Squirmy and Grubs #10 Brami Babe & the Insufferable Gnome: Sweatin' with the Moldies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why does Shane remind me of Austin powers in that suit ? Proper tacky and soemthing from 1999 wants back and that dress hannah is giving me Britney Spears circa 1999 vibes too

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I don't think either of them shower. Then I think about how gross they are and how they have sex like that and UGH. If they were actually clean people this relationship wouldn't bother me as much as it does. It's probably my freaking OCD but they're nasty AF to me. 🤢🤮

• Sick
Reactions: 5
Why does Shane remind me of Austin powers in that suit ? Proper tacky and soemthing from 1999 wants back and that dress hannah is giving me Britney Spears circa 1999 vibes too
Yeah she looks like Britney Spears inspired and def not in a good nostalgic way … why oh why would they not get him a clean harness for fashion week money on everything but clean tidy disability equipment ! He needs his harness replaced so badly . They have both Brought y2k back in the worst way .

• Haha
Yeah, I haven't seen any of their stuff in a while, but I saw the title of that one and assumed it was Shane who experienced the near-choking episode. Turns out it was Hannah who apparently choked on cranberry juice she was drinking while talking with Shane on the phone. I forced myself to watch it all, thinking they would address the elephant in the room, i.e. if Shane ever seriously choked and needed help and how someone could perform the Heimlich maneuver on him with his fragile, deformed ribcage. Or if he was left alone and choked. They never said. I've thought before that if someone did need to help him how that would work. It takes a good amount of force to do the Heimlich maneuver, and even if you could get your fist between the bottom of his sternum and his permanently bent stick legs, it would literally crush him.
In one of his books he talked about how he started to choke when he lived at home and his mother had to get the suction machine to save him.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I love how his “scariest moment” was when he was worried about Hannah, certainly nothing related to his own fragile health, or when his wheelchair fell off the icy ramp at Hannah’s parents (old) house. Just another example of them doing everything to keep up the facade that Shane is a totally normal dude who just happens to use a wheelchair.

Yeah, I haven't seen any of their stuff in a while, but I saw the title of that one and assumed it was Shane who experienced the near-choking episode. Turns out it was Hannah who apparently choked on cranberry juice she was drinking while talking with Shane on the phone. I forced myself to watch it all, thinking they would address the elephant in the room, i.e. if Shane ever seriously choked and needed help and how someone could perform the Heimlich maneuver on him with his fragile, deformed ribcage. Or if he was left alone and choked. They never said. I've thought before that if someone did need to help him how that would work. It takes a good amount of force to do the Heimlich maneuver, and even if you could get your fist between the bottom of his sternum and his permanently bent stick legs, it would literally crush him.

• Heart
The icy ramp story was as real as their zoom wedding. If it was real that would be even more disturbing actually since Hannah was laughing about it like a maniac. That was the fakest black eye ever though and makes no sense how the inside of his eye would be bruised by slamming into a flat surface leaving his brows and cheek untouched (something someone who claimed to be a nurse said in their comments which was deleted and banned within hours of posting...lol) . I'm betting there was a slight scare going down the ramp where he slipped slightly and freaked out then decided to exaggerate the story for content. If he takes any kind of hard fall...he's getting x-rays at the very least.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Yeah, and pretending he was just sitting on the can, dropping a deuce and scrolling, like any other bro dude, when Hannah called him from Poland. He can barely do either task one at a time, let alone simultaneously. At best, he was in his chair dirtying up a nappy when she called.

If it was a one-off or a very odd occasion, I wouldn't mind. Especially if it's something I'm not interested in, I'd be all for them going alone or with someone else
I'm the female but in our relationship I'm always disappearing for weekends. Pre kids it was for martial arts seminars and stuff, now it's usually taking the kids camping which he hates so stays home. If he wanted to go away it'd be fine as long as we didn't have a clash of plans re childcare etc

• Heart
These two take the cake. As evidenced by the lack of activity here I gather they haven't provided much fodder for discussion. Or maybe the U.K. is pre-occupied with mourning Queen Elizabeth. She was a remarkable woman who served to the very end, over 70 years! I noticed she's 96. My dad was only 6 days older than she, and my mom just a few months younger. I have several nonagenarian FB friends, one of whom just turned 96 herself and is still going strong. In fact, my 102-year-old aunt (by marriage) died a few weeks ago. She was still sharp as a tack and yes, on Facebook! I have a 93-year-old FB friend with over 4,000 friends, and she posts selfie videos almost every day. She's had a very interesting life. We in America and many from around the world send our condolences on your loss. I hope King Charles, can carry on his mum's legacy, but she would be a tough act to follow.

I noticed the title on one of S&G's recent videos... 'Hannah's 'Secret' Injury - Bullet Cracked My Tooth." Okay, I bit. I knew it was going to be something stupid, so I'll save you the trouble. It wasn't a "bullet." As best I can deduce it was a buckshot pellet. I doubt the animal (beef?) was slaughtered with buckshot and that they weren't dining at one of those "Roadkill Cafes." Here's one in Arizona. That one fluffed the motto though... it SHOULD read, "From Your GRILLE, i.e. your vehicle's grille, to Ours."

