Strictly Come Dancing 2020

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Denise, Jason & Colin are all the first to do both shows (unless the Christmas specials count). Not sure any of those 3 will replicate their success on the ice as they are older now than on SCD (nobody older does well on DOI due to injury potential) but I'm sure they'll give it their best.

Any past DOI contestants we'd like on SCD? I'd quite like Bonnie Langford - an older contestant who can actually dance plus she seems really sweet as well. I'm fine with somebody doing both shows (as long as their appearances are not within a few years of each other) although a definite no to anyone who did a DWTS abroad (looking at you Pamela Anderson - 2x on DWTS USA, 1x on Argentina version, 1x DOI and 1x French version).
I'm not a big dancing on ice fan; skating doesn't interest me at all. I think I watched a couple of the earlier series when I was a kid and that was it.

The only name I can think of is Radzi Chinyanganya who did the strictly children in need special in 2017. I think he was tipped to join strictly last year but nothing came of it and of course he then did doi earlier this year so I cant see him doing strictly for a while.

Reactions: 1
I'm not a big dancing on ice fan; skating doesn't interest me at all. I think I watched a couple of the earlier series when I was a kid and that was it.

The only name I can think of is Radzi Chinyanganya who did the strictly children in need special in 2017. I think he was tipped to join strictly last year but nothing came of it and of course he then did doi earlier this year so I cant see him doing strictly for a while.
I watched DOI a bit in it's original run and watched it avidly in the James Jordan series but last year wasn't that good and I'm not bothering this time. I like skating but the show is crap.

I'd also like Radzi on Strictly, good personality and seems to have dance skills. He didn't make it that far nor did he have much impact on DOI so I can't see why he couldn't do it in a few years. Just hope he would put the work in on SCD, I feel that he took it easy on DOI because he was initially a reserve and as a result, his skating was rubbish.

Reactions: 2
Yeah so happy for Hrvy; noticed his strictly countdown was out today as well so he must be at the studio able to do the promo photos/fittings and the like. I think HRVY seems to be the biggest question mark on which pro is going to get him because he is the youngest and a ringer it's more of a pigeonholed box; still seems like Janette and Dianne are the front runners.

Kai seems like a good one; heard nothing but positive things from his time on the DWTS ireland; he also has burn the floor experience so he is more than capable.

Yeah I haven't seen them live (only saw youtube videos of the kevin and karen tour, strictly tour, here come the girls tour, professionals tour and some burn the floor clips) but I think any of the pros who were Burn the floor members always seem to give that extra oomph :p

Yeah maybe they will include more dancers who knows??? Last strictly tour I saw was the Harry Judd year :p
I hope Dianne doesn’t get him, she always get good dancers she needs a old guy who has no ability 😂

I hope Dianne doesn’t get him, she always get good dancers she needs a old guy who has no ability 😂
I would disagree on that point. :p

Her first year she got absolute duffer Rev Richard Coles, then she got Joe and Dev who were two middlers. I believe that Dianne is a very good teacher and choreographer who I think if Joe and Dev got someone else they may not have danced as well as they did with her. (She was unfortunate with Dev the week they were eliminated to get the useless cha cha with a not a great concept , it was also a week where everyone did well so the votes went all over).

She has yet to get a true ringer, so if she does get a middle or duffer this year I would say next year for fairness alone she should get a ringer.

Reactions: 7
Rev Richard Coles had to be one of the worst dancers ever - if Dianne only got young celebs from now on, I wouldn’t mind given that she had to drag him around the floor.

Reactions: 5
Rev Richard Coles had to be one of the worst dancers ever - if Dianne only got young celebs from now on, I wouldn’t mind given that she had to drag him around the floor.
Terrible dancer but a fab personality - his pre-show interviews and exit chat on ITT were all divine (pardon the pun). He even made the VTs watchable!

Reactions: 6
I would disagree on that point. :p

Her first year she got absolute duffer Rev Richard Coles, then she got Joe and Dev who were two middlers. I believe that Dianne is a very good teacher and choreographer who I think if Joe and Dev got someone else they may not have danced as well as they did with her. (She was unfortunate with Dev the week they were eliminated to get the useless cha cha with a not a great concept , it was also a week where everyone did well so the votes went all over).

