Strictly Come Dancing 2020

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I reckon that we'll see a male same-sex pairing at some point but none this year. Perhaps they can get Tom Daley interested if/when he retires or takes a break from competing - I've wanted him to do it for years.

They probably did a female same-sex pairing this year since Nicola was a good signing for the show and it's what she wanted. Plus, the imbalance of male and female pros (all females from last year are back while AJ & Kevin resigned and weren't officially replaced) made it an ideal opportunity, otherwise 3 female pros could have been left without a partner.

Nicola is a good celeb to start off with as she's fairly young and an athlete so will put plenty of effort in. I'm relieved that it's not a camp comedy act type (no disrespect to the likes of Russell Grant) as I feel that people wouldn't take them seriously and it could lead to people not accepting the idea of same-sex pairings at all.

Reactions: 4
Male same sex partnership - and no not competing, two of the pros dance together last year, resulting in a lot of backlash, but hopefully the British public can’t get over their homophobia and it will be a more common thing especially as same sex female partners are quite common in ballroom anways
I don't think there was much of a backlash to Johaness and Graziano doing a dance last year; yeah some homophobes complained but that was nothing compared to the people who loved it.

I think what surprised me was that it was going to be female same sex couple as the first this year; I thought after the boys dance last year, they're being a same sex male couple on DWTS in australia and on dancing on ice earlier this year that the first same sex couple was going to be male.

I guess firstly the strictly bosses had to find a contestant that they liked that wanted to be in a same sex partnership but like you said seeing as a lot of girls dance together in the competing world it make sense.

I reckon that we'll see a male same-sex pairing at some point but none this year. Perhaps they can get Tom Daley interested if/when he retires or takes a break from competing - I've wanted him to do it for years.

They probably did a female same-sex pairing this year since Nicola was a good signing for the show and it's what she wanted. Plus, the imbalance of male and female pros (all females from last year are back while AJ & Kevin resigned and weren't officially replaced) made it an ideal opportunity, otherwise 3 female pros could have been left without a partner.

Nicola is a good celeb to start off with as she's fairly young and an athlete so will put plenty of effort in. I'm relieved that it's not a camp comedy act type (no disrespect to the likes of Russell Grant) as I feel that people wouldn't take them seriously and it could lead to people not accepting the idea of same-sex pairings at all.
I LOVE Tom Daley! I've been thinking surely strictly bosses would be wanting him but I guess it might make more sense for him to do it after the olympics.

Yeah the dancefloor would be scarce of the female pros at that rate! :ROFLMAO:

Imagine Alexandra with Kevin, Brendan or James Jordan! Didn't think Giovanni was particularly fiery, the only celeb he clashed with was Laura Whitmore and I can't exactly call her the most likeable person.

I believe that Alexandra & Gorka may have fell out on tour over him being involved with Gemma. I'd read on Digital Spy that Alexandra had organised a girls day out to a spa when the tour was in Glasgow and didn't invite Gemma.
Just like to point out, that Laura & Giovanni didn't get on due to external factors that had nothing to do with dancing. Laura was friends with Georgia May Foote who Gio was partnered with the year before & had a relationship with, but just before Strictly started they broke up & it was very bitter. So there were Strictly curse rumours that Laura & Giovanni got together, which upset Laura, as she was friends with Georgia, Laura also didn't like that she was contracted with Strictly to do red carpets with Giovanni, which made them look like a couple. You also need to remember Laura was an up & coming presenter in her 20's at the time who wanylted to make a name for herself because of her abilities not because of her personal life. Strictly would have been the first time really that her personel life was all over the media, so it was a big wake up call for her.

As for Alexandra & Gorka, they fell out after Blackpool. Alexandra didn't think Gorka was putting enough effort into choreography for her dances & that it was his fault she kept ending up in the bottom two. Then around musicals week is when Gorka & Gemma started flirting etc, probably more happened, but it was them Alexandra had a full on tantrum that Gorka wasn't giving her enough attention & was spending too much time with Gemma & not enough time in teaching her the dances or choreography. She was a complete diva.