I imagine at some point in the animal's life it was struck with buckshot (or birdshot) pellets, one or more imbedded in the muscle, and once inside the kitchen the meat wasn't adequately inspected before it was tossed in a pot to make the goulash. I was never sure how much money she got from the incident... I agree if it damaged a tooth to the extent it required dental treatment the place SHOULD have paid her dental bills. It's just that the amount... free meal vouchers, cost of the dentist, etc. sounded like a moving target. I just know Hannah didn't "bite a bullet."

• Heart
These two take the cake. As evidenced by the lack of activity here I gather they haven't provided much fodder for discussion. Or maybe the U.K. is pre-occupied with mourning Queen Elizabeth. She was a remarkable woman who served to the very end, over 70 years! I noticed she's 96. My dad was only 6 days older than she, and my mom just a few months younger. I have several nonagenarian FB friends, one of whom just turned 96 herself and is still going strong. In fact, my 102-year-old aunt (by marriage) died a few weeks ago. She was still sharp as a tack and yes, on Facebook! I have a 93-year-old FB friend with over 4,000 friends, and she posts selfie videos almost every day. She's had a very interesting life. We in America and many from around the world send our condolences on your loss. I hope King Charles, can carry on his mum's legacy, but she would be a tough act to follow.

I noticed the title on one of S&G's recent videos... 'Hannah's 'Secret' Injury - Bullet Cracked My Tooth." Okay, I bit. I knew it was going to be something stupid, so I'll save you the trouble. It wasn't a "bullet." As best I can deduce it was a buckshot pellet. I doubt the animal (beef?) was slaughtered with buckshot and that they weren't dining at one of those "Roadkill Cafes." Here's one in Arizona. That one fluffed the motto though... it SHOULD read, "From Your GRILLE, i.e. your vehicle's grille, to Ours."

I imagine at some point in the animal's life it was struck with buckshot (or birdshot) pellets, one or more imbedded in the muscle, and once inside the kitchen the meat wasn't adequately inspected before it was tossed in a pot to make the goulash. I was never sure how much money she got from the incident... I agree if it damaged a tooth to the extent it required dental treatment the place SHOULD have paid her dental bills. It's just that the amount... free meal vouchers, cost of the dentist, etc. sounded like a moving target. I just know Hannah didn't "bite a bullet."
Thank you @fredflintstone for watching S&G's video for those of us who just can't do it anymore.

Heartfelt sympathies to my British tattler friends in the loss of Queen Elizabeth. Truly a remarkable woman.

• Heart
Thank you to everyone thinking of us here in the uk🇬🇧 & your kind words for the Queen -she will be sorely missed😭

• Heart
Reactions: 6

You know it's actually really nice to read of a family with people living long lives. I have such a warped perspective on that because unfortunately it seems cursed that people die young in my family. By the time I was 10 I didnt have a single living grandparent, and i've lost both my mum and dad by 35. I sometimes forget that most people live long lives.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
You know it's actually really nice to read of a family with people living long lives. I have such a warped perspective on that because unfortunately it seems cursed that people die young in my family. By the time I was 10 I didnt have a single living grandparent, and i've lost both my mum and dad by 35. I sometimes forget that most people live long lives.
That’s very sad. Indeed some people love very long fulfilling lives my gran got a telegram from the Queen at her 100th birthday and lived til 101. People with Shane’s condition are living a lot longer these days with medical interventions sadly I know many boys with duchennes who have not made it to adulthood. You make a valid yet sad point of how not everyone regardless of anything don’t always get the longevity they deserve

• Heart
Sorry, this isn't entirely related to Shane and Hannah. Though relevant enough I hope?

There's another influencer called Wheelchair Rapunzel who has SMA. She's just announced her pregnancy.
They also have a very strange dynamic. Her boyfriend is her caregiver, and also only recently 6 months sober. Questions on whether she suffers with alcoholism too.

In general, there are lots of parallels between them and S&Q. Their own comments section is of course, filled with congratulations, as I imagine Shane and Hannah's would be if they somehow get pregnant. But if you look elsewhere, a lot of people have concerns. Firstly, with her body's ability to carry a baby to full term, and then if she does, the fact she won't be able to provide any real care for that child and whether it's selfish to bring a child into the world knowing you can't fully care for them.
Also, people understandably concerned about the father's sobriety, not only will he be in recovery but then caring for his girlfriend and newborn baby on top of that would be a lot for anyone.

Just made me think about Shane and Hannah becoming parents. Would people be more open to that because it's the father who is disabled? People's concerns seem to be exacerbated by the fact in the instance of Wheelchair Rapunzel it's the mother who won't be able to care for the baby.

Do you think it's inherently selfish and irresponsible for any couple with such a significant disability to have a baby?
Just interested in people's opinions.

I'm wondering if any of these people have really thought past the "awww a baby" stage and imagined the real challenges of daily life.

