Strictly Come Dancing 2022 #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The touring market is over saturated, I reckon most pros are better off doing tours in duos/trios or larger groups. Pre COVID 2020 was the worst example. Nothing against Graziano but at that point, he'd only been in two seasons, was in troupe for one of them and danced with a celeb in the other for only 5 weeks. Yet he had his own tour and I honestly wonder how he and his management were expecting big ticket sales.

I'm guessing some of the pros are kinda strong-armed into touring as much as possible by their managers and TPTB at Strictly. It doesn't sound enjoyable to do three of them a year. be living out of a suitcase for 4-6 weeks a time and constantly travelling.
The Pro Tour finishes at the end of May and the Here Comes the Boys Tour runs from June through to July, and Nadiya is in both then in August they will be sorting out the group dances for the show and in September it’s back to steering a celeb round. Doesn’t leave a lot of down time - hopefully no injury recovery time is needed.
I guess it’s the price you have to pay for Dance Domination.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I'm guessing some of the pros are kinda strong-armed into touring as much as possible by their managers and TPTB at Strictly. It doesn't sound enjoyable to do three of them a year. be living out of a suitcase for 4-6 weeks a time and constantly travelling.
It’s probably fun and enjoyable at 21/22 when it’s all new and exciting but it sounds awful for someone in their 30’s or like Janette/Karen/Neil pushing 40. I know they enjoy the actual performance part or at least I hope they still do. But I think there’s a few who’ve done it for ten plus years now who are teaching that point where they want to be at home with loved ones (and dogs) eating home cooked food that’s not tour catering or in a restaurant.

Reactions: 4
I
The touring market is over saturated, I reckon most pros are better off doing tours in duos/trios or larger groups. Pre COVID 2020 was the worst example. Nothing against Graziano but at that point, he'd only been in two seasons, was in troupe for one of them and danced with a celeb in the other for only 5 weeks. Yet he had his own tour and I honestly wonder how he and his management were expecting big ticket sales.

I remember AJ Pritchard saying back in the day that from a financial standpoint it's far more lucrative to stay on the dance competition circuit rather than be a dancer on strictly.

But that's the fame vs money argument.

Strictly doesn’t pay that well and although the touring life seems gruelling, it's worth it for that extra income. And not unlike a tv presenter etc who gets gigs and works flat out for a period of time but also has swathes of free time.

As a dancer or anyone in the entertainment industry, they will get used to an unusual working pattern.

And a tour of your own is more lucrative than strictly or an ensemble cast type show so while they can, most of the pros will try to work up to that.

Just like any sportsperson they know they have a limited career span doing their craft. Strictly at least allows these dancers to become household names and in future go into presenting, or judging etc once their body can no longer cope with the dancing.

"Mumsy" "mother and son vibes" - give me a break, she's radiant and they know it!

View attachment 1228820
I feel for Nadiya, the derogatory comments about her being easy etc from the DS lot are awful.
It amazes me how they are condemning nadiya for having a sexual relationship with the very same person they were desperate for their darling goddess ( whom is mediocre at very best) to sleep with🤣. Make it make sense.

Reactions: 6
Just seen a clip on Karen's Instagram of Neil dancing in a kilt. All the other women have blue Union Jack themed costumes but Nadiya is in some weird grayish jacket and skirt combo.
She has a leathery looking jacket on as does Kai and Graziano so I’m assuming it ties in with a dance with them.
Katya posted her dancing to a spice girls song wearing the 🇬🇧 so N/K/G prob have a different theme.
Luba isn’t in Union Jack either. (I wouldn’t wear one either to be honest but that’s a whole other story and not for this thread) 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
I feel for Nadiya, the derogatory comments about her being easy etc from the DS lot are awful.
It amazes me how they are condemning nadiya for having a sexual relationship with the very same person they were desperate for their darling goddess ( whom is mediocre at very best) to sleep with🤣. Make it make sense.
It amazes me that they would still be chuffed to bits, and possibly even smug, in the unlikely event of them ever getting together for all they say they couldn’t give 2 pins anymore.

Reactions: 3
I remember AJ Pritchard saying back in the day that from a financial standpoint it's far more lucrative to stay on the dance competition circuit rather than be a dancer on strictly.

But that's the fame vs money argument.

Strictly doesn’t pay that well and although the touring life seems gruelling, it's worth it for that extra income. And not unlike a tv presenter etc who gets gigs and works flat out for a period of time but also has swathes of free time.

As a dancer or anyone in the entertainment industry, they will get used to an unusual working pattern.

And a tour of your own is more lucrative than strictly or an ensemble cast type show so while they can, most of the pros will try to work up to that.

Just like any sportsperson they know they have a limited career span doing their craft. Strictly at least allows these dancers to become household names and in future go into presenting, or judging etc once their body can no longer cope with the dancing.
Sorry would you be able to find that article/interview because I don't seem to understand that at all???

It cant be more financially lucrative to stay in the competition dance circuit as there is no money in it; I've listened to some interviews with pros in the past and they have said at most what you can win from competitions alone is about £1000. You do competitions for the titles than any financial benefit. Suits and dresses alone can cost £1000 never mind money for dance shoes, lessons and travelling across the country and travelling to other countries for competitions.

