Squirmy & Grubs #2 Scrammy and Grabs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm sorry, but after their most recent video I can no longer stomach these two. I may give them another look in the future, or I may never check them out again, but for now I cannot take all the political pandering and fawning they're doing. Which is my problem, not theirs or anyone's here. All the best to everyone. I realize no announcement or "flounce" is needed. I just want to thank the people I've interacted with here for the mostly intelligent discourse. Soldier on!
I completely understand and respect your decision and thank you, fredflintsone for your insightful and witty feedback throughout your time here. I think their political pandering was off putting and in poor taste too. Squirmy and Grubs have devolved from being initially informative to exploitative and they "preach" equality and acceptance while showcasing thinly veiled prejudice. They lost any authenticity in themselves years ago when they decided to monetize their "relationship" and start a Youtube channel. I don't like the audacity they and all Youtube couples have to assume that their relationships are groundbreaking and worthy of money or fame, let alone immune to breakups, divorces or death of a partner. The concept of branding of relationships, families, children etc with Patreon, merchandise and Youtube is so misguided and self serving to me. I don't have any social media accounts at all, partly because I hate witnessing the narcissism, lies and desperation for recognition that it brings about in some people. I am glad that this forum can see through Squirmy and Grub's and I hope that others will catch onto them too. They are puppeteers pulling the strings to weak and impressionable fans who forgo logic and reasoning to blindly latch onto their scripted fantasy. I will stop watching them too eventually, as they are becoming a toxic parasocial relationship.

Reactions: 7
I really think their channel is on a serious downturn unless/until they have babies. Their views have been tanking and they've already exhausted the salacious topics, like sex, fertility and the questions people have about them, like genetic testing and caregiver burnout. People are tired of them milking the fertility issue when there's no news. They lack charisma, they seemingly have no friends, and no interesting hobbies. I've also noticed that they've stopped clickbaiting Hannah's body; maybe those videos were getting reported and demonetized or she's just tired of people calling them out for it. More than half of their fanbase appears to be Trumpers so while I respect S&G for being open about their beliefs, they've alienated a large portion of their fanbase. All of this is what happens when you build your channel on clickbait and sensationalism; eventually you lose steam.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
I really think their channel is on a serious downturn unless/until they have babies. Their views have been tanking and they've already exhausted the salacious topics, like sex, fertility and the questions people have about them, like genetic testing and caregiver burnout. People are tired of them milking the fertility issue when there's no news. They lack charisma, they seemingly have no friends, and no interesting hobbies. I've also noticed that they've stopped clickbaiting Hannah's body; maybe those videos were getting reported and demonetized or she's just tired of people calling them out for it. More than half of their fanbase appears to be Trumpers so while I respect S&G for being open about their beliefs, they've alienated a large portion of their fanbase. All of this is what happens when you build your channel on clickbait and sensationalism; eventually you lose steam.
So many good points you make. Their fanbase is so hypocritical. The fans claim to love Shane, yet they throw him and Hannah under the bus for someone who mocked a disabled reporter.

I massively disagree with how S&G handle themselves and their business/relationship/whatever the heck it is. However, I respect their politics and I respect them for standing up for disenfranchised members of society.

The fact that their "fans" storm off in a tantrum over S&G politics demonstrates that they aren't trying to expand their minds and learn. They're just there to see "a hot chick slave away for an average dude".

Reactions: 3
Duuuude dont leave i dont watch any of their new videos either but I use this thread to get caught up to date on them and discuss possible theories
I find it hard to watch too. I just tried watching the newest one, "we got into a fight" or something. It was soooooo boring. I skipped parts and probably barely watched half of it. Literally nothing going on with them and they have nothing worthy to add for a discussion. It's so incredibly boring. I agree with the person who said the next move is a baby or their channel will fade. While it's a bad decision for them I don't see what else they can do from here to pick up speed. The pandemic has proven how empty the channel really was.

Reactions: 4
I could see them branching out to Twitch and youtube live streaming of videogames as an interabled couple. Could be some good money in that. If they have a baby their channel will be finished. I don't see how they would have the time to film decent content and take care of infant all day.

When Shane tries to grow facial hair he just looks more and more like a little boy who has drawn a fake moustache on he really looks like the Pringle man too

Shane will Instill values in their child what values shane .. make a "non profit charity" to rob money from and fake marriages ect for likes and money Great values there!

