Sophie Shohet

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes!! Nothing else to add but yes!!! Also not Sophie but Emma Anders - I was stunned she’d done a Primark haul…? This isn’t classism dressed up as environmental concern but if you have the budget to collect luxury bags then there’s no excuse for shopping in Primark/any fast fashion shiller. She was so gleeful over how cheap it all was and it made me cringe thinking yes because further down the supply chain someone else is getting shafted? She’s an intelligent women why can’t she connect the dots?
I think she has no full time job at the moment as she quit being a GP. But yes I’m sure she can afford more than Primark.

Reactions: 2
Completely agree on those Celine comments; shows a serious lack of fashion knowledge.

Similarly with her new Dior bag - I saw a lovely Instagram video from someone else about the design process, the artist, the meaning behind it. Sophie’s summary: ‘It’s a white and gold D-Lite’.

Her style is very much if it cost a lot and has a big logo, it must be good. The fact she’s trying to decide which colour Dior bucket hat to buy says it all.
This is an interesting take

I quite like Sophie. I don't see her as a fashion authority, and I don't think she tries to present as one either, she just talks about the things she likes/dislikes and why. So I didn't take that video as her showing what's in next year, more just as a person talking about what they were looking forward to.

I don't even necessarily like her style, but I like her personality so I keep watching 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 10
This is an interesting take

I quite like Sophie. I don't see her as a fashion authority, and I don't think she tries to present as one either, she just talks about the things she likes/dislikes and why. So I didn't take that video as her showing what's in next year, more just as a person talking about what they were looking forward to.

I don't even necessarily like her style, but I like her personality so I keep watching 🤷‍♀️
I like how you put it, it must be her personality that has the ASMR like draw. She does just seem genuinely very sweet and I love her fan engagement segments and you can tell they’re genuine, and she’s been v open about her life and career to date so you naturally find yourself rooting for her (to the point where idc about the floggy codes). I feel terrible for saying it now it just made me cringe as she is producing fashion content at the end of the day so surely should have some knowledge of the industry?

But is this a fair expectation from me? Like there’s a difference between collecting luxury goods and actually being interested in fashion. Bizarrely. Maybe I’m being a major snob because maybe for her peers/community Celine has only been mentioned for the past 2 years. But I’m just bewildered that someone would invest so much time and money into an industry they’re somewhat ignorant of? Maybe this is just a bigger 🤯 of these luxury collectors and their motivations than Sophie alone.

Reactions: 4
I think this is my main issue with a lot of influencers, they’ll say they are a ‘fashion’ influencer but in reality all they know is Luxury brands.

I have no issue with Sophie, even though her taste is absolutely atrocious 😂 I also just find her quite soothing to watch. She has a nice way about her, and she is not embarrassed to interact with her fans who wrote to her etc

She just knows Jack tit about fashion history which gets my back up sometimes

• Heart
I think this is my main issue with a lot of influencers, they’ll say they are a ‘fashion’ influencer but in reality all they know is Luxury brands.

I have no issue with Sophie, even though her taste is absolutely atrocious 😂 I also just find her quite soothing to watch. She has a nice way about her, and she is not embarrassed to interact with her fans who wrote to her etc

She just knows Jack tit about fashion history which gets my back up sometimes
Agree completely re fashion influencers - their job is just to act as a sales rep for whichever brands are currently engaging them, and increasingly so it is really bottom of the barrel tat.

The slow fashion girls are so much better at this but it’s chicken/egg in that a) they don’t produce much new content because no one actually consumes at the rate the sales reps do, they also actually work so don’t sit on Insta all day b) they’re never gonna have the same reach because they’ve not got brand cash sponsoring or sharing their content. But these women are stylish, often work in or have worked in fashion themselves so v knowledgeable and put out higher quality content than the #aff link huns, and oftentimes can make/mend/adjust garments! It’s just a shame they’ll never have the mass market appeal the mindless haul lot do.

