Strictly Come Dancing 2022 #21

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have to ask...what are the spare trousers about? 🤣🤣
Turned out the reason Amy seemed to have moved in with Tom after they were eliminated last season was because she'd had a flareup of her Crohns disease and was too ill to travel.

However Sara and Tom both made posts that were a little on the cringey side (not sure/can't remember why Sara was there too?) about their heroic role in getting her to a hospital, which included Tom carrying her to the ambulance in his crocs and Sara lending her a pair of trousers.

Edit: I seem to recall her twin sister came to pick her up and also stayed a night or two before they finally left, making it look even more hilariously like Tom had unwittingly acquired a whole new family. 😂 It was funnier in real time.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
OMG, I'd forgotten the bit where Tom and Amy had been knocked out but carried on training :ROFLMAO:
It was hilarious! “Nothing can stop us dancing together Amy. Not us being eliminated…not me having to pick up my kids from school…not the fact you’ve practically moved into my house and Gio thinks you’ll never leave”

They were wrong. We were BRILLIANT”

@JCMSadie found a post of mine from the time, it’s so unbelievably random, I’m howling 😂

(I’d like to say again that I’m not laughing at Crohn’s Disease at all, it was the crocs and the trousers and the randomness)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
At the same time as all that going on Sara appeared to have adopted Aljaz and took him home to Newcastle, with him doing the school run and having sleep overs with her kids and husband. It was a very bizarre few weeks in Strictlyland.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
An added layer of hilarity was that Tom’s wife won I’m a celeb last year so he looked like a big loser being eliminated early and getting nowhere near the final.

(I was a Tattle lurker last year, I saw it all😆)

• Haha
Reactions: 20
An added layer of hilarity was that Tom’s wife won I’m a celeb last year so he looked like a big loser being eliminated early and getting nowhere near the final.

(I was a Tattle lurker last year, I saw it all😆)
Yes! And I think it cut deep that Harry Judd had won Strictly too - I genuinely think he thought that glitterball was his

Reactions: 23
At the same time as all that going on Sara appeared to have adopted Aljaz and took him home to Newcastle, with him doing the school run and having sleep overs with her kids and husband. It was a very bizarre few weeks in Strictlyland.
Indeed. I was about to say, I honestly was and am so much more baffled by Aljaz having sleepovers with Sara's kids and going on holiday with them, not once but twice this year, than I am by Amy spending a couple of weeks at Tom's house when she was sick. 😂

Like it's sweet... but also slightly insane? 😂

Reactions: 9
Just caught up with last night's shenanigans...did James forget the was ont telly?! First telling Tess to shush then Amy..that was one of the worst ' thanks for having me' goodbye ever!

Reactions: 4
Just caught up with last night's shenanigans...did James forget the was ont telly?! First telling Tess to shush then Amy..that was one of the worst ' thanks for having me' goodbye ever!
Oh dear I didn't watch the goodbye speech I will have to watch it later. How awkward!

Reactions: 2
Indeed. I was about to say, I honestly was and am so much more baffled by Aljaz having sleepovers with Sara's kids and going on holiday with them, not once but twice this year, than I am by Amy spending a couple of weeks at Tom's house when she was sick. 😂

Like it's sweet... but also slightly insane? 😂
I don’t think she was there because she was sick though, I think the hospital trip came just before they stopped spending time together? I could be misremembering but I’m sure her fiancé was at their home running their dance school and she had her family too and it all looked a little bit like they were having this torrid affair in plain sight, and Sara was there as a ruse.

But yeah the Sara Aljaz thing was even more baffling. @Fillyjonk is this what made you think Aljaz and Jannette were swingers? 😂

• Haha
I don’t think she was there because she was sick though, I think the hospital trip came just before they stopped spending time together? I could be misremembering but I’m sure her fiancé was at their home running their dance school and she had her family too and it all looked a little bit like they were having this torrid affair in plain sight, and Sara was there as a ruse.

But yeah the Sara Aljaz thing was even more baffling. @Fillyjonk is this what made you think Aljaz and Jannette were swingers? 😂
I can't quite remember the rules regarding bubbles at that point but she was only still with Tom because they had booked a dance studio, were doing lives together and threatening us with releasing their who performance via instagram.
It was a relief when Tilly went the week after her a Nikkita had a nice Sunday lunch together and then said goodbye like normal folk.

