Strictly Come Dancing 2021 #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Gio is *very* good at giving the impression of being smitten (remember there were rumours about him and Debbie??!)..

Can you imagine the backlash if one of the female pros did the same? I found the Ranvir situation to be quite cynical and manipulative last year.

Reactions: 18
Ugh.

It's annoying. Maybe I'm speaking for myself but even if I was a major, major fan of somebody, I wouldn't vote just to keep them in a programme if I could see that others were better. Tom is stiff and awkward, exactly the same as Joe Sugg was, not that good with a die-hard fanbase commanding the vote to the detriment of better contestants.
That’s actually what the fan base are saying. There’s a Facebook group for McFly fans and actually quite a lot of them are saying they aren’t voting for Tom. Most are voting for Rose (Who is also my favourite)
So to be honest I don’t actually think it’s just the fans. Giovanna has a huge “mum army”🙄… and I don’t doubt they are voting for him. Not to mention Amy is an excellent dancer and she has a big fan base in Wales.

There was a post about Tom being top of the voting figures and the majority of fans commenting weren’t actually voting for Tom and admitting he isn’t the best dancer which is why there vote is going elsewhere🤷🏼‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Yeah, I wondered where Rose's bf is - as far as I know he hasn't been at the show and hasn't been mentioned.. Gio is *very* good at giving the impression of being smitten (remember there were rumours about him and Debbie??!)..
I have just read the Hello interview, and in it Rose says she wants to keep her bf private. Gio has met him and said he is "a lovely man, and very supportive." And then there are coupley photos like this 🥴

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 10
They were certainly never in say 1D’s league were they? I only really remember two of their songs being big hits, and I’m sure Busted were actually more popular. Yet they seem to have a really big fan base now and their concerts are always sell outs . One of my cousins is a huge fan and I’ve noticed she is also a bit obsessive about them. She was all over social media last year during IAC telling us to vote Giovanna. Erm no thanks. She actually got quite annoyed with people who wanted Jordan to win and was commenting with ‘no vote Giovanna’ all the time. I still think he was robbed. But this is what we are all up against. I actually don’t dislike the other members of McFly by the way, just Tom. Harry was absolutely the best of his series and deserved to win.
They were never in 1D league but then again, 1D went global, and really cannot compare, it was once in a blue moon a boyband from the U.K. breaks America. I’m a fan, but I’m a fan of the music. I’m not a big Tom fan anymore, really since the pandemic started, I can’t stand Giovanna anymore, it’s all soooo tedious and this middle class, look at us, perfect Fletchers. I can see them getting some kind of reality show tbh.
Anyway, yeah, McFly were big and still have a huge following, 7 number ones and their last album went to number 2 in the charts but was beaten by AC/DC that week. They also almost broke America with being in the movie “Just My Luck” with Lindsay Lohan and Chris Pine. So that built them a lot of North and South American fans (they are HUGE in Brazil.)

McFly were a lot bigger than Busted. Busted released 2 albums I think, only a couple of number 1’s but I think because they were this “new era” boyband just about to make it big and they split up and McFly took over. They are actually very talented & live they are outstanding. I hope people don’t judge McFly based on Tom’s personality.
People think McFly are “5 colours in her hair” sounding, but that was literally their 2004 era, of course they aren’t going to be the same😂.

I digress, very talented musicians and they have a fantastic array of records. But unfortunately I really do believe Tom has this attitude he’s too “good” for McFly. He mentioned being an author before his own band of coming up for 20 years
🙄. And his perfect “Fletcher Family” persona is just so gratingggggggg.

Reactions: 12
I have just read the Hello interview, and in it Rose says she wants to keep her bf private. Gio has met him and said he is "a lovely man, and very supportive." And then there are coupley photos like this 🥴
The only people I know to be that supportive of their other half getting cosy with another person tend to be the polyamorous sort....

