Strictly Come Dancing 2021 #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has Gorka been in the studio the past couple of Saturdays? I haven’t seen him but have been fast forwarding thru a lot of it so might’ve missed him. Just thought it was strange as the other still show up.
He was there saturday. Saw a pic of him with Karen. She had a long wig on

Reactions: 1
They were certainly never in say 1D’s league were they? I only really remember two of their songs being big hits, and I’m sure Busted were actually more popular. Yet they seem to have a really big fan base now and their concerts are always sell outs . One of my cousins is a huge fan and I’ve noticed she is also a bit obsessive about them. She was all over social media last year during IAC telling us to vote Giovanna. Erm no thanks. She actually got quite annoyed with people who wanted Jordan to win and was commenting with ‘no vote Giovanna’ all the time. I still think he was robbed. But this is what we are all up against. I actually don’t dislike the other members of McFly by the way, just Tom. Harry was absolutely the best of his series and deserved to win.
I think they have attracted a big following now the are older. I was a pre teen when they first started, admittedly I was more a busted fan but they weren't mega big back then. They seemed to of got massive all of a sudden. My friend that is a few years younger than me is a real big fan of theirs.

Reactions: 2
Mcfly regained a load of fans when they did the mcbusted thing(which included supporting 1D). Prior to this they were trundling along with a smaller but dedicated bunch of fans who in 2010 were mostly young adults in their late teens and very early twenties. I actually think everyone bar Tom was happy with this.

Then Tom started YouTube went viral, did the dear carrie tit and then mcbusted happened and new breed of fan came about. These are the rabid ones and then you add in the rabid insta mums obsessed with Gi. Tom is a greedy duck who’d probably sell his grandma for five more minutes of fame.

Reactions: 9
Bye - can't abide the gratuitous foul language found on this forum. 24 hours has been more than enough!

As long as I can find the means to close my account I won't see any response so just ignore this post.
Will keep my dirty thoughts about Danny Mac to myself next time x

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Yea I think he has, I’m not sure about the Saturday before last but that’s when he posted he had a flat tyre so not sure if he made it or not.
They definitely don’t show him enough. I would like to see his reaction to every dance and a little dance interlude from Gorka rather than the VT’s please. Giovanni and Aljaz VT’s can stay if he needs a rest.
Gemma said on her radio show that he didn't make it in time last week because of his car trouble, but he was there on Saturday - I think he was sitting with Luba

Yes, just more Gorka in general please 😩😆

Reactions: 6
My daughter was a huge McFly fan but isn’t keen on the Fletcher mob. Tom and his family are always extra. His wedding speech, pregnancy announcements were bigger, better and grander than anyone else. When his wife was on IAC he made this grand announcement while she was still in the castle that they will donate her winnings to breast cancer. I’d have more respect had they said this after she left. I’m always suspicious of them as they are a family of show offs who love the limelight. Don’t even get me started on his sister!

Reactions: 19
My daughter was a huge McFly fan but isn’t keen on the Fletcher mob. Tom and his family are always extra. His wedding speech, pregnancy announcements were bigger, better and grander than anyone else. When his wife was on IAC he made this grand announcement while she was still in the castle that they will donate her winnings to breast cancer. I’d have more respect had they said this after she left. I’m always suspicious of them as they are a family of show offs who love the limelight. Don’t even get me started on his sister!
I understand that they have a decent sized fan base, but talking about Tom in particular - he's just utterly charmless and boring and has done nothing on Strictly that could really win over the show's general voting audience so far. And that's what wins Strictly when it comes down to it, not big followings (see Joe Sugg).

I guess he's this year's 'nice middle class young man' which always helps, but I don't think he can win just doing what he's doing now, especially up against Rose, John and AJ who are getting much more attention

Reactions: 7
Tom could be runner-up but would be a fairly hollow runner up in the same vein as Joe Sugg. In fact, I can see some parallels between their SCD journeys - middling dancer with a fanbase that can get them far but isn't enough to overpower the general audience vote for the win.

Reactions: 8
I cringed a bit at that shoot with all the couple posing! It's a bit ship baiting, which feels unnecessary I can well believe they have a lovely genuine friendship.

Reactions: 12
I cringed a bit at that shoot with all the couple posing! It's a bit ship baiting, which feels unnecessary I can well believe they have a lovely genuine friendship.
Yeah, I wondered where Rose's bf is - as far as I know he hasn't been at the show and hasn't been mentioned.. Gio is *very* good at giving the impression of being smitten (remember there were rumours about him and Debbie??!)..

Reactions: 12
I used to be a big McFly fan but never really liked Tom. He won me over a bit with the wedding speech song but for the last couple of years, he and Gi have just been getting more and more insufferable. I think he's gone on thinking hell have the success Harry had, but a) McFly aren't the massive draw that they were back then, and b) Harry could DANCE. Plus Harry has a good personality and didn't have the bad press of the furlough scheme before going on. I'm surprised he's getting any share of the votes tbf cos he's not likeable and just... Not very good.

Reactions: 13
Yeah, I wondered where Rose's bf is - as far as I know he hasn't been at the show and hasn't been mentioned.. Gio is *very* good at giving the impression of being smitten (remember there were rumours about him and Debbie??!)..
She mentioned her boyfriend on The Last Leg. I haven't heard about him on Strictly though.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.