Squirmy & Grubs #2 Scrammy and Grabs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I find it kind of ironic that his robotic arm is approved fully by health insurance and the first thing that he does with it is drink a big glass of beer. Even a standard bottle of alcohol would be taxing for his small frame and liver, so I'm at a loss as to why Hannah lets him drink alcohol every day. She's enabling him. His excitement over alcohol is really off-putting and juvenile to me.
The drinking always seems to be Shane’s way of proving that he’s a proper adult and a normal guy. It can’t be a good idea for something so medically fragile, but no one is allowed to tell Shane what to do 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 8
I want to see Shane punch something with that new arm. Why is it so slow? In the movies those robotic arms are fast and agile

Reactions: 2
The drinking always seems to be Shane’s way of proving that he’s a proper adult and a normal guy. It can’t be a good idea for something so medically fragile, but no one is allowed to tell Shane what to do 🤷‍♀️
He tries too hard to make himself seem like a normal guy but he really isn't and he shouldn't be drinking that much I feel sorry for Hannah having to toilet Shane throughout the night as drinking beer isn't good for the bladder makes you go all night! Shane's just selfish and the people that look out for him and say this isn't good for him well Shane will get in a mood over it he shouldn't be drinking full stop maybe he's depressed and isn't truly happy how he makes out to be and drinking numbs his depression

Reactions: 9
I find it kind of ironic that his robotic arm is approved fully by health insurance and the first thing that he does with it is drink a big glass of beer. Even a standard bottle of alcohol would be taxing for his small frame and liver, so I'm at a loss as to why Hannah lets him drink alcohol every day. She's enabling him. His excitement over alcohol is really off-putting and juvenile to me.
At least try to do everything you can for your health if you're going to make a YouTube channel about it? Like fair enough if the guy wants a beer now and then but it seems to be a lottt more often than that. If you're going to get all these people to send you money and gifts due to your disability then at least show a real effort toward your health.

Reactions: 10
It would have been more endearing if he attempted to do any small gesture of appreciation for Hannah (for once) with his new robot arm. But no, had to demonstrate how he would best serve his narcissistic ass.
Also wondering, does he really drink alot of beer, or is it for show to craft the image that he's a regular bro/chad? It's like when they would order big meals on their travels, acting like Shane would really be capable of eating it. He once talked about how good this rice/mayo slop he concocted was and I suspect that's one of the most substantial "meals" he can fully eat.
However, if he does get drunk, I imagine he'd be even more rude, snarky, and condescending than he already naturally is.

Reactions: 8
It would have been more endearing if he attempted to do any small gesture of appreciation for Hannah (for once) with his new robot arm. But no, had to demonstrate how he would best serve his narcissistic ass.
Also wondering, does he really drink alot of beer, or is it for show to craft the image that he's a regular bro/chad? It's like when they would order big meals on their travels, acting like Shane would really be capable of eating it. He once talked about how good this rice/mayo slop he concocted was and I suspect that's one of the most substantial "meals" he can fully eat.
However, if he does get drunk, I imagine he'd be even more rude, snarky, and condescending than he already naturally is.
Exactly! He could have handed her a bouquet of flowers or pulled out a chair for her or brought her a cup of tea, but instead he focuses on being able to drink beer. I definitely think that he is a habitual drinker: blotchy skin, puffy eyes and unbridled excitement over anything alcohol related. In fact, he refers in his blog to alcohol as his "dick sweat". Months back, Shane said one of his sacrifices was not being able to go to breweries with Hannah or drink alcohol with her and I found that to be very telling; most alcoholics tend to rope in others into drinking with them in order to dampen the feelings of shame and accountability that surface when drinking alone. I wouldn't be surprised if they got into fights about how many beers are allotted to him on a regular basis outside of their carefully curated and scripted Youtube videos.

Reactions: 6
Drinking alcohol in moderation does have some health benefits
"Any potential benefits of alcohol are relatively small and may not apply to all individuals. In fact, the latest dietary guidelines make it clear that no one should begin drinking alcohol or drink more often on the basis of potential health benefits. For many people, the possible benefits don't outweigh the risks and avoiding alcohol is the best course."

