Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Applina89

I’m so excited! ...even if this year is going to be very different.
I think Caroline Quentin will be good as she has a dance background although she’s a bit luvvy which could wear thin quickly.
Jason Bell seems nice! And Max George will have to compete with Jay McGuinness!

lizzolyn

VIP Member
In terms of who has the better songs I would say that goes to: Clara, HRVY, Jason, JJ, Maisie, Max, Nicola and Ranvir.

Regardless of the song it all depends on how they dance to it, I've listened to songs couples will be dancing to on the saturday in the past and gone what the heck??? But with the live singers, band and great costumes and dance it can all still work.

invisibleotter

Chatty Member
For me I don't want an ex-pro as a judge.

I would rather a judge from the ballroom/latin world who knows what they're talking about and who is not biased for any contestant.
A lot of the ex pros from Strictly are qualified competition judges. The majority of pros are from the competition world having competed themselves at pro-level, then did their teaching & judging exams too.

Shirley is a Latin/ballroom judge for the highest levels of competitions & is the most biased judge on the panel & has her clear favourites, so is Motsi for that matter &

Glaschelle

VIP Member
Amazingly no one is annoying me so far. I think Maisie and Gorka work really well together. I much prefer her confidence to Hrvy's 'what's a jive? I'm completely clueless about this dancing thing' schtick. But saying that, he's far less irritating than I thought he would be

Such a different set of personalities from last year. Most of the 2019 lot were so dull. As soon as Jamie finished dancing on Saturday, I realised how much of a sliding doors moment him getting injured was - did they originally hope Anton would be the winner (and then possibly retire?) Without Kelvin, the only decent male celeb would have been Karim, and I don't think he was popular enough to win. I guess we'll never know
Thats what I thought. And I love Anton 😳😳😳

invisibleotter

Chatty Member
This troll was supposedly harassing her last year on strictly as well; they go quiet once its over and then start back up again once the new season starts. They were trolling her even before she was paired up with Max. I would urge anyone if you see these tweets then to not be a passerby and report them ASAP.
This troll has been harassing Dianne ever since she got with Joe on like 4/5 different accounts, but it has gotten out of control over the past few months, with the amount of spam tweets they post to Dianne.

This is the first time they have actually tweeted about going to Dianne's apartment & trying to get into it. I personally don't think reporting it Twitter is helpful at all, as the accounts just get deleted & the person just sets up new ones. I think some people on Twitter have tried contacting Strictly and Dianne's management about it, so they can increase security or whatever, but not really sure if any messages have been seen or not.

lizzolyn

VIP Member
A lot of the ex pros from Strictly are qualified competition judges. The majority of pros are from the competition world having competed themselves at pro-level, then did their teaching & judging exams too.

Shirley is a Latin/ballroom judge for the highest levels of competitions & is the most biased judge on the panel & has her clear favourites, so is Motsi for that matter &
Thats why I want someone like Shirley or Motsi; not a Pro who has already been on the show who can come at it from a biased angle.

lizzolyn

VIP Member
Lots of rumours on Twitter about Maisie and drugs and her annoying pushy mother. I don’t really know who she is but has anyone else heard this?
The only thing I know about is when she was pictured smoking a spliff at the wheel of her car.

glasgow27

VIP Member
And Jacqui Smith is in as the final contestant.

At the moment, I can't see anyone but her as the first out unless she does an Ed Balls and is surprisingly entertaining.

My guesses:
WINNER - Clara (if she can dance, I think she could win)
2nd - HRVY (too much dance experience to win)
3rd - Maisie (too dance experience to win + controversial)
4th - Max (journey contestant, can’t see two from the same band winning)
5th - Jason (seems likeable, possibly decent as NFL players do well on DWTS)
6th - Caroline (probably half-decent and enough popularity to stick around for a while)
7th - Nicola (will make a few weeks, seems like a mid series finish IMO)
8th - Bill (comedy contestant, should survive a few rounds)
9th - Jamie (low rent signing, unsure of popularity maybe a 'shock' boot?)
10th - Ranvir (probably mid-table & unmemorable)
11th - JJ (not a big name, unlikely to be one of the best dancers)
12th - Jacqui (can't see it being anyone else)