Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

lizzolyn

VIP Member
Very happy to see Pasquale finally join strictly properly after winning not one but two international versions and being a backing dancer in 2018(joes quickstep). Would love to see him work with a celeb next year. Not as familiar with Kai but he’s worked on some of the pros tours so will also fit in nicely.
Pasquale put up this instagram post confirming he is in the group dances but not as an actual pro on the show. Every year they always usually hire a some professional dancers to bulk up the pro numbers and to be background dancers in a celeb and pros dance.

Screenshot 2020-10-06 at 00.31.59.png

No sight of Kai yet.

I think it was confirmed somewhere that no new dancers were hired as pros this year due to it being a shorter series but I can see Kai definley being a shoe in as a new pro next year as he is British and they lost 2 british boys in Kevin and AJ.

glasgow27

VIP Member
Not sure if that source is reliable or not but looking at what they "confirmed", it mostly seems plausible to me.

ETA: Read elsewhere that they are apparently not yet finished filming so likely fake.

lizzolyn

VIP Member
I'd imagine her having dance experience and winning CiN would stand against her do would need to be massively liked by the audience. From what I've seen of her so far, she might have to just rely on being able to dance
The Eastenders link is probably the best thing going for her chances as the EE cast seem to do well on strictly.

lizzolyn

VIP Member
Some on Digital Spy are saying that it's Dianne's turn for an oldie which makes me laugh given Oti & Janette's track record of celebs, neither have had anyone over 45 and both have done way more series than Dianne. I could see her with Max and agree that she's due an actual ringer. Joe for all that he was a finalist was really only a middler. And at least she's danced with the Rev who ability-wise, was all levels of terrible.

JJ feels like someone that they could give to Amy.

I just don't know if Janette really has what it takes in terms of ballroom ability to get the best out of her celeb which is why I preferred her with the likes of Dr. Ranj. I found her quite frustrating in the Jake & Aston years and even the one with Peter Andre.
I think some of the Digital spy lot have short term memories when it comes to the actual facts. :sneaky:

You're right Janette and Oti are due an old duffer.

The only thing about Max is I'm not sure if he actually fits into the actual 'ringer' category when you think about it maybe better off saying he is a middler. I think because he is young enough and a good looking guy from a boy band and being in a band where his bandmate won it before people will automatically think he is deffo a ringer contender. He may be like a Joe Sugg instead, no experience at dancing but given the right teacher he could pull off good enough dances to get through. He also may be like a Kelvin, good looking to get the ladies at home swooning and if he can get those hips moving then he's on to a sure thing but that can also be trouble because I don't think people would want a clone of last years winner winning it again. At least when Jay, Ore and Joe won it one after the other they were all different from each other. That's why a part of me would love for Dianne to get HRVY instead as from the moves he's done in his music videos (albeit hip hop) he does fit more categorically in the ringer box.

Janette's ballroom........well that's what you get when you hire a pro who is not ballroom trained. I mean Karim struggled with ballroom last year and he had Amy who is ballroom trained so if Janette got HRVY, god bless the lad.

BDY_97

VIP Member
I totally agree. I'm not bothered if people have previous experience. I loved watching Caroline dance and wanted her to win. Alexandra came across as a bit of a bitch who thought she deserved to win and already getting the same feeling with Maisie.

Also already bored of HRVY posting fauxmance stories in the papers. Just focus on being a good dancer as this obviously fake angle never works
Where has he said anything about a fauxmance? As fair as I was aware he was asked about Maisie and said she was a great girl which in my eyes is a valid answer to a question he was asked. Unless you’ve seen another story where he’s hinted at a romance

BDY_97

VIP Member
There is a possibility they might be even if it’s just for one series. I think there’s three possibly four pros who aren’t based in England full time who may or may not want to or be able to come back for the show because of COVID.
I don’t think any of the pros who are currently abroad will have any problem getting back to the UK. It just depends on whether they want to or not but I can’t see why they wouldn’t

thegirlscout

VIP Member
although she had a few off years when the whole Kevin divorce was going on (the way that happened didn't exactly raise my opinion of him).
What was the way it happened? I didn’t really read much about the divorce because I’m not a big fan of Kevin, though I think he’s a good dancer. I think Karen has done well since the divorce, though I wonder why she went back to Hauer instead of her birth name of Guedez?

BlueRose

Chatty Member
Has anyone seen Nicola Adams Instagram where she not looking and Katya is like you watching is that real or an stupid tik tok thing?

BlueRose

Chatty Member
Where does it say Celebrity Strictly come dancing??
No where. Cause a lot of "Celebrity's" aren't known has "Celebrity's" their a Celeb. But not well known.
Like at the start every famous Celebrity was on. It's been the last what 5 years the who has come out. I don't know most of this year but I'm okay with that.

Now if you seem Dancing with the stars. The name is right their 'stars' stars means Celebrity in another word.

I'm fed up of this who who game. Google the person. I had to google HVRY, Clara and some others.

lizzolyn

VIP Member
Indeed it is Janette - as if getting mega ringer HRVY wasn't enough!

No surprise at all that HRVY & Maisie are looking by far the best in the training footage so far. I wonder if one of them might actually take the win if the others don't catch up? I know that ringers don't tend to win but who else is there that would be a realistic champion? Not sure how big Clara's fanbase is and Max has been a bit underwhelming based on what I've seen.
This really could be Janette’s year to finally get to the final; I’m not sure about winning though yet. Getting a ringer could definitely be indication this is her final year on the show though.

For what we’ve seen in previous years anything could happen; I wouldn’t count Clara and Max out yet as the public do love a ‘journey’ contestant. Max’s rehearsal training today on ITT looked quite good.