Squirmy & Grubs #4 aka scammy and grabby

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why wouldnt Shane roll with his cousin as a business partner and make her be the girlfriend. She checks all the boxes that would be the smart move
And have his cousin force kisses on him and try to fake talking about a sex life between them in order to appear convincing as his girlfriend? Nasty! I couldn't even fathom doing that with my cousin. I imagine a majority, if not the whole family, would disapprove. Better to find an unrelated, virtue-signalling, overly progressive, somewhat mentally/emotionally damaged, naive, and conventionally attractive weirdo like Hannah to fill the role.
Guys. I hate to contribute to the stereotype and prejudice memes but there's some sweet home alabama vibes here, what the heck are you talking about

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Maybe I wasn't clear in my haste - I thought it would be disgusting and weird af if Shane's cousin posed as his girlfriend, especially since "intimacy" conversations are a part of the show. If they did that and were my relatives, I'd be sickened. I imagine his family, assuming they are normal, would disapprove if there was such an arrangement.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Lol Dating his cousin would almost be more realistic and believable. At least that way its someone he actually grew up with and had a strong friendship with and not just some random chick that didnt know him and fell for his oh so sexy self in mere minutes while watching a youtube video and decided to email him. Everyone would think its gross and wouldnt subscribe...but I bet people would believe it lol

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
This guy in the screenshot just recently commented on the Squirmy and Grubs video titled, “We Took Two Pregnancy Tests”. He said he has SMA type 2 (just like Shane) so I looked at him and his wife’s page. Very small channel, but there’s a lot of talk about their journey with in vitro and SMA treatments. It seems like a way more realistic version of a life and relationship with a person in Shane’s condition. I didn’t watch any videos but no titles jumped out at me suggesting they are having amazing sex...and that’s totally ok, ya know

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
I had to look...his body is really similar to shanes. Much more mature acting

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
So, as far as attractiveness, it’s safe to say that Shane has a better dating history than any other guy with SMA...better than any other guy who happens to be in a wheelchair for any reason...and likely a better dating history than most dudes his age who are able-bodied...

They are all tall, fit and blond

Mentally, are they all really that screwed up in the head? Just Hannah?

Intellectually, they all have degrees

Age, they all met him either in their late teens or by 20 years of age but apparently they are much more mature than other young women their age

Availability, they were all free of commitments or made themselves available enough to handle the job/relationship for a period of time

While associating with Shane they all had little to no friends

They all seemed to be selfless to a fault and would’ve needed to be

They are all extremely passionate about human rights

They were all desperate for something? A change?

How would he have known, before hand, before dating for a while and probably talking about them on his blog, that they would fit all criterion? Was there an interview process? Were there reference checks? Lol

Last edited:
Well I guess I'm about to be blocked from their YouTube channel. Good. I am definitely too obsessed with a pair of scammers I can do nothing to stop but their ad for online contraceptive consultations really boiled my piss. They do ones for online psych consultations too. You'd be better off going to that shonky doctor from the bloody Simpsons than trusting a mob of telemarketers with a script and sales targets. Which is absolutely what you'd be getting.

1612535578067.png

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Well I guess I'm about to be blocked from their YouTube channel. Good. I am definitely too obsessed with a pair of scammers I can do nothing to stop but their ad for online contraceptive consultations really boiled my piss. They do ones for online psych consultations too. You'd be better off going to that shonky doctor from the bloody Simpsons than trusting a mob of telemarketers with a script and sales targets. Which is absolutely what you'd be getting.

