Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MadamePoppy

Not read much here but Clara Amfo is on line up. Who reckons people will vote for her on back of BLM stuff so strategic voting? It could go either way though - you’ll get far right daily mail voters who’ll vote her out, the woke lot who’ll follow any cause to stay relevant and then the BLM people.

monga

VIP Member
Thankfully the BBC will have prepared for a situation like this. By the sounds of it, they seem to have a very COVID secure show this year, they've taken plenty of precautions so I wouldn't worry.

Ultimately they had to continue the show with some adjustments - otherwise there would be little for the BBC to show during fall and lots of people would be missing out financially (the pros in particular really need the paycheck this year after many cancelled tours).
Just going by the press the person that's tested pos is a lighting tech and has been in contact with a lot of the crew members hence the headline " Sickly Come dancing " 😂

Lilykins

VIP Member
Didn't stop them from keeping her in the lineup though. I think if they were truly angry about it, she'd have been benched or axed.
I guess so, but could just be part of their thinking to not keep her so front and centre.... tbf I’ve never thought she has been, to me she always seems to have been a big feature of the line up!

BDY_97

VIP Member
Bill & Oti
JJ & Amy
Jamie & Dianne
Jason & Luba
Max & Karen
HRVY & Janette

Caroline & Aljaz
Maisie & Gorka
Jacqui & Anton
Ranvir & Giovanni
Clara & Johannes
Nicola & Katya

Final predictions for tonight. There are some that I’m certain on but some not so much, think this is the first time I have ever watched strictly without knowing who’s partnered with who

Restless Native

VIP Member
To be honest Neil technically was never 'obliged' a partner. When he, Chloe and Aj signed up in 2016 they were only signed up as 'part time pros' to be there for group dances, it takes two appearances and to be there if a pro got injured, they were told they were never guaranteed a celeb (this is from an interview chloe did after she was not asked back in 2018). AJ only got a partner in 2016 as they at the last minute got Claudia as a contestant and hence they give her AJ. I think it was more the fact that more of the audience wondered if Neil was ever going to get a partner after being on the show for 3 years and also I truly believe it was a PR move after the whole katya/seann kiss gate.

I felt for Gorka as he therefore got caught up in the middle of the whole 'give neil a partner' scenario as he was the pro chosen as the one to be benched which can seem unfair as he was hired as a full time dancer in 2016 but I guess he could spend more time with Mia and Gemma in the end so it had its upside. I'm just glad were back to Gorka dancing and Neil being benched.

I wonder how it going to go next year as they more than likely be hiring a male pro to replace Kevin & AJ (which looks like it will be Kai Widdrington). I would like to see Graziano get another shot after the whole Vick Hope mess which may mean Kai might be benched for his first year with Neil.
What was the story behind him and Vicki Hope? Did they just not like each other

BlueRose

Chatty Member
Agreed! They always get favoured above the other pro girls!

I can't believe that Shirley critiqued the choreography saying she would have preferred it more traditional like whats Max supposed to do with that information it's not like he's a ballroom expert; it was such a dig at Dianne! :mad: Deffo they are getting my full votes on Saturday!

I suspect as Bill is with Oti then he will probably wont get as much harsh feedback especially from Motsi!
This is why I said some pages back that Shirley seems to think these celebrities are going to become dancers. She too what the word Critique as you said. I feel she too harsh as I said she makes out that their new career be dancing

UnknownTattler

VIP Member
Does anyone know when they are filming to coupling up show, i know digital spy often has spoilers but i wonder how things will work this year if their is no audience, will they get the spoilers
I think Jacqui said the launch show is being filmed on the 12th October, to be shown on the 17th. The pairings will probably be leaked to the press in the same way that the celebs were.

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
HRVY seems like a nice lad from what I've seen of him.

Will be good at Couple's Choice doing street/commercial if he gets that far, don't know about the rest though. Could surprise me ala Joe Sugg.

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Just saw it’s only on from the 24th of October this year! (Until the 19th of December)
that’s so much shorter!

lizzolyn

VIP Member
Not sure if that source is reliable or not but looking at what they "confirmed", it mostly seems plausible to me.

EDIT: Apparently filming not yet finished so likely fake.
It seems weird that in the spoiler it says they are runner for the BBC. Surely a runner would have to sign a NDA.

Chablis1

VIP Member
Have also heard that Tess isn’t very nice. Plus, a friend of my daughter grew up near Vernon’s family. V was and always will be a Shagger.

M.fairy

Chatty Member
I don't think there was much of a backlash to Johaness and Graziano doing a dance last year; yeah some homophobes complained but that was nothing compared to the people who loved it.
I think there was about 200 Complaints which to be fair isn’t a lot compared to other things, they didn’t post the dance on YouTube because of the complaints plus a lot of tweets/Facebook comments about it

glasgow27

VIP Member
Yeah I'm really glad she has Katya as I think Katya is one of the more 'entertaining' choreographers out of the pros. However I do feel that after the whole Sean kiss gate scandal I think strictly are not going to be giving her a married/dating youngish guy for a while :ROFLMAO:
I think Dianne may get Max or maybe JJ; I've seen on the digital spy forums people think she may get Bill. I think Dianne deserves to get an actual ringer as she's never had one yet only a duffer in the Rev or 2 middlers in Joe and Dev.
Some on Digital Spy are saying that it's Dianne's turn for an oldie which makes me laugh given Oti & Janette's track record of celebs, neither have had anyone over 45 and both have done way more series than Dianne. I could see her with Max and agree that she's due an actual ringer. Joe for all that he was a finalist was really only a middler. And at least she's danced with the Rev who ability-wise, was all levels of terrible.

JJ feels like someone that they could give to Amy.

I just don't know if Janette really has what it takes in terms of ballroom ability to get the best out of her celeb which is why I preferred her with the likes of Dr. Ranj. I found her quite frustrating in the Jake & Aston years and even the one with Peter Andre.

glasgow27

VIP Member
Imagine Shirley's bias if Mark, Derek or Julianne were pros on SCD? (not that it would ever happen and thank god they aren't but still...)

coconochanel

VIP Member
There was a rumour Mark from Westlife was going on and wanted to be paired with a male dancer. The daily Star also reported Philip Scofield was keen to go on.

lizzolyn

VIP Member
Isnt this week meant to be Halloween week?
Where is the spooky songs.
On it takes two where is the full on spooky set.

Now I know covid is still in force amd lots of people still can't work. But surly we can have some Halloween stuff.

Then again i love Halloween week on Strictly.

Also noticed a online paper said about Dianne getting body guards or protection from the online bullies.
Do people really think she will go of with Max.
When she got a tour with Joe. She would lose money on that, followers and whatever else.
Yes Max is good looking. But Dianne is 100% smitten with Joe. Yes she broke up with the other guy before she got with Joe. But we don't know what goes on behind closed doors. Their could of had problems for awhile or just the timing happened near strictly. Plus Joe got to meet her family. Did the other guy?

Rant over.
Unfortunately there will be no halloween week as it is a short series; there still will be a pro halloween group number. Also there will be no Blackpool week either however there still will be a movies and musicals week.

I don't think Dianne will be getting personal bodyguards but I think security will be ramped up at the studio; it was the same last year when there was threats towards Shirley and racist abuse towards Motsi. There was just some troll on twitter who is obsessed with Joe and hate Dianne (who always says she will cheat on joe any time she comes in to contact with a man it was the same last year with dev) and one of them made a threatening comment towards Dianne so some of her fans contacted strictly it then got leaked to the press.