Reactions: 6
Intimate clinch? It was a quick hug goodbye (a hug with only one arm) as they went their separate ways. I don’t even think Adam’s arm/hand is even fully touching Katya’s back

FGS the DM are pathetic
Yep, and clearly, even if they were at it (which they're not) there are clearly 2 chauffeurs there so they wouldn't be doing anything. Just seems desperate to hide in the carpark and then flog this 'clinch'.
Meanwhile Gio and Rose are draped over each other and everyone is like 'cute besties!'

Reactions: 12
Ugh.

It's annoying. Maybe I'm speaking for myself but even if I was a major, major fan of somebody, I wouldn't vote just to keep them in a programme if I could see that others were better. Tom is stiff and awkward, exactly the same as Joe Sugg was, not that good with a die-hard fanbase commanding the vote to the detriment of better contestants.
I hold my hands up and say I am obsessed with Joe Sugg, in a way that is entirely inappropriate for a woman approaching 40. I adored him on Strictly, he could do no wrong in my rose-tinted opinion.
On Saturday, I thought Tom was dreadful, then my sister compared his whole dance, appearance everything to Joe and I had to admit she is right. A part of me died inside!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
Looks like an engagement interview pic!

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
I hold my hands up and say I am obsessed with Joe Sugg, in a way that is entirely inappropriate for a woman approaching 40. I adored him on Strictly, he could do no wrong in my rose-tinted opinion.
On Saturday, I thought Tom was dreadful, then my sister compared his whole dance, appearance everything to Joe and I had to admit she is right. A part of me died inside!
I think he’s in this new series of Who Do You Think You Are too 😉 don’t know which week though.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Random question but I've been wondering the last few weeks as the sets become more elaborate. Is the show really filmed live or is there a few minutes delay? They seem to get the different sets up so quickly in between dances?

Reactions: 2
Sexy pics?
UTTER FILTH!!!!

I only want to talk about how many series’ there have been and how long it takes to get the set ready between dances!!

This is NOT what I signed up for!!!

5E6FEB15-FA47-4939-BE5F-1CC04F50B596.jpeg

This is what a signed up for! (Judging by the look on Tess’s face, it’s not what she signed up for though 😳)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Random question but I've been wondering the last few weeks as the sets become more elaborate. Is the show really filmed live or is there a few minutes delay? They seem to get the different sets up so quickly in between dances?
I bore myself with the amount of times I speak about the time I was in the audience…after the dance is finished and the couple go upstairs about 10-15 folk come on, clear the floor and get the next set ready by the time the scores are given and the next couple’s VT finishes. It’s a very well oiled machine.

I think they’re gearing more towards CGI - the dancing zombies made Judi’s dance, I can’t lie 😂

Reactions: 18
UTTER FILTH!!!!

I only want to talk about how many series’ there have been and how long it takes to get the set ready between dances!!

This is NOT what I signed up for!!!

View attachment 841382

This is what a signed up for! (Judging by the look on Tess’s face, it’s not what she signed up for though 😳)
They don’t do it like this anymore😩

They’ve completely lost the sexy vibe the show used to have. It’s now all aboard the family friendly train and at times it leans more towards being a kids show than Saturday night entertainment.

Reactions: 8
They don’t do it like this anymore😩

They’ve completely lost the sexy vibe the show used to have. It’s now all aboard the family friendly train and at times it leans more towards being a kids show than Saturday night entertainment.
Dancing with the stars is way more OTT - well it used to be anyway. Can’t see SCD doing burlesque like DWTS does!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I'm a bit old for McFly but I was the same and thought they weren't really setting the world alight with their groovy tunes 🤣

I didn't actually have anything against Tom until Giovanna did I'm a Celebrity but it ensured I boycot anything to do with any of them now.
I didn't have an opinion on Tom or Giovanna until they claimed furlough money for his mum because she didn't have to babysit (?!) even though he was getting a shedload from McDonalds for having his tit books in their Happy meals and she was getting a fee for IAC!

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.