Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lostcat

Chatty Member
I took my great-aunt to see Anton and Erins' show about a decade ago.

It was an excellent show, but my great-aunt was in a wheelchair and oh lord, I was not used to handling the thing. She wasn't very happy with it or me when it was time to leave, and I couldn't get reception to call the taxi, nor was I able to get us away from the crowds as quickly as she wanted me to.

Someone on stage or a production staff member -I never found out who- must have noticed how distressed she was at the end, and took us up and around a side exit, away from the crowds at the front, and had a wee word with Anton and Erin and some of the charming musicians and backing dancers they had, and she got to meet them all briefly.

And I know we like to laugh at Anton, but he was the kindest and most courteous and charming man possible to my cantankerous old relative, and had her giggling like a schoolgirl within seconds. Erin was delightful too, as were the singers. (And my god, the figure Erin had! Not an ounce of fat on her, pure muscle, she could have taken you down without breaking a sweat)

Dementia hit my great-aunt soon afterwards and she died a few years back, but right up until the end you could switch on Strictly and she would look at the TV and smile and tell you: "I met that Anton du Beke and he was a lovely man"

• Heart
Reactions: 61

OtherMoon

VIP Member
At the same time as all that going on Sara appeared to have adopted Aljaz and took him home to Newcastle, with him doing the school run and having sleep overs with her kids and husband. It was a very bizarre few weeks in Strictlyland.

• Haha
Reactions: 32

Boring Monday

VIP Member
Johannes and Ellie on ITT.
Johannes being a lesson there of how to come out of one iconic partnership and still make your new partner feel special <side eye to Gio>

Reactions: 30

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
It would be awful if Craig left.
Quite often the only judge actually judging what is in front of him - and never (as far as I recall) a hint of bias or favouritism.
Plus the knowledge he is a very kind supportive person behind the scenes.
He would be very hard to replace.

Reactions: 28

Elleyunsun

VIP Member
I’ve moved from being relatively indifferent to Fleur to actively throwing votes her way this week as it just feels crap and unfair.

• Heart
Reactions: 27

Elleyunsun

VIP Member
78A26297-9558-44F1-952A-B9A4D0E106EF.jpeg

Don’t care if he’s a good teacher or not, just want to be spoiled like a Princess by Johannes

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 26

Lostcat

Chatty Member
Aw. Just switched on It Takes Two and it was nice to see James had the well rested and comfortably cosy air of a man who had had a delicious Monday morning lie-in, safe in the knowledge he only needs to work a 50 hour week on Eastenders instead of 50 hours Eastenders and 50 hours with Amy trying to teach him quickstep.

Reactions: 25

LowCalCalzoneZone

VIP Member
I do hope Craig sticks around. No one is bigger than the show, but he's the one element that might upset the balance a bit if he left

There does seem to be a bit of prickliness on the judging panel (I don't think Craig and Motsi get on, and I imagine all of them were put out by Anton's NTA) but at the end of the day, it's a very well paid gig involving not very much work so hopefully that might keep Craig around for a bit longer

Reactions: 25

Fillyjonk

VIP Member
I might chuck Fleur a vote seeing that the Scum are trying to put her in a bad light over something that sounds like a technical mishap before the dance even began.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I’m still seeing a lot of complaining about the results show not being live. I would love to know why people care so much, like does it really bother you THAT much to the point where you feel the need to constantly post and talk about it??

Do people think the BBC pull the pros from all corners of the globe and take the celebs away from their families on Christmas Day to film the Christmas special? Anyone with half a brain cell knows the results shows and the various specials are not live and simply do not care.
I always wonder how these people would cope with the realisation that Tom Jones, Ed Sheeran, Michael Buble, etc., have not in fact given up their New Year’s Eve in order to sing a few songs in a BBC studio for Jools Holland’s Hootenanny 😆

• Haha

Fanaff

VIP Member
I took my 11 year old to JoJo’s Freedom tour this year and we had meet and greet. It was his birthday so she made him a card and he was so sweet to her, kept saying “thank you my darling, thank you” she cried and he hugged her for ages! Honestly, I think we both fell in love with him! The show was amazing as well. He was so humble and grateful for people coming to see him (see totally in love with him 😂)

• Heart

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
An added layer of hilarity was that Tom’s wife won I’m a celeb last year so he looked like a big loser being eliminated early and getting nowhere near the final.

(I was a Tattle lurker last year, I saw it all😆)
Yes! And I think it cut deep that Harry Judd had won Strictly too - I genuinely think he thought that glitterball was his

Reactions: 23

Woolmercardington

VIP Member
Speaking of them 'walking among us'...

I remember on Twitter last year, someone called Ken Barlow 😆 was going ballistic at Katie Mcglynn being in the DO.

"HOW DID THIS HAPPEN? HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE? CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN THIS TRAVESTY PLEASE?!!!!!"

Me: Not enough people voted for her.

Ken: HAHAHAHAHA THATS JUST WERE YOUR WRONG YOU MASSIVE TWAT!!!

🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Wow

secretlondoner

VIP Member
To answer t, he question from a thread a go here's what I'd change. And I hope a BBC researcher is watching here.

1. Goodbye Motsi. I liked her to begin with but she's worn thin now. I don't think Shirley should go unless she chooses to because her credentials are incredible but maybe tge producers could tell her to tone down the salivating.
2. Stop giving everyone who doesn't miss a step a standing ovation
3. Go back to the format of having dancers dance either a ballroom or latin in the first two-three weeks. That way the judges can compare the dancers to each other properly.
4. Save the argentine tango for quarter finals and everyone does one. It's too special a dance for week 2 or 3 imo and it used to be something to look forward to.
5. Pack in the Sunday show.
6. Give Gilikison the heave-ho
7. Bring in a former winning pro to replace Motsi. Karen Hardy, Darren thingymajig, Lillia Kopylova or Aliona maybe. Please never Kevin Clifton please please please.
8. Bin couples choice
9. Bin the American smooth and do more foxtrots!
10. Bring back the sanctity of the 10