Reactions: 3
I have a feeling that Laura was supposed to be dancing with somebody else, and they swapped at the last moment to give her Gio and potential DRAMA, which seems really unfair on them both.

Reactions: 2
I have a feeling that Laura was supposed to be dancing with somebody else, and they swapped at the last moment to give her Gio and potential DRAMA, which seems really unfair on them both.
Yeah, Strictly clearly wanted headlines & what better way of getting headlines then a bitter break up & strictly curse rumours. It was fair on either Giovanni or Laura what happened. I just don't like how Laura is always blamed for the issues with her & Giovanni's partnership, when she was just caught in the middle of his break-up.

I don't think there was much of a backlash to Johaness and Graziano doing a dance last year; yeah some homophobes complained but that was nothing compared to the people who loved it.
I think there was about 200 Complaints which to be fair isn’t a lot compared to other things, they didn’t post the dance on YouTube because of the complaints plus a lot of tweets/Facebook comments about it

I know a lot of people who dance girl/girl who weren't very happy that it was men doing the first same-sex dance as if it were a huge thing when there are thousands of regularly competing girl/girl couples all over the country.

I'm quite glad it's been evened out by the first same-sex pro/celeb couple being female.

Reactions: 1
Just like to point out, that Laura & Giovanni didn't get on due to external factors that had nothing to do with dancing. Laura was friends with Georgia May Foote who Gio was partnered with the year before & had a relationship with, but just before Strictly started they broke up & it was very bitter. So there were Strictly curse rumours that Laura & Giovanni got together, which upset Laura, as she was friends with Georgia, Laura also didn't like that she was contracted with Strictly to do red carpets with Giovanni, which made them look like a couple. You also need to remember Laura was an up & coming presenter in her 20's at the time who wanylted to make a name for herself because of her abilities not because of her personal life. Strictly would have been the first time really that her personel life was all over the media, so it was a big wake up call for her.

As for Alexandra & Gorka, they fell out after Blackpool. Alexandra didn't think Gorka was putting enough effort into choreography for her dances & that it was his fault she kept ending up in the bottom two. Then around musicals week is when Gorka & Gemma started flirting etc, probably more happened, but it was them Alexandra had a full on tantrum that Gorka wasn't giving her enough attention & was spending too much time with Gemma & not enough time in teaching her the dances or choreography. She was a complete diva.
From what I remember, Gorka's choreography was great that series, so I'm not sure he's solely to blame for her ending up in the bottom two a lot. The press definitely had it in for her, which obviously didn't help, but I think her being a massive ringer was the biggest factor

And as for him spending too much time with Gemma, she was in Manchester with Aljaz for most of the series 😆.

She might have been within her rights to be a bit pissed off as Gemma was the competition, but I don't think the celebs can really dictate what their pro does on their day off. Also, a similar thing happened with Giovanni and Ashley the following year and I don't remember anyone kicking off about that

Gorka’s choreo for Alexandra was fantastic. I wonder if her complaint about him (aside from Gemma) was that she was unhappy to have a newer pro who had only ever competed in one series before for a total of 3 weeks.

I bet that she thought she would have won with a high profile, experienced pro like Pasha or Kevin and was angry that the show gave her a newbie who was yet to develop a fanbase.

Gorka’s choreo for Alexandra was fantastic. I wonder if her complaint about him (aside from Gemma) was that she was unhappy to have a newer pro who had only ever competed in one series before for a total of 3 weeks.

I bet that she thought she would have won with a high profile, experienced pro like Pasha or Kevin and was angry that the show gave her a newbie who was yet to develop a fanbase.
She was never going to win no matter who she had as a pro partner. The fact that she had experience and also the fact that the press were out to get her from day one ruined her chances from the very start sadly.

From what I remember, Gorka's choreography was great that series, so I'm not sure he's solely to blame for her ending up in the bottom two a lot. The press definitely had it in for her, which obviously didn't help, but I think her being a massive ringer was the biggest factor

And as for him spending too much time with Gemma, she was in Manchester with Aljaz for most of the series 😆.

