Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

invisibleotter

Chatty Member
I have a feeling that Laura was supposed to be dancing with somebody else, and they swapped at the last moment to give her Gio and potential DRAMA, which seems really unfair on them both.
Yeah, Strictly clearly wanted headlines & what better way of getting headlines then a bitter break up & strictly curse rumours. It was fair on either Giovanni or Laura what happened. I just don't like how Laura is always blamed for the issues with her & Giovanni's partnership, when she was just caught in the middle of his break-up.

glasgow27

VIP Member
Does anyone here watch Dancing with the Stars? They have got some great celebs from back in the day this season, plus a few from recent Netflix shows, amazing cast compared UK 🙄 Also Derek Hough will be a judge this time around with Tyra Banks hosting!
They've pulled a great cast out of the bag this season for sure. I like watching it but the last 3 seasons were crap due to rogue results (talentless radio guy Bobby Bones winning 2 years ago and last year, Sean Spicer making the quarter final). Tyra being host won't improve things as she's so full of her own self importance but I like the cast and some of my favourite pros are back. Derek as a judge should be interesting, I think that the show did miss his presence.

I'm a bit frustrated that they paired Johnny Weir with a newbie pro (Britt Stewart) whose background isn't ballroom. He could be so good but I wish that they hired pros that were more proficient in ballroom/latin. That is one negative about DWTS - they don't seem to care at all about traditional ballroom there and have hired numerous pros without a sufficient background in ballroom & latin in the past. At least all of the SCD pros (as much as I'd like to see the back of some of them) are sufficiently trained in the dance styles, except for Anton in Latin and Graziano, Karen, Janette in Ballroom.

Carole Baskin's first dance is a Paso to "Eye of the Tiger". Can't wait for that!

The 3 partnerships of AJ McLean & Cheryl Burke, Kaitlyn Bristowe & Artem Chigvintsev and Jesse Metcalfe & Sharna Burgess excite me. I think all 3 could be really interesting and do well. And I'm so happy that Artem finally has a good partner. Skai Jackson & Alan Bersten could also be good but I think that she could struggle for votes due to being from Disney and also her recent controversies (a lot of the viewing audience is kinda racist unfortunately :().

It's generally a high ability cast - with the exception of Charles Oakley & Carole Baskin, everyone is either a ringer or could have some potential.

glasgow27

VIP Member
It does annoy me that Anton gets picked over the younger dancers but I do understand why, with him being popular with the old nans, he’s never gonna not be given a partner.
No pro is bigger than the show, I highly doubt that viewing figures would plummet if he left.

If he's really that important to the show, I'd say that he should get a spot on the judging panel. Maybe to replace Bruno or Motsi as the "crazy" one? At least he has a background in ballroom I guess.

To add to the Neil stuff, I went through Twitter to find the tweets that had screenshots of his old account:

Chilli pepper 19

VIP Member
Yikes, forgot her. And whilst Katie Piper seems like a nice person, I get the impression that she was kinda high-maintenance as well (understandably so though).
To be fair though, i can't imagine anyone else but the lovely Gorka dealing with massive pains like these. I loved how furious Alexandra got because he dared to fancy and date Louise. Could you imagine Giovanni with Alexandra!!

MissTeddy

VIP Member
What are JJ‘s disabilities/ physical limitations? I know he was injured in a landmine attack but wasn’t sure If he’d Said anything more.

Restless Native

VIP Member
Agreed - I think that they had virtually no rehearsal time due to distancing etc. Very, very short.

Never really a fan of them bringing back the winners on launch shows - I wish they quietly dropped it when Joe McFadden didn't bother doing it a few years ago, it ruins the magic of the dance. Loved the Showdance last year but it was crap this time. A quick hello and interview with Kelvin would have been fine.
Wasn't it rumoured joe and Craig had a thing and that was why he didn't come back

M.fairy

Chatty Member
Think it’s probably one of the worst line ups in a long time but I’ll still be watching as I love the show and I’m just glad there still doing it this year to be honest.
Agree that Dancing with the stars will be better, what channel can I watch it on?
I usually watch the dances on YouTube, don’t know if you can watch it on a channel? If you can please let me know aswell 💕

Youtubegossip

VIP Member
I reckon they will have a hard time getting "celebs" this year.. The bubble idea and not seeing there families could be an issue as well as not getting the full strictly experience as there will be so many changes.. I wonder how the ratings will be too.. Many people could be out living after lockdown. Who knows how it will all go 🤔
Might stop them all cheating on their partners 😂

MissTeddy

VIP Member

So, I have a weird story about this and I don’t know who else to tell 😂! When Karen was dancing with Chris Ramsey she was at Kings Cross with David and I only recognised her as the pair were doing a very full on PDA in front of the entire train station, it was super cringeworthy and everyone was staring!! Then I went to catch the tube home and I ended up sitting next to David (I didn’t recognise him at the time!) but I glanced down at his phone and he was googling her and I thought, ‘ohhh that’s funny, he must have seen the embarrassing behaviour and wanted to check it was her too!) then he was texting a ‘Little Bear’ on his phone all of this over the top I love you shizzle and I didn’t put the parts together ... a few days later I saw them together in the DM and I was like ohhh wait the guy from the tube was her bf but why the fuck was he sat going through pages and pages of pics of her on Google Images?! Bit odd 🤦🏼‍♀️
I wonder if he was hoping to see some papped pictures of himself ...reflected fame and glory