Strictly Come Dancing 2022 #35

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What do we make of this from the Jordans?

James claimed that a few months ago, both were in the 'obese' category and apparently got told this when at a doctor's appointment for their child. Then at the end, they try to encourage people to contact them for weight loss advice. Is it just me who smells a rat here? I do not believe for a second that either were obese, especially not Ola (and bear in mind that some of their audience may be impressionable) and it just seems like very convenient timing.
Sounds like a grift. No doctor would diagnose you as obese without taking your measurements...which if it was an appointment for their kid, they wouldn't have done.

Reactions: 11
Sounds like a grift. No doctor would diagnose you as obese without taking your measurements...which if it was an appointment for their kid, they wouldn't have done.
Agreed. My spidey senses started tingling when they posted the pool side pic in the summer followed by various comments about James preferring Ola thin and how their weight affected their sex life, etc. And here we are!

Reactions: 5

James claimed that a few months ago, both were in the 'obese' category and apparently got told this when at a doctor's appointment for their child. Then at the end, they try to encourage people to contact them for weight loss advice. Is it just me who smells a rat here? I do not believe for a second that either were obese, especially not Ola (and bear in mind that some of their audience may be impressionable) and it just seems like very convenient timing.
Sounds like an MLM.

In other news Joe Slugg is trying to make Anton, Gio and Joe happen:

Screenshot_20221219_010704_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 10
I'm the one taking 1 for the team and unintentionally seeing Jayde perform tomorrow night. I will report back if there is any mention of strictly.
Screenshot_20221220_080932_Gmail.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 15
I'm the one taking 1 for the team and unintentionally seeing Jayde perform tomorrow night. I will report back if there is any mention of strictly.View attachment 1819903
Quite jealous you're getting to see John Robins and Mike Wozniak too! Shame Jayde is replacing Lou Sanders - there's someone I'd love to see on Strictly. She'd be delightfully batshit

Reactions: 2
Another vote for Ellie for bake off. I couldn’t stand Matt on it despite otherwise liking him.

I’d love to see Bob do strictly but his heart wouldn’t be up to it.

Also Clive to do a double whammy of strictly and taskmaster please!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Another vote for Ellie for bake off. I couldn’t stand Matt on it despite otherwise liking him.

I’d love to see Bob do strictly but his heart wouldn’t be up to it.

Also Clive to do a double whammy of strictly and taskmaster please!!!
Aw, yeah. Bob Mortimer on Strictly would have been golden but, as you say, his health is in no fit state whatsoever.

This will never not be hilarious to me 😆

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
We haven't had a chef for a while, have we?

I'd love to see Andi Oliver - I think she'd be a great laugh and she used to be in a band so may well be able to dance.

I've also always wanted to see Nadiya Hussein (best face reactions and such a lovely, vibrant woman) but I think she turned it down in the past.

Reactions: 7
We haven't had a chef for a while, have we?

I'd love to see Andi Oliver - I think she'd be a great laugh and she used to be in a band so may well be able to dance.

I've also always wanted to see Nadiya Hussein (best face reactions and such a lovely, vibrant woman) but not sure her faith would allow her to take part?
I'd love her to do Strictly too, but yeah, she's already said she won't because it's her favourite show and she doesn't want it to lose its magic by seeing behind the curtain.

https://metro.co.uk/2021/11/28/strictly-2021-8-celebrities-who-said-no-to-the-show-15678700

Though Mel Giedroyc said the same thing and still did the Christmas special, so maybe Nadiya would too?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2

Why would a doctor just randomly say I know you’re here for your child but you 2 are infact obese?? I had a feeling they’d go down the weight loss route when she shared that pic of herself. I mean come on you had a baby and don’t dance like you used to your bound to not be as skinny as you once was. Smells fishy 💯

I think all this year's cast are a great ad for taking part in Strictly - I don't think anyone seems to have regretted their decision at all? I know Jayde has been a sore loser but it's still raised her profile. Last year, Robert, Greg and Adam have all indicated regrets in one way or another, but I just get the impression nearly everyone in 2022 had a great time, even the early boots

Helen said that she's spoken to a few other presenters who have previously turned it down but are now interested after seeing how much she's enjoyed it. And Ellie T's stories last night were singing it's praises. Can see so many of them doing well out of it professionally this year too

Btw, I came back on here last night after after missing yesterday's posts, got confused and thought Nikita had started a sex podcast 👀
That's very true about them being a good advert for taking part. I was wondering if there are people that they approach more than once. Or where do they even begin, every year, trying to get a group of celebrities together for the next programme!

I saw Greg Davies mentioned upthread, he would be hilarious 😂. They might get him for a Christmas special.
I remember reading the piece Adrian Chiles wrote about his experience, it was lovely. And now he can say he danced with the winner, lovely Jowita!

Reactions: 6
I saw Greg Davies mentioned upthread, he would be hilarious 😂. They might get him for a Christmas special.
I remember reading the piece Adrian Chiles wrote about his experience, it was lovely. And now he can say he danced with the winner, lovely Jowita!
i have a ridiculous crush on greg davies so i would be very into that 🔥 he’s so tall though, even the tallest pro would probably still be too short for him. but i need to see him doing a tango for my own personal reasons.

Why would a doctor just randomly say I know you’re here for your child but you 2 are infact obese?? I had a feeling they’d go down the weight loss route when she shared that pic of herself. I mean come on you had a baby and don’t dance like you used to your bound to not be as skinny as you once was. Smells fishy 💯
I really don't like this. They're playing into the most toxic industry in the most toxic way by quite obviously spinning a story.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.