"...However, eating a healthy diet and being physically active have much greater health benefits and have been more extensively studied.

Keep in mind that even moderate alcohol use isn't risk-free. For example, even light drinkers (those who have no more than one drink a day) have a tiny, but real, increased risk of some cancers, such as esophageal cancer."

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Im not in the habit of telling people what they should or shouldnt do with their body so it doesnt bother me that the kid likes to drink beer.

Reactions: 3
I am new here, but really surprised they she wants a baby. My husband is disabled, though no way as severely as Shane. I have to help him shower and get dressed/undressed and there is no way I'd want a baby as well. May as well write my own life off. It's small things, like I would like my child to have the childhood I did and go swimming and do gymnastics, but all that would be on me as well as the house work/cooking.

No thanks.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I am new here, but really surprised they she wants a baby. My husband is disabled, though no way as severely as Shane. I have to help him shower and get dressed/undressed and there is no way I'd want a baby as well. May as well write my own life off. It's small things, like I would like my child to have the childhood I did and go swimming and do gymnastics, but all that would be on me as well as the house work/cooking.

No thanks.
Whatever goes on inside Hannah's brain is a total mystery to all of us. She demonstrates no rational opinions about what she's willing to put up with and what she wants out of life so comparing her to a normal person is an exercise in futility lol.

Did anyone else watch this video
I've noticed that Hannah's face, especially her nose, look extremely different in their videos versus someone else's. S&G must use a filter or some kind of airbrushing software on her face. Her nose is way bigger on Molly Burke's channel

Compare these two photos. The pink background is on Molly's channel where they're skyping with her

Here are two more:

Attachments

Last edited:
In the video with molly Shane goes on and on about people thinking he isn't a valuable partner for Hannah because of his disability no it's not because of that Shane it's because you're a selfish narcisttic ass who emotionally manipulates people to get his own way that's what people don't like .

Whatever goes on inside Hannah's brain is a total mystery to all of us. She demonstrates no rational opinions about what she's willing to put up with and what she wants out of life so comparing her to a normal person is an exercise in futility lol.

I've noticed that Hannah's face, especially her nose, look extremely different in their videos versus someone else's. S&G must use a filter or some kind of airbrushing software on her face. Her nose is way bigger on Molly Burke's channel

Compare these two photos. The pink background is on Molly's channel where they're skyping with her

Here are two more:
I think you're right: on the Squirmy and Grubs channel videos, they are probably using a ring light in combination with soft focus camera filters at the very least. From what I can guess, Hannah's nose job was done using a 3 prong approach: dorsal hump reduction, nasal osteotomy and tip refinement. Hannah's nose job was most likely done in one surgery years ago, when in reality- many reduction nose jobs usually take two surgeries spaced out over a year at the minimum to aid in healing and development of results. I can see from her side profile that she has thinner facial skin in general- that is what presents subtle vertical dents which are trimmed cartilage from the nose job surfacing on the side of her nose. I think that Hannah should have waited for her face to fully mature into its mid twenties at least before getting a nose job. I'm just glad that at least Hannah has kept it at a natural looking nose job and hasn't jumped down the Instagram rabbit hole of outlandish filler injections, huge lips and tiny ski slope noses.

I think you're right: on the Squirmy and Grubs channel videos, they are probably using a ring light in combination with soft focus camera filters at the very least. From what I can guess, Hannah's nose job was done using a 3 prong approach: dorsal hump reduction, nasal osteotomy and tip refinement. Hannah's nose job was most likely done in one surgery years ago, when in reality- many reduction nose jobs usually take two surgeries spaced out over a year at the minimum to aid in healing and development of results. I can see from her side profile that she has thinner facial skin in general- that is what presents subtle vertical dents which are trimmed cartilage from the nose job surfacing on the side of her nose. I think that Hannah should have waited for her face to fully mature into its mid twenties at least before getting a nose job. I'm just glad that at least Hannah has kept it at a natural looking nose job and hasn't jumped down the Instagram rabbit hole of outlandish filler injections, huge lips and tiny ski slope noses.
Woah, do you work in plastic surgery or in the field of dermatology? You're extremely knowledgable about this!