It is definitely more lucrative to be a strictly pro than to stay on the dance competition scene; the pro's are rumoured to be paid from £30,000 for a series.

Sorry would you be able to find that article/interview because I don't seem to understand that at all???

It cant be more financially lucrative to stay in the competition dance circuit as there is no money in it; I've listened to some interviews with pros in the past and they have said at most what you can win from competitions alone is about £1000. You do competitions for the titles than any financial benefit. Suits and dresses alone can cost £1000 never mind money for dance shoes, lessons and travelling across the country and travelling to other countries for competitions.

It is definitely more lucrative to be a strictly pro than to stay on the dance competition scene; the pro's are rumoured to be paid from £30,000 for a series.
AJ was happy enough to ditch his competing career (and his partner) quickly enough without a backward glance when Strictly came knocking … and happy enough to ditch Strictly to be the one on the right for the new Ant and Dec.

He said it during a Q&A event in Devon in 2018.

There's no way that can be true - I mean about earning more from competing than being on strictly. No way.
Wasn’t he rumoured to be the highest paid pro at one point (I assume that was has PR working overtime, but even so)

Edit:

When their salaries were leaked to the Daily Mail in 2019, AJ Pritchard was the king of the dancefloor in terms of earnings.
He reportedly racked up a £50,000 fee for taking part in Strictly.
AJ made a further £120,000 from TV appearances alone, followed by £70,000 for the Strictly Live Tour.
He banked a further £35,000 for the Strictly Come Dancing: The Professionals tour.
Must beat schlepping around various draughty regional and seaside ballrooms.

Last edited:
There's no way that can be true - I mean about earning more from competing than being on strictly. No way.
Why would I lie about him saying that? 🤣

Whether it's true or not for other dancers it was true for him at the time cos he really wasn't sure whether to accept the offer from strictly or not.

Wasn’t he rumoured to be the highest paid pro at one point (I assume that was has PR working overtime, but even so)
I think all the pro's are on the same wage on strictly; I think you get a bonus if you get to the final and again if you win it ( I read that somewhere).

He might have made more money than most on his own tours and AD's on instagram but I would say Oti and Dianne and possibly Giovanni would probably make more money than him right now when it comes to those things.

Why would I lie about him saying that? 🤣

Whether it's true or not for other dancers it was true for him at the time cos he really wasn't sure whether to accept the offer from strictly or not.
I didn't say you lied I said I don't believe what he said at all about making more money from competing.

Last I saw the pros were mostly all on £50k with anton getting £65k (prior to being a judge). Some of the background pros (so currently Cameron, Jowita and probably could and should include Jake Leigh Formally the likes of Chloe Hewitt are probably earning less). It went up a few years ago but even at £50K for all the hours they put in you’d think they could Chuck em few quid more when shirls is getting £500K for one day a week.

The arena tour in jan/feb gets them another payday (haven’t found a figure for that one)but pro tour is Quoted £35K (so arena tour is probably about the same maybe a little more)

The cruises were always a ridiculously easy payday. Think I saw £15K mentioned for what’s essentially a holiday with a few evening performances plus probably a masterclass and m&g/Q&A sessions. Although P&O cruises no longer seem to offer the strictly cruise option.

Individual/group tours I’ve seen various figures quoted but I'm unsure on accuracy.£20k is what I’ve seen which is probably about right given what pro tour pays out.

This isn’t including other work any of them do during the year such as tv appearances, merch/apparel or influencing etc

When you total everything up they’re all on £100K+ a year. Which is why I find it odd even in 2018 AJ would come out with something as weird as saying the show isn’t financially worth it. He got to live a lifestyle that would’ve probably been out of reach for him. Not to mention it’s not just the money from strictly and tours. It’s the other opportunities and doors that open as a result of being a dancer on one the biggest shows on television.

AJ was happy enough to ditch his competing career (and his partner) quickly enough without a backward glance when Strictly came knocking … and happy enough to ditch Strictly to be the one on the right for the new Ant and Dec.

I don’t know much at all about competition income, but Western ballroom/Latin dancers can make an eye-watering fortune if they head east. I recall from the very early series that the pros said that if they went to China it was like Beatlemania, they were absolutely idolised and were mobbed at the airport, and that’s long before most people in this country knew who they were.

How about this - a £5million dance-lesson contract! 😱

I’d assume that’s an extreme example, but there’s clearly a lot of money to be made if you’re prepared to head to the other side of the world. And I’ve heard that a lot of the big names in ballroom won’t go near Strictly as the money isn’t good enough (hence why they’re mostly from ‘Burn the Floor’ nowadays, I suppose).

Jake posted on IG it’s his last two shows, I assume Cameron is due to turn up. So strange no explanation as to what been going on there.

Reactions: 2
Jake posted on IG it’s his last two shows, I assume Cameron is due to turn up. So strange no explanation as to what been going on there.
They must only be a few shows in, so it's strange for him to stop so soon, all the effort and rehearsals for nothing?!
Surely something must have gone on??

They must only be a few shows in, so it's strange for him to stop so soon, all the effort and rehearsals for nothing?!
Surely something must have gone on??
It seems jake was drafted in last minute to cover for Cameron. Only 3 days in. Definitely think we are not hearing the full story.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.