Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

cherry198

VIP Member
I’ve just seen over on the Digital Spy forums that Jamie and Karen are both training in the same place and went and checked their socials myself and they do seem to be. I had Jamie with Dianne and Karen with Max but I’ve now swapped those around.

lizzolyn

VIP Member
I've forgotten half the people who were announced already there is nobody this year who I'm particularly looking forward to seeing. Do we know how the launch/partner up show will work this year?
They are pre filming the pairings with VT's which will probably shown on the first show, some may happen over a zoom some will happen where the pro goes to meet the contestant dancing with the stars style.

Strictly best of Musicals is on tonight!

lizzolyn

VIP Member
Maisie's dance ability might get her to the final, but she's going to need the likeability as well to win. Right now she's just giving me bratty Saffron vibes :LOL:

So the launch show is filmed tomorrow and hopefully they're still having a small audience so we can get some spoilers of the pairs. After Nicola's partner was papped on the first day of filming the pairings I was expecting there to be similar pap shots of the others, but I've not seen any yet 🧐
Yeah she seems bratty but at least she has more personality than that drip Saffron lol :ROFLMAO:

The pairings are pretty much out there if you see my previous posts maybe the case of 1 or 2 being different just in case; its being the easiest year to suss the couples due to the whole some having to move out and form their own bubble and of course who's following who on instagram.

will there be a male - male partnership (unsure of correct term) ?
No there is only going to be a one same sex couple which is female this year. The celebrity is olympic boxer Nicola Adams. Click the spoiler below to find out the pro she is with; this is based on pap pics that leaked last week.

Katya

glasgow27

VIP Member
They gave her quite a good song for Samba as well so I think she probably has the top score in the bag for Week 1, I can see her killing it for sure.

Kelvin & Maisie don't have the same appeal though so I don't think they can try and replicate his journey for her.

glasgow27

VIP Member
Seeing DWTS last night makes me wish that SCD was back sooner...

Couldn't they have done a 13 week series like normal and just scrapped the pro dances? Were the pro dances ever that popular anyway?

Flossy2019

VIP Member
Did anyone see the strictly stories today ? One of the professionals said their partner talks a lot.. I think must be Clara??

invisibleotter

Chatty Member
So with it nearly being September & that. I know nothing has been confirmed or serlt, but just thought I'd try strat this thread up again.
Anyone seen any rumours if celebs that might do it?
Is there any celebs you would like to see in it?
Any gossip about the pros or the judges?

EmmaS68

I thought the dancers and the pros would have to be locked in together for the duration of the series and before and after? Surely that would make it more likely that they would cheat?
Neil Jones has been flaunting his new girlfriend all over the papers. Shame she was gay 3 weeks ago 😄
I think it's her twin sister who's gay.

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
Alongside Nicola the other two announced today were Clara Amfo and Ranvir Singh.

I think Gorka might get Clara?

Lreb88

VIP Member
I wonder who will partner with Nicola Adams?

Is he a ‘celebrity’ in his own right or did he get the place purely on who he used to date?
Jason Bell is a former NFL player and does punditry for the BBC when they cover American football so he’s definitely a ‘celebrity’. Probably not as well known here in the UK though. I didn’t even know he had dated Nadine!

lizzolyn

VIP Member
Thanks for the info about Max (not my cup of tea looks wise at all, but I think I’m probably in the minority there!)

I don’t buy into the “Strictly curse” in the way the media put it... but I do think that attractive people who spend 10+ hours a day mostly alone, for weeks on end, in a competitive environment, acting out romantic storylines and having to get used to being very physically close, often in skimpy clothing, can and does lead to intense attraction between some couples, and maybe more!

It’s similar in many other jobs I think, like the way so many actors hook up with each other on overseas shoots.
That's true but I just think they're just friends; I mean I would say you would want to be friendly with someone when they're teaching you to dance and you could potentially be spending 3 months together 6 days a week for 10+ hours a day.

Maisie Smith and Jamie Laing have been announced. Not gonna lie, Maisie was very good in the Christmas ep, maybe this could be her redemption?

cherry198

VIP Member
I'm not convinced that they were that invested in Neil and think that he came as a package deal with Katya back in 2016. After 3 years on the bench, they probably felt that they kinda had to give Neil a partner for the 2019 series and saw Pasha's departure as the ideal opportunity for Neil to get a spot. What they probably didn't anticipate was that they only signed 7 female celebrities and most of them were taller than Neil, Kevin, Gorka & AJ.

With their obligation to give Neil a partner and the other two being pros that have always made it far, that left Gorka out in the cold. As it stood, Neil didn't really 'take off' as an audience favourite and with both AJ & Kevin out this year, Gorka got his spot as a main pro back. I am kinda surprised that Neil didn't get a spot this year but if it was a choice between him & Gorka, it's easy to see why they chose Gorka for a number of reasons. He probably got Maisie as a 'reward' for being on the bench as whilst she is annoying, she is probably a golden ticket to the final.

Don't like the benched pro thing either, should only be for the newbies who need a year or two before being ready to have a celeb.
I’ve got to agree with this.They need to just drop the pros they no longer want there instead of keeping them out of some kind of loyalty.They’re all contracted year to year anyway.

It’s been a while since they’ve had a bit of a shake up of the professional line up.The female line up has remained unchanged since Aliona,Ola,Kristina,Natalie,Joanne etc all left so they’re due a change there.I think a few will leave soon anyway.

glasgow27

VIP Member
It annoys me when people go on about how it doesn't matter if they don't have well-known names because we get to know then as the series goes on etc etc. Compare the 'who???' reactions last year to the Bill Bailey reveal this year - it really does matter. The announcements of Emma Weymouth and Saffron were so ridiculous - almost like a form of gaslighting with Strictly desperately trying to convince us these were exciting reveals

Also, a special shout out to 2018 when they'd revealed all but two names, and I was convinced they must be saving the best until last. And then the last two reveals were... Susannah Constantine and Charles Venn 😂

(Although I did love the Charles Venn samba)
You're spot on there - names that excite people will bring in the viewers. Granted, there are a few whingers who don't like any of the names but it's not an issue unless most of the audience have no clue who someone is.

I don't mind if they have a few lesser known names if the BBC sees potential in them for future work (maybe presenting?) and is trying to give them more exposure for their popularity or if they have a great personality/dancing potential and the BBC think they'd be perfect for the show. Though they still need a reasonable number of names that get people excited.

Viscountess Emma & Saffron were in neither of those categories, you can't seriously expect people to have been excited for them.

They should ditch Jason Gilkison & his behind the scenes assistants and instead, use the money saved to attract a few more names of Bill Bailey's calibre.

JoJo2020

I'd be staggered if it's Zoe. I can't see how it would appeal to her in the slightest.

I suspect the 'female YouTube star' is Holly H. She's much better known for TikTok but has a significant presence on YouTube.