Strictly Come Dancing 2020

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve found tonight’s show to be a bit of a disappointment... given that Movie Night has (in some form) been part of the show for at least a decade, they have basically rehashed a load of content from the last 2 series and added in some inane chatter in between. I was expecting to see the best dances in full, not just short clips. Won’t be tuning in for the rest of the ‘specials’

Reactions: 6
I’ve found tonight’s show to be a bit of a disappointment... given that Movie Night has (in some form) been part of the show for at least a decade, they have basically rehashed a load of content from the last 2 series and added in some inane chatter in between. I was expecting to see the best dances in full, not just short clips. Won’t be tuning in for the rest of the ‘specials’
I was expecting full dances too not clips

Reactions: 1
That pass the popcorn bit they did pissed me off because they clearly hadn't planned to make sure they all had the same amount of popcorn in their tubs so the continuity of it was, as Craig would say, a disaster darling.

Reactions: 2
I actually really enjoyed the show tonight. 😙

I had a feeling there was going to be talking than showing the dances; I mean thats what youtube is for! :sneaky:

I always like to hear the pro's and judges talk about things from their point of view. :)

To be fair I would have taken away the popcorn bit too! :ROFLMAO:

Watching tonight’s show...I’m still pissed about Dianne and Dev going out way too early.

Reactions: 6
I'm actually glad! It's time to get Gorka back!

I don't think Neil left much of an impression last year he was a bit dull.
If they pick Gorka over him I may be a little forgiving but if they don’t and they’re both benched I’ll be pissed

I don't think Neil left much of an impression last year he was a bit dull.
I felt that as well. I was surprised as based on everything I heard about him in the dance world and through It Takes Two, I expected him to be a big personality and dynamic choreographer, but I didn't really see any of that. Much more subdued personality and fairly unmemorable routines. Nothing about his work last season made me think "I want to see him with the ringer" or "I want him to stay for several more years". I suppose he did a decent job teaching given that Alex had never danced before and footballers tend to struggle a bit but I personally feel that Gorka made more of an impact.

I'd also love to squash the idea that some had about him doing all of Katya's choreography - she's as mad as a box of frogs and her work continued that trend last year with Mike whereas Neil's routines didn't stand out at all. It reeks of misogyny a little bit..

Reactions: 5
I felt that as well. I was surprised as based on everything I heard about him in the dance world and through It Takes Two, I expected him to be a big personality and dynamic choreographer, but I didn't really see any of that. Much more subdued personality and fairly unmemorable routines. Nothing about his work last season made me think "I want to see him with the ringer" or "I want him to stay for several more years". I suppose he did a decent job teaching given that Alex had never danced before and footballers tend to struggle a bit but I personally feel that Gorka made more of an impact.

I'd also love to squash the idea that some had about him doing all of Katya's choreography - she's as mad as a box of frogs and her work continued that trend last year with Mike whereas Neil's routines didn't stand out at all. It reeks of misogyny a little bit..
Yeah I agree; I think people would argue the point well he didn't get much of a contender last year but there's been worst dancers on the show like Ed Balls who Katya was able to make a real impact with. I mean Alex did get to the quarter final which was good but I think that was mostly down to her likeability more than anything else.

Plus everyone needs to remember that Neil signed onto the show as a part time dancer like Chloe Hewitt (who was let go after the 2017 series) so that fact he got a partner for one series is a blessing for him anyways. I still think that after the whole Katya/Seann kiss gate in 2018 he was given a partner for 2019 as a sort of sympathy gift.

Reactions: 5
I don’t know why but Neil just creeps me out? Maybe that’s too strong? I don’t know, I just didn’t gel with him on the show last year. However if he was expecting to have a partner this year it must have been very difficult to hear the news.

Reactions: 13
I don’t know why but Neil just creeps me out? Maybe that’s too strong? I don’t know, I just didn’t gel with him on the show last year. However if he was expecting to have a partner this year it must have been very difficult to hear the news.
I can never put my finger on it either but I think it's because he's constantly playing a part. He's very insecure I fear, and trying to give the impression of being bubbly and quirky, and it kind of falls flat.
Also I have to admit, grown men who talk alot about loving Disney kids' movies don't do it for me. There, I said it.

Reactions: 11
I'm surprised Neil is benched as haven't they lost Kevin and AJ this year? Although I guess this is to do with the series being shorter.
I liked Neil last year, but may have been more to do Alex being quite likeable.

Last night's special show was awful, one long VT never actually getting to the dances.

Neil’s apparent benching probably means Gorka/Graziano Are getting a partner this year which id be happy with. It’s probably a one series thing because it’s shorter and there was going to be more benching anyway. I do think they could do with signing up some new guys as they’ve lost three without replacements.

I’ve come across a lot of people who can’t warm to Neil or get weird feelings about him. I’ve been indifferent up until recently but lately I can’t with him. I genuinely think he’s having some kind of midlife crisis at the moment.

Reactions: 3
Two male pros and two female pros will have to be benched due to the shorter series, but I'm surprised that Neil is one of them given that most of the female celebs are short this year, and Anton, Aljaz, Graziano and Giovanni are all taller than him. But then most of those are more popular than Neil. I can take or leave him, but his behaviour has been a little strange of late, and his new gf is enjoying all the attention she is getting a little too much for my liking 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.