Strictly Come Dancing 2022 #35

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I still remember the horrendous ‘fitness dvd’ era, when several low level female celebs would gain some weight, take some unflattering photos and then go on a ridiculous crash diet and exercise regime in order to release a dvd for the new year and cash in on their ‘transformation’. Feels suspiciously in the same mould… all a grift

Reactions: 24
Going back to who I’d love to see… Justin fletcher aka mr tumble! Think he’d be really fun but also good at the ballroom. Don’t think he’d ever do it though.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 10
Because I'm a bit gutted about him not being in the Christmas special, I'm going to say it again - Clive Myrie for the older male slot! I think he'd be so elegant in tails.

Other than that I'd love Noel Fielding as I think he'd be so fun or Richard Ayoade (swooooon)

Reactions: 18
Because I'm a bit gutted about him not being in the Christmas special, I'm going to say it again - Clive Myrie for the older male slot! I think he'd be so elegant in tails.
Another vote for Clive Myrie here!

And I've been binging Taskmaster lately, I would love to see all 6 foot 8 of Greg Davies take to the dance floor. The effortless way he hoisted James Acaster off his feet and turned him upside down makes me think he would be great at the lifts (absolute bobbins at everything else, mind you).

There are a lot of comedians and actors from Taskmaster I would love to see on Strictly though. Joe Lycett taking the mick out of everyone in so sweet and gentle a manner they don't realise until 15 minutes later. Charlotte Ritchie in a constant state of adorable, flustered confusion. Sally Phillips outdoing Shirley in the filthy innuendo stakes. Mawaan Rizwan, and his normal outfits being far fancier than what they try to make him wear onstage.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Love to see Richard Ayoade but don’t think he would ever do strictly, shame as he would be brilliant, just imagine, only Claudia and Rylan would get him and the others would spend their time looking perplexed. Incredibly bright and witty.

I would like to see Georgia and David Tennant
or maybe Line of duty cast - Vicky McClure, MartinC, Adrian Dunbar. For a random American - Minka Kelly.

A dream for me would be taika waititi and partner him with Katya.

Reactions: 7
Yes to Greg Davies, Bob Mortimer, Sally Phillips, Joe Lycett or James Acaster, Clive Myrie. Jason Kenny would just to too awkward, I could see him just being a permanent shade of bright red.

Reactions: 9

week 1 and he came out on his own and the Start And danced like that. How did he not win I’ll never get over it. That move at 17 seconds does something to me 🥵🥵🥵
They need to do some sort of All Stars show so Danny Mac can get his trophy 💖💖💖

And I've said this before but me and old dear have gone to the tour most years and have seen several shows with strictly contestants. You can see the difference between the pros and celebrities. Tom Chambers in Top Hat was good but nowhere near as good as the backing dancers.

Danny Mac however was as good as any professional. He was sensational on the tour.

I know we're not supposed to yell ROBBED but jings Danny was 😢😢😢

Reactions: 11
Probably the most disappointing contestant in Strictly history. Might have been unfair in hindsight to expect her to be an amazing dancer but I expected a gold medalist Olympian to have a better attitude to learning someone else's sport.
Never having heard of her, went to see how bad she was and dear god... what is happening.

Giving Ballando con le Stelle a run for its money 😂

Poor Brendon, a touch of Will vibes to the cape twirling 🤭

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4

And I've said this before but me and old dear have gone to the tour most years and have seen several shows with strictly contestants. You can see the difference between the pros and celebrities. Tom Chambers in Top Hat was good but nowhere near as good as the backing dancers.

Danny Mac however was as good as any professional. He was sensational on the tour.

YES. #DannyMacwasrobbed
I will never be over it!

YES. #DannyMacwasrobbed
I will never be over it!
Me neither! Biggest injustice in Strictly history - bloody Ore and his incessant crying 🙄 just watching that dance and remembering it was week 1 🤯🤯 their American Smooth was just absolutely perfect 👌

Reactions: 9
Me neither! Biggest injustice in Strictly history - bloody Ore and his incessant crying 🙄 just watching that dance and remembering it was week 1 🤯🤯 their American Smooth was just absolutely perfect 👌
I saw a video the other day of all the Strictly winners being announced and that one just made me 🤬 Ore was a judge’s pet and Joanne feckin Clifton and her over dramatic face when they won 🤬 Boooooo. Danny and Oti should have won and no one will change my mind!

Reactions: 13
Another vote for Clive Myrie here!

And I've been binging Taskmaster lately, I would love to see all 6 foot 8 of Greg Davies take to the dance floor. The effortless way he hoisted James Acaster off his feet and turned him upside down makes me think he would be great at the lifts (absolute bobbins at everything else, mind you).

There are a lot of comedians and actors from Taskmaster I would love to see on Strictly though. Joe Lycett taking the mick out of everyone in so sweet and gentle a manner they don't realise until 15 minutes later. Charlotte Ritchie in a constant state of adorable, flustered confusion. Sally Phillips outdoing Shirley in the filthy innuendo stakes. Mawaan Rizwan, and his normal outfits being far fancier than what they try to make him wear onstage.
Mawaan was one of my favourite Taskmaster contestants. Would love to see him do it. Of all the Taskmaster alumni I could see Ed Gamble doing it

Reactions: 5
I think all this year's cast are a great ad for taking part in Strictly - I don't think anyone seems to have regretted their decision at all? I know Jayde has been a sore loser but it's still raised her profile. Last year, Robert, Greg and Adam have all indicated regrets in one way or another, but I just get the impression nearly everyone in 2022 had a great time, even the early boots

Helen said that she's spoken to a few other presenters who have previously turned it down but are now interested after seeing how much she's enjoyed it. And Ellie T's stories last night were singing it's praises. Can see so many of them doing well out of it professionally this year too

Btw, I came back on here last night after after missing yesterday's posts, got confused and thought Nikita had started a sex podcast 👀

• Haha
Reactions: 17
This made me chuckle
It’s a shame there were so many strong partnerships this year, Ellie T seemed to just work away in the background and produce solid routines, she never complained (even when they did her dirty on many a costume and/or song) and it was clear she and Johannes had a fantastic relationship.

They would have been a hit on the tour (I assume she would have been announced by now if she was doing it)

I think all this year's cast are a great ad for taking part in Strictly - I don't think anyone seems to have regretted their decision at all? I know Jayde has been a sore loser but it's still raised her profile. Last year, Robert, Greg and Adam have all indicated regrets in one way or another, but I just get the impression nearly everyone in 2022 had a great time, even the early boots

Helen said that she's spoken to a few other presenters who have previously turned it down but are now interested after seeing how much she's enjoyed it. And Ellie T's stories last night were singing it's praises. Can see so many of them doing well out of it professionally this year too

Btw, I came back on here last night after after missing yesterday's posts, got confused and thought Nikita had started a sex podcast 👀
Derailing slightly but I’d love to see Ellie T get the Bake Off gig.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
The beeb should do a Strictly episode of collection of all the showdances from 20 series

(did they do showdances in series 1 and 2? never watched those thank goodness looking at the calibre of the runners up!)

• Haha
Reactions: 1

He really was robbed!!😞😞. He always gets mentioned 💜. He’s the best male celeb in my eyes. Ashley was also as good as a pro. She was insanely good. But she was never gonna win cos no one likes someone who is good from day 1 with dance experience.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.