Reactions: 8
I can't quite remember the rules regarding bubbles at that point but she was only still with Tom because they had booked a dance studio, were doing lives together and threatening us with releasing their who performance via instagram.
It was a relief when Tilly went the week after her a Nikkita had a nice Sunday lunch together and then said goodbye like normal folk.
Ah yes of course! I’d strangely forgotten all about the restrictions 😂

Yes, I think she was staying at Tom's house before she got sick, but, so was Sara, so I'm assuming it was supposed to be a one or two night pity party over being booted, which is I suppose not an entirely unreasonable thing for friends to do, but then Amy wound up staying longer because of her illness. I'm vaguely wondering if it was something like the production provides accommodation for the pros only while they're competing, and once she got sick she was stuck in London with nowhere to stay and didn't want to travel back to Wales until she was fully recovered, so that's why she wound up staying at Tom's house?

ETA: Oh and maybe something to do with Covid as well, like Othermoon said. I don't think people were strictly required to be in bubbles at the time, which is why everyone was so confused about it, but I think it was very soon after those sorts of restrictions were enforced, so it might have contributed.

Reactions: 2
Didn’t Dougie McFly win I’m a celeb as well?
I think he did 😂

Yes, I think she was staying at Tom's house before she got sick, but, so was Sara, so I'm assuming it was supposed to be a one or two night pity party over being booted, which is I suppose not an entirely unreasonable thing for friends to do, but then Amy wound up staying longer because of her illness. I'm vaguely wondering if it was something like the production provides accommodation for the pros only while they're competing, and once she got sick she was stuck in London with nowhere to stay and didn't want to travel back to Wales until she was fully recovered, so that's why she wound up staying at Tom's house?
You’re right, I forgot we still had restrictions this time last year.

I laugh at folk still talking about AJ and Kai when the real highlight last year was Tom 😂

Reactions: 5
The S*n saying there was a feud between Craig, Shirley & Motsi.

Thoughts? Probably something small that is exaggerated but I have wondered if Craig is beginning to tire of the show and his fellow judges. He doesn't mesh with the Shirley, Motsi, Anton panel as well as he did when he was accompanied by Arlene/Darcey, Len & Bruno.

Thoughts? Probably something small that is exaggerated but I have wondered if Craig is beginning to tire of the show and his fellow judges. He doesn't mesh with the Shirley, Motsi, Anton panel as well as he did when he was accompanied by Arlene/Darcey, Len & Bruno.
I've got deja vu about having seen a very similar article a few weeks ago now.

I wouldn't blame him if he was fed up of it though - Shirley with her obvious favourites and lechery, Anton giving 10s because why not, Motsi just generally being a bit mad. It does feel at times like the judges have been given an obvious agenda to push and if I was Craig who is feel is genuine, that would be hard to swallow.

Reactions: 6

He definitely doesn’t seem happy. I thought he behaved quite badly towards Anton last year and if you watch him when he’s in shot with the other Judges or on the Sunday show, he doesn’t seem remotely interested in any of them. He’s still the Judge that gives the fairest and honest critique (to the main)

20 years may be enough for him. He’s touring with Annie next year and won’t be short of work I’m sure.

Reactions: 12
I felt recently there was real hostility between him and Motsi in particular. Craig is by far the best judge so they need to keep him!

Reactions: 16
Turned out the reason Amy seemed to have moved in with Tom after they were eliminated last season was because she'd had a flareup of her Crohns disease and was too ill to travel.
But there was also that weird stuff where Giovanna was saying that Amy had to live with them because of covid ‘bubble’ rules, but there were no such rules in place at the time so it was clearly untrue and presumably a misjudged attempt to try to explain the fact that her husband had moved his dance partner into their house.

And then there was Aljaz doing the school run for Sara’s kids while she was at Tom’s kitchen table doing crafts with the Fletcher kids.

The whole thing was INSANE! It’s no wonder this year seems dull by comparison.

It was hilarious! “Nothing can stop us dancing together Amy. Not us being eliminated…not me having to pick up my kids from school…not the fact you’ve practically moved into my house and Gio thinks you’ll never leave”

They were wrong. We were BRILLIANT”

@JCMSadie found a post of mine from the time, it’s so unbelievably random, I’m howling 😂

(I’d like to say again that I’m not laughing at Crohn’s Disease at all, it was the crocs and the trousers and the randomness)
And here’s my take on the events of the time 🤣

I thought it was quite sweet - he ‘shushed’ Tess and Amy in an ‘oh no, don’t say that because you’ll set me off’ way because they mentioned his kids being proud of him and it made him cry.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.