So when you discuss Hannah's nose job, you're comparing her non-filtered nose (from the above screenshots of her skyping in Molly Burke's video from today w/ the pink background) to photos of her fully natural nose as a teenager, right? The other 2 screenshots I added in my last post for comparison from S&G's own videos are from the last week or so, so her features are definitely manipulated by lighting and/or other software there. Does a ringlight really change the nose that much? That's really interesting. I wish I knew more about this stuff; I just know that her nose is definitely currently not as small off-camera as it appears in S&G's own videos. And they seem to make Hannah's eyes look bigger through filters or whatever as well.

Last edited:
The most irritating thing about Hannah is how she stares at Shane whenever he speaks like she's making sure he's sticking to a script. Drives me insane and makes watching their videos and interviews hard to watch. If I was Shane I'd start spinning my wheel chair to face Hannah every time she speaks so she knows how annoying it is.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Thank you, Clara88. I
Woah, do you work in plastic surgery or in the field of dermatology? You're extremely knowledgable about this!

So when you discuss Hannah's nose job, you're comparing her non-filtered nose (from the above screenshots of her in Molly Burke's video w/ the pink background) to photos of her fully natural nose as a teenager, right? The other 2 screenshots I added in my last post for comparison from S&G's own videos are from the last week or so, so her features are definitely manipulated by lighting and/or other software there. Does a ringlight really change the nose that much? That's really interesting. I wish I knew more about this stuff; I just know that her nose is definitely currently not as small off-camera as it appears in S&G's own videos. And they seem to make Hannah's eyes look bigger through filters or whatever as well.
Thank you, Clara88- I wish that I had the 20/20 vision and aptitude to be a surgeon. I'm not, but I have always been fascinated with watching uncensored medical surgeries and have taken a hobby of researching plastic surgery in particular over the years. The show Botched got me hooked and then I bought a lot of books on the ratios and methodology behind plastic surgery. Yes, when I discuss Hannah's nose job I'm comparing Hannah's non-filtered nose from the screenshots of Molly's video to photos of Hannah's pre-nose job nose as a teen. Ring lights definitely diffuse the light and eliminate harsh shadows and real time- video editing has become so advanced that it can edit people's bone structure, eye shape, nose shape, eyes and even skin texture. I used to wonder why the Sex and The City cast looked their youngest in their last movie made together and it was all in part to millions in post production editing and camera softening filters.

The caveat to a lot of these real time editing filters that are projected onto someone's face is that the gesturing of a hand in front of the face when using an iPhone filter can distort the enhanced filter and the rapid image processing behind it- temporarily revealing the "real" face. That's why a lot of Instagram influencers move their hands awkwardly to the perimeter of their head to adjust their hair or keep their hands at their sides during filming.

Reactions: 1
The most irritating thing about Hannah is how she stares at Shane whenever he speaks like she's making sure he's sticking to a script. Drives me insane and makes watching their videos and interviews hard to watch. If I was Shane I'd start spinning my wheel chair to face Hannah every time she speaks so she knows how annoying it is.
So true! Her wide eyed stare remind me of parents on the Ellen DeGeneres talk show who bleep out their kid's talents and are on edge intensely watching their kids talk during the interview.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I think Hannah's googly eyed gaze is due to her making sure she's following the script. However, they have their minions convinced that this is the "look of love" so I don't think they'll change that. If Shane disliked it, he would have made a bitchy comment about it by now, or addressed it behind the scenes. It suits his narrative that he's so studly that she can't keep her eyes off of him 🙄

He posted a video on IG of dragging Hannah across the floor on her stomach while she holds onto his wheelchair and captioned it "And people say I contribute nothing to our relationship". While I understand this is his usual lame attempt at humour, it just reinforced how useless he actually is. She also recently posted a yoga video of them on IG and apparently Shane has just learned how to roll onto his side, like a wee 4 month old. His arm falls with no control as he flops onto his side. Although kinda sad, this also demonstrates how useless he is...and to think they are trying to sell the idea that they are capable of creating and raising a family in Shane's condition.

As for their latest video, unless ol' Gabby Grabbers can wipe his ass, Hannah still has a job.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.