View attachment 420497
Fantastic points all around in that Youtube comment! I wholeheartedly agree with you. I think that both services are unethical and I predict major lawsuits in the future against those companies. Women's bodies are very sensitive to birth control and in some cases, a poorly matched birth control type can cause severe migraines, suicidal ideations and blood clots- doctors need to meet patients in person to evaluate their weight in relation to birth control dosage/type, blood work, etc to prescribe their individualized birth control- telehealth doesn't work. The therapy company they recommend has unlicensed "counselors" for the first two expensive price theirs and licensed therapists for only the top tier of the ridiculous price of $350 or so a month. Users would see more benefit in talking to a stranger at a bus stop about their problems than paying for that therapy app. Plenty of therapists offer sliding scale fees, all it takes is research and self advocacy. Squirmy and Grubs don't care about the ramifications of their birth control/therapy partnerships, they simply get the pay out each video and wash their hands of it. Neither of them are trained medical professionals so they should stick to hawking overpriced customized shampoo and cooking delivery apps.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
And I’m pretty sure he can’t even eat solid food of more than a bite or two, yet they advertise Hello Fresh and show grocery store hauls where they end up getting a bunch of free sh!t. I’d like to see a video (that’s not sped up) of them actually eating a meal together. How she has to prepare the food, cut it up and feed him. How easy or difficult it is for someone in his condition to swallow food, how long the whole process takes etc. That’s a part of their lives, right? They’ve never done a true “day in the life” video where certain parts aren’t sped up, to show the time and care you really have to put into helping someone with his condition but I guess they think they’d scare a lot of people off with that. And their lives won’t seem as exciting and fun. It’s not a matter of having to make a longer video because they spent 45 minutes talking about their damn personality test

The point is to make him desirable and make his life seem amazing. At least half of their diehard fans who have absolutely no experience around people with disabilities would see a video like that and say ummm no thanks. They’d realize they couldn’t do it every day and will begin to wonder whether or not Hannah really does it when the cameras are off given that she’s always so happy. We are talking about meals, baths, clothes, brushing teeth, cutting nails, haircuts, number 1 and number 2, laundry, dishes, errands, dr appoints...helping someone with all of that and knowing that it’s never going to improve or lessen. And people ask why her mother is always with them haha

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
And I’m pretty sure he can’t even eat solid food of more than a bite or two, yet they advertise Hello Fresh and show grocery store hauls where they end up getting a bunch of free sh!t. I’d like to see a video (one that’s not sped up) of them actually eating a meal together. How she has to prepare the food, cut it up and feed him. How easy or difficult it is for someone in his condition to swallow food, how long the whole process takes etc. That’s a part of their lives, right?
You should try to contact that guy you just discovered that has the same condition and looks very similar. Ask him as nicely as possible (for educational purposes) about these things you just mentioned. Ask him if sex is possible or if they fool around in other fun ways. He seemed mature and rational enough that he may actually give you some honest answers. But I think a female would have better chances of an honest response about sex. No guy wants to tell another guy that they cant have sex...But perhaps share your own conditions and it will come off as more sincere. 👍 His body looked a litte more durable so maybe its actually possible for him but he does have the same issue with the bent legs but maybe his ribs arent in the way as much.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 1
And I’m pretty sure he can’t even eat solid food of more than a bite or two, yet they advertise Hello Fresh and show grocery store hauls where they end up getting a bunch of free sh!t. I’d like to see a video (that’s not sped up) of them actually eating a meal together. How she has to prepare the food, cut it up and feed him. How easy or difficult it is for someone in his condition to swallow food, how long the whole process takes etc. That’s a part of their lives, right? They’ve never done a true “day in the life” video where it’s not sped up, to show the time and care you really have to put into helping someone with his condition but I figure they think they’d scare a lot of people off with that. And their lives won’t seem as exciting and fun
They go into restaurants and look at menus but you never see them actually eating the food. Then they cut off the camera and come back to say how amazing it all was and how Shane had a rare steak It's too far fetched for me. He can't even clear his throat without a suction tube. They've told us that. So how is he eating all this food? And why do they lie about it? Why not show it? There are plenty of disabled people on YouTube who show you them changing feeding tubes etc. Advocating for disabled people by telling massive porkie pies about how much cool stuff you can still do without being able to use your hands or cough seems disingenuous to me.

I'd love to know what real disability advocates really think of them.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
They go into restaurants and look at menus but you never see them actually eating the food. Then they cut off the camera and come back to say how amazing it all was and how Shane had a rare steak It's too far fetched for me. He can't even clear his throat without a suction tube. They've told us that. So how is he eating all this food? And why do they lie about it? Why not show it? There are plenty of disabled people on YouTube who show you them changing feeding tubes etc. Advocating for disabled people by telling massive porkie pies about how much cool stuff you can still do without being able to use your hands or cough seems disingenuous to me.

I'd love to know what real disability advocates really think of them.
They arent interested in raising awareness on any honest level. They "Sensationalize" it, rather than being honest. I have no doubt the sincere people out there who only want to educate people despise S&G.

