Strictly Come Dancing 2022 #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
ITV will jump at the chance to bag those Saturday evening games to win the ratings and the beeb will probably allow it as they make money off the voting lines (I assume they do I know at one point money was going to charity) and they can do the earlier KO games. So aside from a bit of fiddling and maybe starting a week or so earlier there probably won’t be any issues. The WC final is a Sunday (December 18TH) so there’s no clash if the show airs as normal that way.

ETA these are proposed group game kick off times via sky sports

Kick-off times for the first two rounds of matches will be 1pm, 4pm, 7pm and 10pm local time (10am, 1pm, 4pm and 7pm in the United Kingdom), and with the stadiums all within a 40-mile radius of each other it will enable supporters and media to realistically attend two games on the same day.

I don't think it's likely though that if BBC have the chance to show a big knockout game featuring England at 7pm Saturday they'll turn it down. So there may well be at least one week where they have to move Strictly. Would they just put it on BBC2?

Reactions: 1
I don’t think they’ll move. A lot of football is midweek & there’ll only be so many Saturday at 7pm games. They can show the games earlier in the day & the 7pm, non-England ones can go to ITV. And/or I suspect they’d just move Strictly to BBC2 if needed.

It might actually mean Strictly starts a bit later in the evening which is no bad thing. 6.30pm is too early! I can never watch it live as I have bedtime to do with my kids 😭

Reactions: 3
If I’ve got my calculations right they’ll only be two Saturdays with 7pm games for definite during the group stage which normally last two weeks and one Saturday for the last 16. The semi finals will be Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday and the final will be a Sunday. Realistically there’s no guarantee these 7pm games will even feature England.

I don’t see them bringing forward SCD purely because the pros have your dates into June/July and usually need around a month for the group dances so I just don’t think that works logistically. It will probably work out itv get sat 7pm and bbc get Sunday 7pm with the results show being aired around 6ish on Sundays for the last couple of weeks. Airing the show earlier or later on Saturday doesn’t really work either from an studio audience perspective or a tv viewing audience.

When do they normally announce the professionals? I need to know if my Slovenian love is back!

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Pasquale winning DWTS Ireland back to back, that’s 3 wins in a row for him. Strictly are daft if they don’t try and get him!

Reactions: 10
Yes - Pasquale winning again surely should catch SCD producers eyes. You can argue he was lucky with his celebs but winning 3 times and all in his first 3 series of doing these shows means he definitely has something about him and would be an asset to Strictly.

Maybe time for a pro exchange type thing. Bring him to Strictly to replace Giovanni who can go over to DWTS in the States. Not that DWTS USA is as big as it once was but I somehow reckon Giovanni would enjoy the LA life even if it's not the best show. And they could do with a new male pro, their roster of men kinda sucks.

Reactions: 4
Yes - Pasquale winning again surely should catch SCD producers eyes? You can argue he was lucky with his celebs but winning 3 times and all in his first 3 series of doing these shows means he definitely has something about him and would be an asset to Strictly.

Maybe time for a semester abroad type thing. Bring him to Strictly to replace Giovanni who can go over to DWTS in the States. Not that DWTS USA is as big as it once was but I somehow reckon Giovanni would enjoy the LA life even if it's not the best show. And they could do with a new male pro, their roster of men kinda sucks.
Absolutely not. I love DWTS but joining it these days is like career suicide, it will be off the air within the next few years in my opinion.

Pasquale already has so many links to strictly … he’s been a backing dancer in previous series, he’s done tours with many of the current pros and is also very good friends it seems with the vast majority of them.

Reactions: 4
I wonder if anyone else could come over from DWTS Ireland. I think the success of Kai shows it would at least be a good option.

Absolutely not. I love DWTS but joining it these days is like career suicide, it will be off the air within the next few years in my opinion.
Yeah, that is true. I definitely don't think it would be the best thing to do but I suppose the money and LA can entice some.

At the very least, they've ditched their deadbeat producer and I think Tyra is probably gone so there is a glimmer of hope there.

Last edited:
I wonder if the small delay in announcing pros (we’ve known by now the last couple of years) is because there’s pros who are still negotiating etc and there’s going to be more departures announced seeing as Oti had basically said prior to the series starting she was considering leaving etc

If there’s male departures (possibly Gio/Aljaz/Neil being the likely candidates) it opens it up for Pasquale and Jowitas partner Michael (and Cameron but I’m still on the fence about him. Still think he’s a bit young for a partner) plus any others we’ve not thought of from German strictly.

As for women pros from DWTS Ireland I think someone mentioned an Emily who’s a British pro. I don’t know much about her other than seeing her name mentioned on here and twitter. Would she be a fit ?

Reactions: 1
I'd agree that the delay is probably because they might either have more departures to announce or are negotiating. Perhaps someone has actually been axed this time and they're not sure how to announce it? I got the impression that since Brendan, everyone has either left of their own accord and therefore had the nice farewell post on social media or have been renewed anyway so it's not been a problem.

The German show is another one to look at since Motsi does both and can no doubt recommend some pros to producers. However, most of their pros are a bit older than what Strictly are seemingly going for. I think they may well be going through a generational change themselves.

Emily Barker would work for SCD - she's fairly popular in Ireland and has a decent track record - a final with a ringer, another final with a sportsman, a quarter final with another sportsman and got her only proper duffer a few weeks.

I wonder if the small delay in announcing pros (we’ve known by now the last couple of years) is because there’s pros who are still negotiating etc and there’s going to be more departures announced seeing as Oti had basically said prior to the series starting she was considering leaving etc

If there’s male departures (possibly Gio/Aljaz/Neil being the likely candidates) it opens it up for Pasquale and Jowitas partner Michael (and Cameron but I’m still on the fence about him. Still think he’s a bit young for a partner) plus any others we’ve not thought of from German strictly.

As for women pros from DWTS Ireland I think someone mentioned an Emily who’s a British pro. I don’t know much about her other than seeing her name mentioned on here and twitter. Would she be a fit ?
I wouldn’t say there has been a delay tbh, the pro lineup usually comes at the end of March/start of April so still another few weeks yet.

The only time I can remember it being later then April was in 2018 after Chloe was axed, the lineup didn’t come out until June.

Oti is gone, I think Katya is gonna go but not through choice, same with Luba and Neil.
I also think this will be Alijaz, Dianne and Nadiyas last series.

Oti is gone, I think Katya is gonna go but not through choice, same with Luba and Neil.
I also think this will be Alijaz, Dianne and Nadiyas last series.
I really hope Katya doesn’t go. She’s up there with my favs. But I have a feeling you may be right.

Reactions: 6
I don't think Katya will go yet. With Oti being out, they should probably keep her for another series or two even if she isn't as popular as when she first started.

I don't think Katya will go yet. With Oti being out, they should probably keep her for another series or two even if she isn't as popular as when she first started.
I just hope there is no truth to the articles about Katya and Luba.

Alijaz is a lovely guy however it's not a shock IMO he's leaving now..........I feel he's done all he can; he was probably going to be Anton 2.0 and get duffers to middle of the road partners for the foreseeable future.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.