Strictly Come Dancing 2022 #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oti presenting an ITV dating gameshow
I get she wants to expand her horizons and try new things but it just seems a shame for someone with such talent that they've spent a lifetime honing to perfection to end up presenting a tacky, cheap gameshow that noone will watch. Does she really want to throw it all away just to be 'famous'?

Gutted about Aljaz as well 😥 2 of the best pros gone! They'll probably be more losses to come as well. I just hope a load of new pros won't change the show past recognition. I have high hopes for Nikita and Jowita anyway!

Reactions: 11
I get she wants to expand her horizons and try new things but it just seems a shame for someone with such talent that they've spent a lifetime honing to perfection to end up presenting a tacky, cheap gameshow that noone will watch. Does she really want to throw it all away just to be 'famous'?

Gutted about Aljaz as well 😥 2 of the best pros gone! They'll probably be more losses to come as well. I just hope a load of new pros won't change the show past recognition. I have high hopes for Nikita and Jowita anyway!
Itv must be paying her good money.

Reactions: 3
Can’t find figures but if SCD judges get minimum £200K then itv DOI judges are probably getting a comparable amount. She’ll be almost certainly on the sameish for masked dancer and TGD. I could see her getting around £100K for this new show maybe slightly under or slightly more. She’s definitely raking it in compared to the rest of the pros.

Reactions: 5
I think she's just securing her financial future and I don't blame her. She's 31. SCD don't do older female dancers. She has to strike while the iron is hot. She's a judge on DOI and Brendan is a contestant. I know which role I'd rather have.

Reactions: 12
I think she's just securing her financial future and I don't blame her. She's 31. SCD don't do older female dancers. She has to strike while the iron is hot. She's a judge on DOI and Brendan is a contestant. I know which role I'd rather have.
Yeah fair play to her I would.do.the same

Reactions: 3
Exactly. Oti is a very, very clever woman and yeah, it's cynical that she's doing a show that she probably knows is utter crap but the money will give her the freedom to do what she really wants and I can't really blame her for that!

Reactions: 11
Oti is best striking now when the iron is hot because I really can't see her forging a long running career as a host especially after seeing the premise of this new show. Unless you are Ant & Dec & Holly & Phil then the job of a television presenter is quite up and down; it really is down to the quality of the show. I can see her popping on panel shows every now and again and her making a career choreographing in the west end and different dance shows in the future.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Hmmm. Not sure I really believe that article. ‘A source says’ .. OK.. not saying he’s always Mr Nice guy but it seems a bit fabricated it’s just come out as he’s leaving. I don’t for a minute think he was forced out, he clearly made a little exit speech when they were voted out last season!

Reactions: 8

The mask has slipped. He's not always the fun loving happy smiley guy we've seen.
Either they or the bbc have leaked it deliberately as damage control or something

I take that one with a pinch of salt, it seemed fairly obvious that it was his choice to leave based on his exit speech which he did nearly 5 months ago now. He maybe had a bad day at one point, was a bit rude to someone behind the scenes and they've made a story out of it.

Reactions: 4
I suppose it would be more credible if The Sun's "source" hadn't proven to be repeatedly wrong.

Reactions: 7

The mask has slipped. He's not always the fun loving happy smiley guy we've seen.
I did see a comment from a lady on the SCD Facebook group that he was extremely rude to her at the tour

• Wow
I find it hard to believe. Maybe he had a bad day but the sources at the sun are usually rubbish ! His strictly partners are always delighted with him !

Reactions: 4

Is he really only 32? Not because I think he looks old but I feel like he acts older. I thought he was about 37 or 38

What a load of utter tit. “ not many people will miss him” … so that’s why presenters, judges, pros, celebs, hair/make up artists and other behind the scenes crew have all commented on his departure post stating how gutted they are and how much they will miss him. How anyone believes this garbage is beyond me.

Reactions: 13
  • Heart
I did see a comment from a lady on the SCD Facebook group that he was extremely rude to her at the tour
Even things like that have to be taken with a pinch of salt. We don't know how she approached him or how she behaved. Not blaming her at all and he totally could have snapped at her but fans can be incredibly invasive.

Reactions: 9
Usually it's easy to read between the lines with people's reactions, but it just seems so obvious that everyone genuinely adores Aljaz - I would file that article under fabricated nonsense

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.