She has yet to get a true ringer, so if she does get a middle or duffer this year I would say next year for fairness alone she should get a ringer.
she always gets popular Celebs and the past two years got celebs who actually had a chance at doing well. I agree non have be ringers but not many of the celebs have had ringers. I think there’s better pros who I would prefer with ringers, like Ashley and Pasha, They were able to do well even though she was a ringer because of he was one of the best pros whereas Aston Merrygold for example didn’t do aswell because there were better pros than Jeannette.

she always gets popular Celebs and the past two years got celebs who actually had a chance at doing well. I agree non have be ringers but not many of the celebs have had ringers. I think there’s better pros who I would prefer with ringers, like Ashley and Pasha, They were able to do well even though she was a ringer because of he was one of the best pros whereas Aston Merrygold for example didn’t do aswell because there were better pros than Jeannette.
I think the only popular celeb she had was Joe even that was off as he was only popular with the youngsters that watch the show and he grew in popularity across the weeks with the regular strictly audience.

I think only Kevin has been the extremely fortunate pro with his partners followed by Giovanni, Oti and Pasha.

You're right in the fact that just because you get a ringer doesn't mean you will do well like case in point Janette and Aston.

The point I'm making with Dianne is she has never had a full fledged ringer at all.

I think only Kevin has been the extremely fortunate pro with his partners followed by Giovanni, Oti and Pasha.
Janette as well. She's had Jake Wood, Peter Andre, Aston Merrygold and looks to have another good partner this year based on the heights of the men and assuming that Oti gets Bill as reigning champ. Plus, Will Bayley was also young and fit and could have probably stuck around a bit longer had he not got injured. Even Melvin & Dr. Ranj were more mid-table than duffer. She's a genuinely lovely person but I wish that the show would stop trying to make her happen.

Reactions: 4
Janette as well. She's had Jake Wood, Peter Andre, Aston Merrygold and looks to have another good partner this year based on the heights of the men and assuming that Oti gets Bill as reigning champ. Plus, Will Bayley was also young and fit and could have probably stuck around a bit longer had he not got injured. Even Melvin & Dr. Ranj were more mid-table than duffer. She's a genuinely lovely person but I wish that the show would stop trying to make her happen.
Unfortunately the producers don't seem to realise that Janette hasn't got the skills to be able to teach her celebs ballroom properly. I think they're trying to manufacture a Kevin situation so she can win and then leave but she keeps messing it up. I still can't believe she thought jumping off a table last year was a good move for Will.

Reactions: 3
I still can't believe she thought jumping off a table last year was a good move for Will.
If that was her idea, then she shouldn't still be on the show. As it stands, I think that probably was a producer's idea, any pro worth their salt wouldn't suggest that.

If that was her idea, then she shouldn't still be on the show. As it stands, I think that probably was a producer's idea, any pro worth their salt wouldn't suggest that.
It's the type of thing that he was lucky to get away with doing once spontaneously! Choreographing it so he had to practise it multiple times as well as doing it on the night was just asking for trouble.

It's the type of thing that he was lucky to get away with doing once spontaneously! Choreographing it so he had to practise it multiple times as well as doing it on the night was just asking for trouble.
I just don't get it - why have him jump off a table that is probably a foot high? That's a stupid idea for anyone let alone someone with a disability like his.

Had the virus not happened, he'd have probably missed out on Tokyo this year. Whilst I'm not a lawyer, I'm sure he could have legal ground to sue the show for that.

Reactions: 3
If I was Jason, I'd be watching out in my first routine for a brick wall they'd be expecting me to charge through.

Does anyone think it may be possible that Luba may get HRVY? She is one of the younger female pros, and producers feel she may deserve a chance this year after being the first to leave last year?

Does anyone think it may be possible that Luba may get HRVY? She is one of the younger female pros, and producers feel she may deserve a chance this year after being the first to leave last year?
Highly unlikely as she’d be taller than him in ballroom shoes. She’ll mostly likely get Jason who
I imagine will be probably fairly middle of the road and definitely not a first out.

Highly unlikely as she’d be taller than him in ballroom shoes. She’ll mostly likely get Jason who
I imagine will be probably fairly middle of the road and definitely not a first out.
It seems to be a pattern that the female pros get a dud the first season and someone with potential to make the final on their 2nd and if they really want to invest in their new pros to see what they are made of, it doesn't seem totally implausible that they would pair HRVY with Luba. Amy was a bit taller than Karim in heels.

I'll still go with Jason for her though and I do think he'd be a good 'breakthrough' partner for her as pro, she didn't stand a chance last year.

Just watched the best of the final and it’s gotten me really excited for next week!
My expectations are quite low for this series to be honest, but I’m still looking forward to a bit of glitz and glam and the professionals routines.
Jason & Luba would be a good shout actually! I think she’s a fab dancer.
Clara & Giovanni?
Bill & Oti?
Jamie & Diane?
I have no idea!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.