She might have been within her rights to be a bit pissed off as Gemma was the competition, but I don't think the celebs can really dictate what their pro does on their day off. Also, a similar thing happened with Giovanni and Ashley the following year and I don't remember anyone kicking off about that
There was no basis for her complaints about Gorka's choreography, it was fantastic & it was definetly not his fault they ended up in the bottom 2, but I guess she wanted someone to blame & didn't want to see that she just wasn't likeable to the public.

Although I take alot of what the tabloids say with a pinch of salt, it is not the first time that things have been said about Alexandra's diva like behaviour. I remember back when she won the x-factor that she acted like a diva & was very rude all because of the hallelujah music video. Over the years though there has been other things that have come out about how she treats people & as they say there's no smoke without a fire, so I do think some the stuff said is true.

I actually loved Alexandra and Gorka. His choreo was great and she's the only ringer I've ever routed for. The only disappointing routine was their samba.

I LOVE Tom Daley! I've been thinking surely strictly bosses would be wanting him but I guess it might make more sense for him to do it after the olympics.
Fingers crossed they can cast him for 2021, regardless of whether he wants to dance with a male or female pro. He's been near the top of my SCD wishlist for a while and would be ideal for a post Olympic signing. I wonder if he'd be a good dancer or not.

And although totally unrelated to same-sex pairings, Kim Woodburn is also near the top of my 2021 wishlist.

Reactions: 2
Am i the only one that didn't like Alexandra Burke?
Her dancing wasn't THAT amazing, she lacked charm IMO, even though Gorka is great

Reactions: 8
Am i the only one that didn't like Alexandra Burke?
Her dancing wasn't THAT amazing, she lacked charm IMO, even though Gorka is great
I didn't like her either. I love Gorka & his choreography, but thought Alexandra just wasn't likeable. Like I really liked Ashley & Faye the year after, so it's not that I didn't like Alexandra cause she was a ringer, I just didn't like her as a person.

Reactions: 5
I didn't like her either. I love Gorka & his choreography, but thought Alexandra just wasn't likeable. Like I really liked Ashley & Faye the year after, so it's not that I didn't like Alexandra cause she was a ringer, I just didn't like her as a person.
I totally agree. I'm not bothered if people have previous experience. I loved watching Caroline dance and wanted her to win. Alexandra came across as a bit of a witch who thought she deserved to win and already getting the same feeling with Maisie.

Also already bored of HRVY posting fauxmance stories in the papers. Just focus on being a good dancer as this obviously fake angle never works

Reactions: 4
I totally agree. I'm not bothered if people have previous experience. I loved watching Caroline dance and wanted her to win. Alexandra came across as a bit of a witch who thought she deserved to win and already getting the same feeling with Maisie.

Also already bored of HRVY posting fauxmance stories in the papers. Just focus on being a good dancer as this obviously fake angle never works
Where has he said anything about a fauxmance? As fair as I was aware he was asked about Maisie and said she was a great girl which in my eyes is a valid answer to a question he was asked. Unless you’ve seen another story where he’s hinted at a romance

There's been a couple of articles in the papers. One saying her texted her after the cin special and another saying they had amazing chemistry when they met. I'm probably being harsh and it's the paper's stirring things up but they're already pissing me off and the show hasn't started.

Any more gossip on partners?

Any more gossip on partners?
I've only seen speculation based on which family member of the pros is following which celeb. Then it'd be
Aljaz&Clara and Janette&Hrvy (and Johannes and Caroline, I think).

Hopefully we'll get spoilers after tonight's recording of the launch show!

I really didn't like what I saw of Maisie in that VT yesterday. I'm not hating on someone who is confident but she just seems a bit up herself. Not an ounce of humility with her. I think we can rule her winning out, the audience won't like her.

I'm now torn between wanting Gorka with her so we can have more of his great choreo or for him to get someone with less potential that he can have fun with.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.