Squirmy and Grubs #9 Skanky & Weedy 34 pukes in 24 Hours: Welcome to the show

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Apparently Shane was told that the surgery for a PEG tube would be too risky. Also I think maybe his abdomen is too misshapen or something? I think he mentioned it in a video once

Someone asks the questions in the comments here: https://www.instagram.com/shaneburcaw/p/BQTU7FIjZNz/?hl=en
I remember that now. You'd think they could find SOMEPLACE to put it, but maybe not. That just further reinforces the reality that he and Hannah aren't "doing the nasty." (I don't CARE, but since they won't stop talking about it, people can speculate.)

In which case there is still TPN?
Which would require a port or a vein for a central line with enough "meat" around it to support it. I don't understand how they can even draw blood from the guy. Any potential stick site looks like the needle would hit a bone. He really is just "skin and bones." :(

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
I remember that now. You'd think they could find SOMEPLACE to put it, but maybe not. That just further reinforces the reality that he and Hannah aren't "doing the nasty." (I don't CARE, but since they won't stop talking about it, people can speculate.)

Which would require a port or a vein for a central line with enough "meat" around it to support it. I don't understand how they can even draw blood from the guy. Any potential stick site looks like the needle would hit a bone. He really is just "skin and bones." :(
his parents should have got a peg in him years ago they’re fully reversible the MicKey one it is held in by that by balloon of water. It’s not a permanent surgical option

Reactions: 5
He could easily have button paediatric peg. No adult size would fit but paediatric can be tiny. Same with a hickman line, just goes into a main vein and sits under the skin. They also can be very thin due infants needing them. X

Reactions: 7
That would fit with the baby Shane narrative. I think there are many options, but just like all his other assistive equipment he doesn't use, he thinks he's above it for some reason

Reactions: 4
Shane has said that he hated having a feeding tube and stopped using it altogether when on a road trip w Hannah a few years ago. I guess he's just too stubborn to go back to it. He has a huge ego and it seems he's in denial... or feels that life with extra interventions for his breathing and nutrition is not worth living since they're so uncomfortable. I think that Shane's avoidant attitude is also compounded by Hannah's "I refuse to hire a paid-caregiver; I can do it all myself and don't experience burnout" attitude. If Hannah and Hannah's mom are doing all his care he may feel like he doesn't want to give them extra tasks to do. This is a huge reason why the disability community frowns on significant others doing all the caregiving. It's all so enmeshed and toxic.
Totally 💯agree. Hannah is controlling and obsessive and won’t let anyone help, but she’s not doing it properly.

His writing is atrocious and the only reason he was published is because of his disability unfortunately. If he were able bodied nobody would care.

In the latest IG post he says that him and Hannah are writing a TV pilot, apparently they just finished it, so that's why they are in LA, to be TV writers. I can only imagine what garbage it is, and what makes them think they have any talent is beyond me. He's not very articulate and neither is she. I thought she loved video editing? I kind of want to see them crash and burn. I wonder if the fans know this is on their dime?
They’re delusional! They can barely find content for YouTube, let alone tv.
Can someone explain why the abdomen becomes this shape with sma?

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Back when he was using a feeding tube at night... from the "My Last Days" video... it showed his dad running an NG tube down his throat every night and pulling it out the next morning. I understand why he wouldn't want to do that every night, but as others have said, surely they could find a place on his abdomen to place a PEG port so that all that would need to be done is for someone to connect it at night and disconnect it the next morning. The thought of having an NG tube quite literally shoved down one's throat every day, especially when you can barely swallow in the first place (the patient being able to actively swallow facilitates its placement), couldn't be pleasant, but I doubt it's his only option.
I thought the feeding tube process sounded completely awful too so I get why he’d want to stop. When they made the video explaining why he stopped (which I think was 2 or so years ago now?) he said he hadn’t lost weight as a result. Now, that seems not to be the case, as he is visibly thinner, and they briefly mentioned the doctor was concerned about Shane’s weight loss. Of course almost immediately after they were like yeah he was told to gain weight but it’s really not a big deal! Kind of seems like a big deal when his ideal weight is around 60-70 lbs. Less than that and it could mean serious health concerns, it’s just not a lot to work with. They also have a weird obsession with insisting Shane can feed himself. Hannah says he can, it’s just easier and faster if she feeds him. In one video (might be the feeding tube one) Shane explains that he got a feeding tube bc he had lost the ability to feed himself. Hannah is immediately like nooo that’s not true, you CAN, it’s just easier if I do it. Shane half heartedly agreed. Good catch tho, Hannah, bc they constantly contradict themselves from one video to the next. It sounds like maybe he technically can do it, but that it’s very hard and tiring for him. Why lie about this? I mean I know why they do, their “advocacy” consists of pretending Shane is completely normal, he’s just a regular guy in a chair, but these inconsistencies and seeming lies are why I can’t stand them. Oh and if I were Hannah, I would not be happy to enable his drinking (she has to hold beer to his lips for him to drink it) especially when she barely drinks herself. At least it might help him gain weight?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
Ugh. Can’t imagine what kind of horrible cliche drivel they’re churning out for this alleged “pilot.” The industry is extremely competitive and they have no relevant experience to their name. They’re not even listed on the Ordinary Joe IMDB page (I just looked at the overall cast/writers/ crew, not the specific episode they “appeared” in).

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
I can't imagine either what these two talentless, mundane couples could possibly cook up for a tv show. Well, I can, actually, envision the extent of Charisma and Hannah's creative contributions:

Charisma: sTaY pOsiTivE
Hannah: Nope.

The end.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
BUT, did they sell the pilot? There are a million pilot scripts in trash cans all over Hollywood. Does the story start out about some guy diving head first into a rock!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Here’s the IG post about the tv pilot and another classy pose from Hannah.
Look at her "I'm a serious writer" face with her "I'm a nible sex kitten" pose. I can't stand her, she is such an annoying and entitled twit.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Why is she always airing out her lap kebab in photos?
With my apologies to the readers in advance, probably because considering her aversion to basic hygiene it frequently NEEDS airing out. :sick:

And there's an idea for the next thread title... incorporate "airing out the lap kebab" with credit going to @elliebellieboo!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
Suddenly she is a writer? Shane's writing is mediocre, I can't imagine hers is much better. It doesn't say they sold the script, just wrote one, which who cares? The ordinary Joe guys were probably like " oh wow, you are so talented, you should write a script" or something because they felt bad. And if he's a "consultant" why isn't he still consulting on ordinary Joe? Oh right, because they used him for his platform.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
With my apologies to the readers in advance, probably because considering her aversion to basic hygiene it frequently NEEDS airing out. :sick:

And there's an idea for the next thread title... incorporate "airing out the lap kebab" with credit going to @elliebellieboo!
It’s almost enough to stop me having a diet of kebab for life good job im veggie 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.