Reactions: 3
For someone who spends so much money she looks so cheap, and not in a fun Dolly Parton way 😂

Reactions: 10
Controversial take I know, but I love Sophie's tops and I have purchased some of them for myself 😅 not her bags / jeans or blazers, neither the massive logo flashy things, but I will attach here some cool examples.

I am bored of influencers picking the exact same Jacquemus tops or Zara blouses. Sophie has a quite specific taste and is consistent with her choices, she wears the same thing over and over, for me it feels more relatable.

My only suggestion for her would be to size up a bit, I wonder if she struggles a bit with her body image trying to fit into certain sizes.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Yeah, Sophie’s style is really far away from my own but one thing about her that she’s unapologetic about her style and knows she can be tacky, I remember she mentions regularly how she know her clothes are not for anyone…and she’s right, these’re just clothes anyway…although there’s no excuse for her ugly crochet bag and I had to take a break from her videos after seeing that 🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I’m so confused as to how she left uni with £40k worth of debt - did she study medicine or architecture do we know? Even so for those courses, she’d have been eligible for £1k per annum fees so surely it wouldn’t have even got to £40k?

I’m younger than her and paid £3.5k a year with max loans etc and graduated with just over half of that…?

I’m so confused as to how she left uni with £40k worth of debt - did she study medicine or architecture do we know? Even so for those courses, she’d have been eligible for £1k per annum fees so surely it wouldn’t have even got to £40k?

I’m younger than her and paid £3.5k a year with max loans etc and graduated with just over half of that…?
Pretty sure she did marketing, and she's done videos on her poor spending habits and the credit cards she had to rely on to get through the rest of university. Those interest rates spiral like nothing else.

• Wow
Pretty sure she did marketing, and she's done videos on her poor spending habits and the credit cards she had to rely on to get through the rest of university. Those interest rates spiral like nothing else.
Oh omg thank you for clarifying - I did think it was really weird she spoke about buying academic textbooks, we were always encouraged to make use of the library and if anything you’re rewarded for including sources outside the reading list…?

I remember watching a bbc documentary when I was at uni in the early 2010s about her era and the insane student overdrafts/credit cards they were offering so that makes sense. I remember people saying how you can only get one student overdraft so imagine it was a result of what the banks offered students prior. Awful really, but a tad disingenuous to present that as student debt 😬

Oh omg thank you for clarifying - I did think it was really weird she spoke about buying academic textbooks, we were always encouraged to make use of the library and if anything you’re rewarded for including sources outside the reading list…?

I remember watching a bbc documentary when I was at uni in the early 2010s about her era and the insane student overdrafts/credit cards they were offering so that makes sense. I remember people saying how you can only get one student overdraft so imagine it was a result of what the banks offered students prior. Awful really, but a tad disingenuous to present that as student debt 😬
Right, I wouldn't be surprised

By the time I got to uni I was also only allowed one student account with one bank, but she mentioned she was able to sign up for 2 different ones at frehsers fair, ended up using up both overdrafts completely, and then had to move onto credit cards.

• Wow
Reactions: 6

i remember in my city about 15 years ago, many uni students went bankrupted before graduation because they used future money with credit cards.

• Wow
I haven't watched her video in a while and definitely won't be watching the new one either 😅
Screenshot_20230526-112026~2.png

Reactions: 1
Remember when she said she would never buy Hermes? Now she is making Hermes content.

Reactions: 5
I agree on the Hermes stuff. Bit snooze-worthy. I watch Sophie on and off as she's quite relaxing when I'm exhausted, and I'd not normally make such a horrid comment but has she had a bit too much botox/filler lately? She seemed terribly puffy and 'frozen-faced' in her last vlog.

• Sad
I agree on the Hermes stuff. Bit snooze-worthy. I watch Sophie on and off as she's quite relaxing when I'm exhausted, and I'd not normally make such a horrid comment but has she had a bit too much botox/filler lately? She seemed terribly puffy and 'frozen-faced' in her last vlog.
I thought the same, her face looked very bloated.
The outfits she tried on in Dior ... 🤦‍♀️

• Sad
Reactions: 2