You should try to contact that guy you just discovered that has the same condition and looks very similar. Ask him as nicely as possible (for educational purposes) about these things you just mentioned. Ask him if sex is possible or if they fool around in other fun ways. He seemed mature and rational enough that he may actually give you some honest answers. But I think a female would have better chances of an honest response about sex. No guy wants to tell another guy that they cant have sex...But perhaps share your own conditions and it will come off as more sincere. 👍 His body looked a litte more durable so maybe its actually possible for him but he does have the same issue with the bent legs but maybe his ribs arent in the way as much.
Hell no! Lol but I think it would be cool if someone in this thread contacted him if they felt comfortable doing so. I also would understand if he didn’t want to talk about it to a random person, ya know. I’d probably feel a little uncomfortable if I were in that condition and someone asked me certain questions. He might be really open about that stuff though, just as a fellow wheelchair guy I wouldn’t feel comfortable reaching out like I’m interviewing him trying to get sensitive info. I would like to know his thoughts on Squirmy and Grubs though lol and, at the same time, his opinion of them would probably give you an idea of how different his life may be compared to what S&G show in their videos

Last edited:
It would be best to not even mention S&G. The disabled people in youtube comment sections (at least the vast majority) do not even acknowledge any facts and reasoning that contradict what S&G claim. Smart good people Im sure...but they just put a wall up. Its like they take it as a personal attack even when they dont have the same condition. I learned never to try to reason with their disabled fans eventually. They will rationalize literally anything.

Last edited:
  • Wow
It would be best to not even mention S&G. The disabled people in youtube comment sections (at least the vast majority) do not even acknowledge any facts and reasoning that contradict what S&G claim. Smart good people Im sure...but they just put a wall up. Its like they take it as a personal attack even when they dont have the same condition. I learned never to try to reason with their disabled fans eventually. They will rationalize literally anything.
That’s interesting, I’ve always thought the majority of their really defensive fans would be those who had no experience with people with disabilities, didn’t know any better and just thought everything was real. I can understand though how some disabled people would just want this fairytale to be protected as if it’s a representation of how their lives should be portrayed, like wishful thinking. I’m more of a why lie, why try to be or show something that you’re not, kind of person so when I see bs I usually call it out. That’s just me, especially when it appears they are doing more harm than good by not being authentic.

But, at the same time, you could say they do a little good because apparently they have a lot of sad and lonely fans. I can’t count how many times I’ve seen comments saying, “I was having a bad day so I watched this video”. Or, “I really needed a laugh today”. These may be fake accounts though

Reactions: 5
New video up...."we need to talk about Shane's legs" how are they going to make this click bait? It's not going to address the fact that they could be snapped like a twig and are severly atrophied. It will be something absolutely lame like his leg hair, and Shane will make stupid jokes and Hannah will laugh like a nutter. End of video ... That's my guess

• Sick
Sigh and it was actually an intriguing title but of course its just clickbait. The only take away is that even his "strongest" bones are very fragile. But they can totally rock the bed without breaking every bone in his body.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Sigh and it was actually an intriguing title but of course its just clickbait. The only take away is that even his "strongest" bones are very fragile. But they can totally rock the bed without breaking every bone in his body.
Strongest bones ...lol does he have any of those ?

• Haha
Obviously not lol but the femur is the strongest bone in the human body so its amazing that just a fall from his chair messed it up. It demonstrates just how fragile all his other smaller, weaker bones must be.

I read a comment on his blog the other day that made me laugh. It said they didn't need outside help or a carer as 'his care is minimal'!!!!!! it's things like that which make me think even if they are a genuine relationship they are both delusional or outright lying. I've said it before but Shane is probably the most disabled you can be without being totally bed bound. His care is not minimal. He literally can't do anything himself apart from move a thumb which in turn allows him to access a small amount of other actions or tools. Their vlogs on this trip and even beforehand are so dull. It's a shame as I would really love to see them do actual videos about Shane and his care and his daily life. It would actually be educating or informative and do what they claim their channel is about. Charisma and Cole may have their own issues but they seem a lot more honest and actually interested in sharing experiences u like S&G who are almost blatantly just in it for the money and constant praise now.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.