Strictly Come Dancing 2022 #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think production could be in a really sticky unfortunate position with Katya and Luba.

On the one hand it isn’t fair or right to punish/drop them for the actions of their home nation’s president. A lot of everyday Russians are probably just as worried about what Putin is capable of as the rest of the world and if they could condemn him without the fear of series repercussions they would. K&L are probably just as worried for their families as other internationally based Russian nations. It sounds really stupid and extreme but we don’t know what the consequences could be for their families if they did speak out against putin and his actions.

On the other hand you may get people boycotting the show and deliberately trying to get them both eliminated ASAP. You might get celebrities refusing to dance with them and production will definitely want to avoid that. They’ll almost certainly be the insane few who try to accuse the show show endorsing Russias actions by keeping them in employment.

Luba could leave and not be that much of a loss. She’s not really set the show alight with fantastic celebs and choreography. Katyas won the glitter ball and got the first same sex partnership. Even without the war I feel with Janette, Oti and now Aljaz leaving she wouldn’t be far behind them.

There really isn’t a right or wrong answer on how they deal with them.

Reactions: 2
Alijaz is a lovely guy however it's not a shock IMO he's leaving now..........I feel he's done all he can; he was probably going to be Anton 2.0 and get duffers to middle of the road partners for the foreseeable future.
Yeah, not a shock, especially after his sort-of goodbye speech when him and Sara got voted off. But I think I might be more upset about this than Oti? It felt like she had already mentally moved on from Strictly last series and wasn't quite part of it all the way Aljaz is. He's not my favourite pro, but he is just SO Strictly. Ah well

So what are the odds of him presenting ITT with Janette now

Reposting this just because 😢

Screenshot_20220323-221238.png

• Heart
Reactions: 6
So neither oti or aljaz are returning 🙁 does that mean jowita and Cameron will get promoted or will they find new dancers??
At least there's still nikita 🙂
Which male pro is the longest serving now then, antons a judge no aljaz is it giovanni or Neil??

Last edited:
I think production could be in a really sticky unfortunate position with Katya and Luba.

On the one hand it isn’t fair or right to punish/drop them for the actions of their home nation’s president. A lot of everyday Russians are probably just as worried about what Putin is capable of as the rest of the world and if they could condemn him without the fear of series repercussions they would. K&L are probably just as worried for their families as other internationally based Russian nations. It sounds really stupid and extreme but we don’t know what the consequences could be for their families if they did speak out against putin and his actions.

On the other hand you may get people boycotting the show and deliberately trying to get them both eliminated ASAP. You might get celebrities refusing to dance with them and production will definitely want to avoid that. They’ll almost certainly be the insane few who try to accuse the show show endorsing Russias actions by keeping them in employment.

Luba could leave and not be that much of a loss. She’s not really set the show alight with fantastic celebs and choreography. Katyas won the glitter ball and got the first same sex partnership. Even without the war I feel with Janette, Oti and now Aljaz leaving she wouldn’t be far behind them.

There really isn’t a right or wrong answer on how they deal with them.
I think they would face more backlash for getting rid of them than they would for keeping them. If a celebrity refused to dance with them then I would show them the door, these 2 pros have zero control over what is happening and funnily enough have not even lived in Russia for decades. Didn’t Luba move to Italy as a child to pursue dance?

Reactions: 15
Nooooo 😢. My gut Aljaz feeling was right after all

I feel like we all had a sense this was coming, but so gutting to see it confirmed. 😞

I’ll be very interested to see what he gets up to away from Strictly, apart from probably starting a family. He hasn’t done a huge amount outside of strictly and tours up until now?

Reactions: 10
So I'm taking unless we get more leaving this year; we are probably getting 1 new female and male pro?

So I'm taking unless we get more leaving this year; we are probably getting 1 new female and male pro?
Maybe. I'm sure I read jowita is being promoted, not sure about Cameron and they like to have a few pros on the sidelines each year so potentially some new ones 🤔

Just a guess, but I'm thinking Jowita's partner Michael is a likely candidate - I remember her posting on her stories a few months ago something about all his dreams coming true this year (presumably he wants to be a Strictly pro) and he was a backing dancer in a few routines last series

No idea about likely Oti replacements though!

Just a guess, but I'm thinking Jowita's partner Michael is a likely candidate - I remember her posting on her stories a few months ago something about all his dreams coming true this year (presumably he wants to be a Strictly pro) and he was a backing dancer in a few routines last series

No idea about likely Oti replacements though!
I think they will take either Michael or Pasquale (with Pasquale being more likely imo).

Reactions: 3
Will miss Aljaz, he was just so adorable.

Does this leave Neil in the driving seat for the female duffer?

Reactions: 7
I am absolutely gutted about Alijaz 😭😭😭
More gutted than I am about Oti actually. If Gio goes this year I may never recover! 😂

I think they would face more backlash for getting rid of them than they would for keeping them. If a celebrity refused to dance with them then I would show them the door, these 2 pros have zero control over what is happening and funnily enough have not even lived in Russia for decades. Didn’t Luba move to Italy as a child to pursue dance?
Also, what would be the point? As you say it’s nothing to do with them, and it’s not like Putin will stop being a head because the BBC wouldn’t let two Russian dancers on Strictly 😂

Reactions: 5
Pasquale has just won DTWS Ireland for the third time in a row so I imagine would be being looked at carefully. Though it would make 3 (Southern) Italian male pros..

its a new era for strictly, the new pros are good but i'm going to miss these pros

its a new era for strictly, the new pros are good but i'm going to miss these pros
Absolutely. It was the same when James, Brendan, Ola, Erin etc all left. People thought the show would never be the same but it became even better in my opinion as time went on. This new era of pros are incredible but I will miss the originals.

Reactions: 5
No more Slovenian Puppy! I am gutted, honestly out of all of the male pros he is the one I’d love to have danced with. He seems like a genuine guy with the biggest heart!
One of my favourite moments 😂🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
I could see Aljaz being a stay at home parent really, while Janette pursues TV.
They’ll both pop up in the Saturday night audience I’m sure.

I think this is Gio’s last year, possibly Gorka’s too.

Neil will stay forever.

Luba should go if she doesn’t get a decent partner this year.

Reactions: 7
No more Slovenian Puppy! I am gutted, honestly out of all of the male pros he is the one I’d love to have danced with. He seems like a genuine guy with the biggest heart!
One of my favourite moments 😂🤣
This is one of my go-to cheer up clips after I've had a crap day 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.