Yes Shane you keep trying to convince yourself you'll be an amazing parent there isn't much you can do for the baby and you know it. Also they know they are clutching at straws with their content on their channel so now they have to do a baby q and a you know because they faked their wedding what else can they do they know their content is tit

Last edited:
How delusional that Shane and Hannah think hiring a caregiver for Shane ONLY in the mornings after they have a baby will be enough. They clearly have no clue how demanding and difficult it is to have a child. And of course they will be relying on Hannah's poor mom as their unpaid servant with a dual purpose as Shane and the baby's butt wiper. I wonder if Liz will become resentful, especially since she has an elderly husband that might need care. It's one thing for Liz to help with the baby but it's truly sad and inappropriate that she's expected to help with Shane (even if she's ok with it). Healthy boundaries.

No way IMO will Shane and Hannah adopt a disabled child, despite all their lip service. Shane wants to be #1 and it will be difficult when he isn't the center of Hannah's world, let alone a disabled child that would take 100% of her time and attention. He calls the hypothetical baby "it" all the time--doesn't sound like he's really looking forward to a baby.

I truly feel sorry for their future children because they will have to grow up with a lack of boundaries and a mother who is unbalanced and has a lack of sense of self. Hannah will expect them to be their dad's caregiver and if they don't want to do his care, she'll see them as ungrateful. She won't be able to relate with child with a strong sense of self who doesn't want to be someone else's caregiver.

Oh, and if Shane wants his kids to be funny then he should try to influence them as little as possible.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
There's no way she could look after a baby when she already has to look after the man baby that is Shane. They are in no position to be brining a child into the world.

Reactions: 2
This latest video is all talk and no walk; they aren't prepared to have children and will latch onto anyone around them to provide care for Shane and their future baby. They will never adopt because having a kid that isn't biologically theirs wouldn't feed into their inherent narcissism of wanting to keep their channel and genetics "on brand". I think it is so fucked up that they are going to continue to have Hannah's lovely senior aged Mom lift 65lb Shane when necessary, care for him and the future kids. I really worry about Hannah's mom, because when seniors tear a muscle or injure their back let alone potentially fall when transferring Shane, injuries could be debilitating and at times lethal. I don't buy it that none of Hannah's family resent caring for Shane and aiding this toxic codependent relationship- somebody is going to snap.

Reactions: 3
This latest video is all talk and no walk; they aren't prepared to have children and will latch onto anyone around them to provide care for Shane and their future baby. They will never adopt because having a kid that isn't biologically theirs wouldn't feed into their inherent narcissism of wanting to keep their channel and genetics "on brand". I think it is so fucked up that they are going to continue to have Hannah's lovely senior aged Mom lift 65lb Shane when necessary, care for him and the future kids. I really worry about Hannah's mom, because when seniors tear a muscle or injure their back let alone potentially fall when transferring Shane, injuries could be debilitating and at times lethal. I don't buy it that none of Hannah's family resent caring for Shane and aiding this toxic codependent relationship- somebody is going to snap.
Really good point about Hannah's mom being a senior and how that could affect lifting Shane. It's really disgusting that Hannah (and especially Shane!) are happy to have Liz lift Shane at her age. It's quite selfish. One bad lift and Liz could become disabled for life. She may be fit and on the younger side of being a senior but she's still more at risk of an accident than Hannah or the average home health aide. Hannah shouldn't take advantage of her mother's good nature and constant willingness to help. They should draw the line for her safety.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Everyone has limits and hannah and baby man Shane are taking advantage of Liz"caring nature I bet Liz feels like she can't say no I bet there are times she wants to no way would anyone who's sane enable this fucked up codependency

And Pringle boy won't like the fact he's not the centre of hannah and Liz universe he's a narcissist plain and simple

• Heart
Reactions: 2
What's even more surprising is that a simple universal sling lift with head support to assist with transfers is roughly $350 in basic models all the way up to about $3,000 or so in more advanced hydraulic mechanized lifts so on any end of the spectrum in pricing- Hannah and Shane can afford a lift. Hannah can get a caretaker or a lift for transfers, but she chooses not to in part because it would detract from her devoteeism duties. I think she gets turned on by doing around the clock care for him and will never admit it. Maybe Hannah subconsciously agreed to choose a not fully accessible house in order to magnify Shane's disability and his resulting needs. Some devotees get off on watching a disabled person struggle with some tasks. Shane and Hannah ask unpaid family members for help because they are manipulative and cheap. I do have hope for the future as I don't think that their Youtube channel will be their lifelong career as time ends many things: sugar babies age out of their Daddy, Instagram hotties inject and augment themselves through procedures into Picasso paintings and Youtuber fans move onto the next channel.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.