to see what she can do with someone who can actually dance. I wouldn’t call Joe McFadden a ringer at all, even if he had done theatre, especially compared to others.

She’s been on duffer duty for long enough imo and as probably the best female pro, it would be a shame if she never got a Danny Mac type partner.
being “musical theatre trained” also means nothing, the vast majority of modern musicals require very little actual dancing. i think people hear “musical theatre” and think the person is out there tap dancing up a storm in 42nd street or something. the musicals joe did required barely any dancing.

i would love for katya to get a danny mac type! if my max whitlock dream comes true i think she would work wonders with a gymnast.

Reactions: 7
Mike Wozniak would be good too. I’m sure Neil Morrissey says he’s been asked more than once to do Strictly. What about Craig Parkinson from LoD
I think Craig would be great. I’d also love Vicky or Adrian but I sense they might make him into Tony mark 2.

I’d quite like another bake off person but can’t quiet think who.

ETA: I would love Greg James but I don’t think he’d ever do it

Reactions: 4
Any thoughts on why we still don't know the full cast line up for the tour? Normally, we know by now who is doing it.

The producers will know - I imagined that they wanted another press day after the final so hopefully in the next day or two?

Sounds like Helen is doing it; Fleur the only doubt. I don't know if the fact she has announced she's released a single end Jan (in the middle of the tour) is a sign she's not doing it? I'd be gutted.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I’d quite like another bake off person but can’t quiet think who.
I always like all the Bake Off people but not sure who would be good. Chigs was lovely - I think he'd fit the show well. For someone from this year I'd pick Sandro as he'd look very nice indeed in the Latin open shirt 😆

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
So did I miss all the chat about Hamza's secret dancing past?!
If him doing a basic routine in an amateur university showcase makes him a trained dancer, then I'm an Olivier award winning actor for my stints in uni am dram. I think we have gourmet chefs, Olympic medallists and platinum singers among us too!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Just out of interest, like this comment if you actually picked up the phone and voted this series.

I know loads of people who watch Strictly but none who vote - would be interesting to see how many people on here did!

Reactions: 27
Just out of interest, like this comment if you actually picked up the phone and voted this series.

I know loads of people who watch Strictly but none who vote - would be interesting to see how many people on here did!
I did, but only online votes.

Reactions: 10

I always vote if I really like a celeb. I used to have a thing about jinxing my celeb by voting but then I realise how stupid that was. Even if my fave is in the bottom 2, at least I know that I did my part by voting for them. This year, I voted for Fleur and Vito every week.

Reactions: 5
If him doing a basic routine in an amateur university showcase makes him a trained dancer, then I'm an Olivier award winning actor for my stints in uni am dram. I think we have gourmet chefs, Olympic medallists and platinum singers among us too!
I should have put quotations around 'secret dancing past' since it was only a facetious remark... I didn't see anyone here discussing it despite the headlines I saw touting it like it was a scandal.

Reactions: 3
The producers will know - I imagined that they wanted another press day after the final so hopefully in the next day or two?

Sounds like Helen is doing it; Fleur the only doubt. I don't know if the fact she has announced she's released a single end Jan (in the middle of the tour) is a sign she's not doing it? I'd be gutted.
Maybe they are dragging out the announcements for the sake of it. The celebs would have known ages ago if they wanted to do the tour.

I should have put quotations around 'secret dancing past' since it was only a facetious remark... I didn't see anyone here discussing it despite the headlines I saw touting it like it was a scandal.
Nonsense, wasn't it! We did discuss it but on the lighthearted way mentioned above.

Lee Mack would be good even just for witty comebacks to the judges
This would actually be very entertaining to see, and I'm all for it. But probably never going to happen.
I think it's just so much more enjoyable when you have a few funny and entertaining characters who have the confidence and experience of someone like Lee.
After a few weeks, everyone tends to get all serious because it's a "competition" and blah blah. So even a comedian like Ellie T started to get too solemn later on. We need someone who can just relax, enjoy and not take themselves too seriously throughout.

Reactions: 4
I don’t think there is anything untoward with the late tour announcements but I checked back on last year and the whole line up was dropped on one day (7th Dec), and that included Gio who hadn’t originally planned to do it and the randomness that was Max George, and there were still covid restrictions that may have affected the tour around that time, so it does feel a bit weird it’s so late (particularly as they will want to push for Christmas ticket sales).

Reactions: 2
I don’t think there is anything untoward with the late tour announcements but I checked back on last year and the whole line up was dropped on one day (7th Dec), and that included Gio who hadn’t originally planned to do it and the randomness that was Max George, and there were still covid restrictions that may have affected the tour around that time, so it does feel a bit weird it’s so late (particularly as they will want to push for Christmas ticket sales).
Surely must be Helen trying to sort childcare and schedule with the kids' dad?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.