Then again, in Shane's case at least, he seems to bury his head in the sand when it comes to anything being challenging, and suggesting that some things might be difficult is abelist, obviously.

• Heart
Sorry, this isn't entirely related to Shane and Hannah. Though relevant enough I hope?

There's another influencer called Wheelchair Rapunzel who has SMA. She's just announced her pregnancy.
They also have a very strange dynamic. Her boyfriend is her caregiver, and also only recently 6 months sober. Questions on whether she suffers with alcoholism too.

In general, there are lots of parallels between them and S&Q. Their own comments section is of course, filled with congratulations, as I imagine Shane and Hannah's would be if they somehow get pregnant. But if you look elsewhere, a lot of people have concerns. Firstly, with her body's ability to carry a baby to full term, and then if she does, the fact she won't be able to provide any real care for that child and whether it's selfish to bring a child into the world knowing you can't fully care for them.
Also, people understandably concerned about the father's sobriety, not only will he be in recovery but then caring for his girlfriend and newborn baby on top of that would be a lot for anyone.

Just made me think about Shane and Hannah becoming parents. Would people be more open to that because it's the father who is disabled? People's concerns seem to be exacerbated by the fact in the instance of Wheelchair Rapunzel it's the mother who won't be able to care for the baby.

Do you think it's inherently selfish and irresponsible for any couple with such a significant disability to have a baby?

I'm wondering if any of these people have really thought past the "awww a baby" stage and imagined the real challenges of daily life.

Then again, in Shane's case at least, he seems to bury his head in the sand when it comes to anything being challenging, and suggesting that some things might be difficult is abelist, obviously.

This is only my opinion.
I think it’s a disaster, and I think it’s extremely selfish on both parties.

I have a severely disabled child, her diagnosis is literally 1 in 2.5 million. There was no signs from scans or tests, it was de novo. I would love to have more children but the very little risk is not worth it, mostly because it’s so rare we do not know the full extent on health or life span. Also, I cannot give adequate 24h care with other children on top.

I also have BPD and the stress of being a caregiver with it is very hard, throw into the fact this guy will be basically a caregiver to a baby and his partner, what support does he have? Respite? He is also an addict and as soon as things get tough which they will; it’s a massive risk.

In summary I think their decision is very stupid and selfish, and they aren’t thinking it through. I just don’t see how CPS won’t be involved to be honest, what care can she possibly give a baby when she can’t care for herself? This isn’t being mean, this is being realistic and her army of commenters just commenting with rose tinted views that everything is going to be amazing and anyone dare speak the truth is ‘ableist’ is absolute rubbish.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
This is only my opinion.
I think it’s a disaster, and I think it’s extremely selfish on both parties.

I have a severely disabled child, her diagnosis is literally 1 in 2.5 million. There was no signs from scans or tests, it was de novo. I would love to have more children but the very little risk is not worth it, mostly because it’s so rare we do not know the full extent on health or life span. Also, I cannot give adequate 24h care with other children on top.

I also have BPD and the stress of being a caregiver with it is very hard, throw into the fact this guy will be basically a caregiver to a baby and his partner, what support does he have? Respite? He is also an addict and as soon as things get tough which they will; it’s a massive risk.

In summary I think their decision is very stupid and selfish, and they aren’t thinking it through. I just don’t see how CPS won’t be involved to be honest, what care can she possibly give a baby when she can’t care for herself? This isn’t being mean, this is being realistic and her army of commenters just commenting with rose tinted views that everything is going to be amazing and anyone dare speak the truth is ‘ableist’ is absolute rubbish.

I agree with you totally. I think they are all doing a huge disservice to other disabled people by not being honest about how hard it really is.
You can love that person with your whole heart, but it's still tit sometimes. And saying so, doesn't make you abelist as Hannah specifically likes to make out.

I say this as someone who cares for my two disabled parents. Do I love them and would I do anything for them? Absolutely.
Are there days when I wish things were different and I could experience what it's like to have parents that could do things that other parents do with their children? Absolutely yes!!

Making out like everything is sunshine and rainbows and caregiving isn't ever difficult, is what is really abelist imo.

It is very likely that if these people have children, their children will no doubt become caregivers from the very moment they can is indeed selfish. I feel for their future children.
At least my parents didn't know they would become disabled when I was born.
They're willingly bringing children into a life that means they will never be able to be their own person.

• Heart
Thankyou for everyone who’s sent us english tattlers condolences I truly appreciate it Thankyou sending lots of love ❤

I had to unfollow wheelchair rapunzel her attuide was all me mr me she’s so self absorbed

• Heart

She will have a c section at roughly 7 months due to not being able to carry to full term or having the strength to give birth naturally is my presumption from how other severely disabled people have kids

all kinds of people have kids all kinds of people wants kids.. ex alcoholics… disabled people… the list goes on. Yep it’s a risk…alcoholics don’t make good parents no that’s the worst part aboutthis situation.the whole things is shotgun wedding too and he’s only been 60 days sober or something from looking at the account. Try five years before having kids

Last edited:
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.